Knee injuries affect millions of Americans each year. If you are one of the unfortunate people to have injured one of your knees, here are 5 key steps to ensure a quick and healthy recovery. There are many different knee conditions that can occur and affect your knee. If the pain is residing in your knee for long periods of time and putting stress on your everyday life, then the first thing you should do is schedule an appointment with your doctor.
- Many people will attempt to give you advice on how to recover from your injured knee, although they may be very reliable people, there are only two people who have the most accurate advice that you should listen to and they are your physical therapists or doctors.
- Once talking to your doctor or physical therapist, it is important to get into a routine of doing the exercises that you’re assigned. By doing certain exercises, you will be able to strengthen your knee and prevent recurring knee pain when bending and being active. There are many exercises that can be helpful while dealing with knee problems.
- If you haven’t already, begin dieting aggressively. I don’t mean dieting as in cutting calories to lose weight but increasing the nutrients that you consume on a daily basis to make sure that your body is well taken care of. Purchase a multi-vitamin and make a daily effort to eat healthily. Fruits and vegetables are good foods to stick to as they will provide your body with the nutrients necessary to promote the healing process and help to prevent chronic knee pain. This will also greatly help the prevention of recurring inner knee pain.
- The fourth step to follow is purchasing a knee brace. Your knee joint will still be weak after the tendons begin the healing process, so your right knee will be more susceptible to injury. Wear the brace as often as possible at the beginning in order to make sure you don’t cause stiff knee pain. There are many types of braces that can be useful during recovery. BraceAbility offers a wide variety of affordable braces, such as the open patella knee sleeve. This lightweight and breathable knee sleeve is helpful for treating many types of knee conditions and speeding up the recovery process. Warmth and compression are provided when using the open patella sleeve. If you are looking to immobilize the knee completely, the tri-panel knee immobilizer creates a breathable and comfortable support for the knee.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest after your knee surgery, but also remember that it is important to keep the knee moving to an extent to prevent it from stiffening up and causing more uncomfortable pain. The recovery process is not always easy, follow these steps to help ease your way through the healing period and listen to all advice that your doctors provide for you.