Why Do I Need an Open Patella / Open Back Knee Sleeve?
This neoprene knee sleeve is one of BraceAbility’s most popular knee braces with an opening around your patella (kneecap) and popliteal (behind your kneecap). BraceAbility’s open patella neoprene knee support was designed to protect your knee from future injuries, alleviate your knee pain, and provide comfortable support to your knees.
This knee sleeve can help treat many causes of knee pain and knee conditions including:
Knee arthritis (knee osteoarthritis (OA))
Moderate knee sprains and knee strains
6 Reasons Why People Love This Neoprene Knee Sleeve
This hassle-free slip-on recovery knee sleeve can be worn interchangeably on your right or left knee. There are no adjustable straps, closures, or fastens to deal with, making application quick and simple for athletes and non-athletes alike.
The open patella and open popliteal design prevents bunching
If you find solid neoprene knee supports or ACE bandages sweaty and uncomfortable, this brace is definitely a better fit for you. Although full coverage knee sleeves provide a little extra support, they tend to bunch behind your knee joint and slide down during physical activities and sports. This open front/back neoprene knee sleeve is a more breathable option and stays put without bunching, giving your knees the support they really need.
Great for athletes
The extra support provided by this knee brace allows athletes suffering from sports-related injuries to continue their normal fitness routine. However, powerlifters and bodybuilders often favor BraceAbility’s closed patella knee sleeve for its extra support.
Made from 3/16” thick premium-grade neoprene
This discreet black knee sleeve is 13” long and 3/16” thick, making it not too flashy and flat enough to fit under ordinary pants, such as jeans, but still thick enough to provide adequate compression and support.
This water-resistant knee brace is perfect for swimming, a great exercise for people trying to lose weight and much easier on your knees than running if you have knee problems.
Reduces swelling and promotes healing
This neoprene material provides warmth and moderate elastic compression to your sore knee, which reduces swelling and encourages blood flow to speed up your healing process.
Is This Black Neoprene Knee Sleeve Waterproof?
Similar to the wetsuits scuba divers wear, this open patellar knee sleeve is unique because it is made out of premium-grade 3/16” thick neoprene, which is water-resistant. Meaning, this neoprene knee sleeve able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.
If you do wear this knee sleeve when you are sweating profusely, showering, or for a swim, it is important to lay this knee sleeve flat to dry out completely before using it again for swimming, rowing, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding or surfing, for example.
For more knee supports that can be worn in the water, see BraceAbility’s full line of neoprene knee braces.
Frequently Asked Questions about this Knee Sleeve
- Who can wear it? With sizes from S all the way up to 4XL, anyone from kids and teens to adults can wear this knee sleeve. Our larger sizes will even fit plus size or overweight men and women.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a fabric tape measure, measure the circumference of your leg 6” above the center of your kneecap and 6” below the center of your kneecap. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our detailed sizing instructions to choose the right size.
- What conditions does this knee brace treat? Helps to manage pain from injuries like knee arthritis, knee osteoarthritis (OA), knee sprains, knee strains, patellofemoral pain syndrome, runner's knee, jumper's knee, and general knee pain.
- How do I put on this knee sleeve?
- Insert your foot into the largest end of the knee sleeve.
- The stitched seam should run down the backside of your leg, centered behind your kneecap
- Continue pulling up until there is approximately 6” of material above your kneecap.
- There should be opening around your kneecap (patella) and at the back of your knee (popliteal)
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? Yes, but this knee brace is meant to fit against your skin for a better grip. It can be worn above tight pants or leggings if necessary.
- How tall is this knee sleeve? 13”
- What material is this sleeve made of? Latex-free, 3/16” thick premium-grade neoprene
- When should I wear this knee sleeve? This lightweight knee brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. However, you should check with your primary care physician before wearing any compression knee sleeve while sleeping.
- Can I wash this neoprene knee brace? Yes. We recommend hand washing this knee brace with mild soap and then lay flat to air dry completely for about 24 hours.
I use this when I excercise in the pool.I will be having knee replacement surgery, so this support enables me to do the motions.
Very happy with whole buying experience. Brace was initially too small(tight) and I requested a return/larger size and now my knee brace fits PERFECTLY. Thank you, Rick Colantoni
Excellent neoprene sleeves
I have tried dozens of knee braces from dozens of sources. Since finding Braceability I can finally know I have found the source for quality, fairly priced, consistent, well fit braces. The neoprene sleeve is no exception. I purchased two and took advantage of savings, knowing they’d be great. They are. These are true to size, but if you have fat thighs or calves you’re going to get some pinch and bunch in the back of the knee.
New knee brace
I really think this makes a difference!
exactly what i was looking for
very good the neoprene sleeve seemed hard to find but this is exactly what I wanted