5 Best Features: Spondylolisthesis and Spondylolysis Back Brace
The abdominal compression provides a hydrostatic lift for the spine; meaning it helps to reduce the pressure that is placed on the tissues in your lumbar or thoracic back region.
Double Pulley System
The patented double-pulley system of this back brace applies targeted support and compression from the top of the lumbar spine down to the sacrum at its base. A mechanical pulley system makes it easy to activate the compression feature of this brace.
Adjust the back panel up or down to customize where the brace will sit most comfortably on your hips. When adjusted, the back panel of the lumbar pulley brace will contour to the natural curve of your low back.
Front and Back Stabilization Panels
The corset back brace comes with two panels—one for the back of the body (posterior) and one for the front (anterior) providing 360 degrees of stability. If less stabilization is desired in a time such as post-surgery recovery, simply remove the back panel.
Breathable and Comfortable
No need to worry about overheating or sweating making for an uncomfortable fit. This brace is made with a polyester mesh belt and back panel to keep things light and airy.
Spondylolisthesis Treatment Without Surgery
Trauma, aging, and structural abnormalities present since birth can all lead to problems with your spine. In the vast majority of cases, these can be remedied with conservative non-surgical methods, possibly even with the help of this back stabilizer.
This lower back support can help with numerous different causes of back pain or conditions including:
- Lumbar mechanical back pain
- Pars Defect
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Discs
- Bulging or Herniated Discs
- Facet Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
In the rare case when it is necessary to endure a surgical procedure, this corset back brace can be the perfect tool to help speed up your recovery. This spondylolisthesis surgery recovery brace can help after a laminectomy, foraminotomy, IDET procedures, anterior laparoscopic fusion, posterolateral fusion for multilevel decompression.
Spondylolysis vs. Spondylolisthesis
Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis are closely related conditions that are easily confused with each other. Outside of pain management steps, treatment for these conditions typically includes efforts to reduce the amount of stress on the low back. Both of these conditions typically occur at the lowest vertebra of the lumbar spine—the fourth (L4) and fifth (L5) lumbar vertebra.
Spondylolysis is when the bones that act as the bridge connecting the upper and lower facet joints of the spine weaken, leading to a separation in the pars interarticularis. Spondylolysis is the result of a stress fracture, which causes the bones to shift out of place. Read more on Spondylolysis.
Spondylolisthesis or lumbar listhesis occurs when one of the vertebrates in your spine shifts out of position, typically forward, (anterolisthesis) or backward (retrolisthesis). It is more common for spondylolisthesis to occur in your lumbar spine (5th and 4th vertebra), but can also be found in the thoracic or cervical regions of your spine. Wondering if you have spondylolisthesis? Read more about spondylolisthesis symptoms and causes
Reversing SpondylothesisSpondylolisthesis and Back Pain Treatments:
- Physical therapy to increase the strength and flexibility of your back, legs, and abdomen
- Exercises for spondylolisthesis help to strengthen the surrounding muscles of the injured region of your back, promoting the healing process
- Wearing a back support brace. Such braces for spondylolisthesis and spondylolysis can help immobilize the spine reducing the amount of stress that is placed on the lumbar spine.
- Ice/heat therapy can help reduce your pain from many conditions especially if you are experiencing a lot of swelling. Try wearing an ice and heat wrap to easily apply and compress to your back.
- Anti-inflammatory medications can also help to reduce swelling and pain.
In some cases, spondylolisthesis surgery is necessary to prevent the slippage from worsening. Again, this back brace for spondylolysis is adaptable so that it can be used for pre/post-surgery care for spinal fusion treatment as well as several other spinal surgery procedures. The removable feature of this brace can help those who need to change the level of compression pre or post-surgery recovery.
Similarly, the stabilization and support this lightweight lumbar back brace provides, make it compatible with treating many other conditions involving the discs, muscles, or even the spaces of the spine.
How Does This Brace Relieve Lower Back Pain?
The spine is an intricate structure, and injury to one of its components can throw off its function, causing pain in the lumbar spine and possibly other areas of the body such as the hips, knees, or even the feet.
While an accident or trauma is certainly to blame for some sources of lumbar pain, simple day-to-day motions or the wear that comes with aging can cause your discs, vertebrae, or facet joints to shift out of position, herniate or crumble.
Whatever the situation, this brace for lower back pain can help. Easing pressure on the spine tissues while creating a spinal lift through abdominal compression can decrease your discomfort and allow healing to occur. In addition, the compression also enhances blood flow to the lower back, which speeds the removal of inflammation and encourages healing.
Easy Application for Post-Surgery or Arthritis
It’s also worth noting that whether a patient sticks to wearing the lumbar back support corset is a key element of how successful his or her recovery is. With this in mind, this brace incorporates breathable material, contoured panels, padding, a simple, sleek design featuring application aids for arthritic hands to make it as “easy” to wear the low-back belt as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Spondylolysis & Spondylolisthesis Belt
- What conditions/injuries does this back brace treat? Treats the following sources of low-back pain: mechanical back issues, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, herniated discs, bulging discs, and facet syndrome. It can also be used for post-surgery recovery.
- How does it work? The belt supports the lower back, and its patented pulley system allows you to compress the abdomen, which creates intracavitary pressure that transfers stress away from the spine. This also stabilizes the lower back, which is great for conditions like spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis pain where too much movement creates alignment issues and pain.
- When should I wear it? You should always follow a doctor’s instructions regarding usage. But generally speaking, you can safely wear this belt whenever you need extra support and/or pain relief.
- What is it made of? The belt is made of a breathable, polyester mesh material that is lightweight but durable. A layer of fastener goes around the belt to secure the nylon and polyurethane pull tabs wherever feels best for you. The fastener also sits at both ends of the brace to secure in the front. The strings are made up of high-quality thick polyester.
- Who can wear this brace? Men and women of all ages and sizes can benefit from this belt.
- What size should I buy? Be sure to review the second photo above with our size chart to get your most accurate measurements. If you do not see your size, you can check out our plus size belts
- How tall is this brace? This brace is 5 ½ inches in the front, and 11 inches in the back.
- Washing instructions: Remove rigid components from the brace. Wipe rigid components with a damp cloth to clean. The soft belt can be hand washed in warm water with mild detergent. Allow the brace to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Fastener closures make for easy application, removal, or adjustment.
- Mechanical advantage pulley system supports your back from harmful bending or twisting
- Color: Black
- SKU(s): CYB-60; 12B04
My prayer answered!
I have Lumbar Spondylolisthesis and I've had severe pain for 3-4 years. I work at a general doctors office (and sit down for 9 hours 5 days a week) and they told me i needed surgery but because of my age they have major concerns for my back health later on down the rode in life. I don't take any medicine for the pain, 1. because the doctors i work for don't prescribe pain meds and 2. because i don't like taking pills for personal reasons. I got this back brace and i honestly am so amazed how well it supports me and takes the pressure off of my spine almost immediately after i put it on! I have tried so many ways to relieve this pressure and pain and this has been the first thing to truly sustain me. I can't express enough through words how grateful I am to have come across this website and brace!!! for me I would rate it a 10/10. The only thing that I would say I don't particularly like is that it's kind of bulky but it doesn't even matter because it helps me feel more normal than I have in years! so i wouldn't really call that a real concern or complaint. Hope this helps somebody!
I fell on by left SI joint in 2002 and have been in constant pain. I have the “Mac Plus” I got last summer but have lost weight and needed a shorter belt. I was going to wait till I saw my doctor but with Covid19 it may be a while yet. So I took a chance on this corset and I am thankful that I did. I do everything wearing it including sleeping in it and only remove it to bathe. I am glad that I went and paid more for double the support and it’s already molded to fit the curvature of the spine. Thanks
My 14 yo son has spondylolisthesis and has been in pain/discomfort for a few months. The smallest brace at the Dr office did not fit (too big), so we ordered this one with the knowledge that it was returnable. Fits great! (size Small) and fees comfortable and supportive. Just what we needed! Best of all, we received it in 2 days :) Thank you!
A LIFE SAVER!!
I've ordered this item in desperation. My lower back SPONDYLOLYSIS pain was pushing me to the edge. While waiting for 2 months for some ACTION from my *** in regards to my condition,I've decided to take matters on my own hands. I've mentioned that I had purchased this item and he responded that is not proven to help this condition. Regular shipping and I've received it in 2 days. Worn it FRI, slept with it; worn it SATURDAY all day and night; SUN didn't wear it during the day (and I was working on my home project - standing all day and had no crisis - was very careful with my back, and wore it to sleep. Today, I feel great - but, always watching all my movements. I'm coming to realize that the vertebrae slips when I lean forward or sideways. I can't recommend enough this item, if you suffer from this condition. For me, MEDICATION DOESN'T help this BONE issue. So, to the trash it went.
Very comfortable fitting.