How is Obesity Directly Correlated with Lower Back Pain?
According to the Centers for Disease Control, over one-third (35.7%) of Americans are considered obese. This number has been increasing in the last few years - making health problems related to obesity a large issue. To be considered ‘obese,’ you have an excess of body fat, which can greatly increase the risk of health issues. If you’re unsure if you’re considered a heavy individual, we’ve created an easy BMI calculator to help you understand what your current weight/fat ratio is.
Negative health effects of becoming obese include:
- High blood pressure
- Cancer (breast, pancreas, colon, rectum, esophagus, and endometrium)
- Heart disease
- Sleeping issues (sleep apnea)
Aside from the conditions listed above, another common negative health effect of being plus size is having spinal/back issues. It’s been proven that the higher your BMI level is, the higher chance you have of experiencing lumbar back pain or injury. Carrying around extra weight can take a huge toll on the mechanisms of your back, especially your spinal discs, muscles, and bones. This excess weight shifts your center of gravity, resulting in your back working harder to hold your body in an upright position. To read more about why back pain is a side effect of obesity, check out our blog post!
7 Reasons Why People Love This Lower Plus Size Back Brace Support
Since many people are struggling with obesity, we understand the need for a brace that not only completely supports the back region allowing for back relief, but also helps make day-to-day activities easier. Wearing an obesity back brace can do wonders in relieving some of that tension placed on your spine due to the excess weight you’ve been carrying around. The numerous features of this big and tall back support belt help it stand out from the alternative products you can buy at the big box stores.
Obesity Back Support Tapers in Length in the Front
This elastic plus-size back support brace for males and females tapers from 10 ½” tall in the back to 6” in the front, giving your back full coverage and support while also preventing irritation in your abdomen region.
Big and Tall Back Brace is Great for Those Ranging in Sizes XL-6XL
One of the best features of this plus-size belt is that it fits all ranges of large individuals. You no longer have to be frustrated in finding a size that’s large enough for your specific body shape/size. The softback girdle fits hip circumferences of 42” up to 68”. If you’re looking for a smaller size, check out our large selection of back support belts to find the perfect brace for you!
Plus Size Back Brace is Comprised of Premium Elastic and Cotton Flannel / Foam Material
The front and sides of the belt are made of a premium elastic material, allowing it to stretch and conform to your body. The adjustable elastic material is durable enough for everyday activities, such as walking or exercising. The backside of the brace is comprised of a soft, breathable foam/cloth laminate with polyurethane foam and cotton flannel fabric covering, making it comfortable against your skin. The lightweight aspect of the brace prevents sweating and allows you to wear it over or under your clothes, depending on your preference. All parts of this brace are latex-free.
Bariatric Back Brace Has Double-Pull Elastic Tension Straps to Provide Extra Compression
This back support brace features double-pull elastic tension straps in front to help increase the amount of confinement of the obesity back brace. The straps are easily adjusted on your own by pulling them out and away from your body until you reach the amount of compression you desire then simply secure the straps by the fastener.
Back Brace for Overweight Features Removable Aluminum Stays Prevent Brace from Rolling/Bunching Up
There are four removable aluminum stays located on the backside of this back support belt for large men and women. These stays help prevent any uncomfortable rolling or bunching up of the brace. The stays enable you to wear the brace throughout your entire day without having to adjust or reposition the lumbosacral orthopedic brace.
Aluminum Stays in the XL Back Brace Can Be Contoured to Your Specific Body Shape
The aluminum stays mentioned above can be bent to fit the shape of your lower back and add support to your lumbar spine. This feature adds to the customization of this bariatric support for a plus-size lady.
Back Support is Easily Adjusted and Applied
This obese back corset is simple and quick to apply! To put on the waist trainer, you secure the front closures first, then adjust the double-pull tension straps to add compression. You can apply this waist trimmer by yourself, without any assistance.
Can This Extra Large Back Brace Help Promote Weight Loss?
Yes! This extra-large back brace not only acts as a plus-size waist trainer that helps slim and trim down your stomach but makes you more active and energized. This supporter helps lift and compress your stomach to help lower the amount of stress placed on your spine - in turn, making your body feel healthier! You will no longer feel pain when trying to lose weight. Wearing plus size back braces can help prevent fatigue and shortness of breath while exercising or doing the activities you love.
This obesity back brace also helps promote good posture, which relieves the weight on the joints in your knees. If you’re experiencing knee pain due to being overweight, wearing an obesity knee sleeve is another pain relief option. Additionally, this 4x large back brace is a great post weight loss surgery brace because it helps compress the incision site to promote healing. Many individuals undergoing bariatric surgery find wearing a lower back/abdomen brace after the procedure can help tremendously during the recovery process.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Big and Tall Back Brace Support
What conditions/injuries does this SI joint stabilizer treat? This obese belly support band can help treat moderate lower back pain, muscle strains, tears, or pulls, bulging discs, herniated discs, scoliosis, sciatica, and hip pain. It helps those morbidly obese individuals suffering from excess pain in their lumbar spine.
- How does it work? This lumbar support is specifically designed to provide superior lower back and abdominal support, treating and easing mild to chronic back pain.
- When should I wear it? Thanks to the lightweight, latex-free material it's possible for you to wear this brace 24/7 if advised by your doctor. You can also sleep comfortably in this brace due to its soft material. It’s advised to speak with a medical professional before wearing a brace for an extended amount of time.
- What is it made of?
- Front of the brace and tension straps: elastic
- Back panel: soft and breathable foam/cloth laminate with polyurethane foam and polyester fabric covering
- Removable stays: aluminum
- All parts are latex-free
- Who can wear this brace? Men and women of all ages can benefit from this back brace support, so long as the circumference of their hips falls within a range of 44 inches to 80 inches. A pregnant woman can even wear this support so long as her belly does not take her past the size limit. We also offer maternity support belts and postpartum binders.
- What size should I buy? Using a soft/flexible tape measure, find the circumference around your hips, in inches. This obese medical support accommodates large waists and fits wide hip circumferences of 44” up to 80”.
- How do I put it on? Unhook all closures and lay the brace flat on the floor to identify the topside. The top has openings, which allow you to remove the metal stays. Next, position the brace behind your body so it’s centered on your back with the bottom of the brace sitting at the widest part of your hips. Fold the left side of the brace towards the middle of your stomach. Wrap around the right side but pull firmly and secure the closure. Repeat this process with the double-pull tension straps for your desired compression level.
- How do I adjust the brace? Grab the double-pull tension straps (located on the outside of the brace) and adjust them to make it either tighter or looser, then re-apply the closures.
- How tall is this brace? The brace tapers from 10 ½” tall in the back to 6” in the front.
- Washing Instructions: To wash the brace, first, remove stays and close all closures. Hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Do not use bleach. The brace should be air-dried. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- The 60-inch belt is flexible and breathable, making it ideal for active use.
- Unisex brace fits overweight to morbidly obese men and women.
- Provided compression stimulates healing, reducing inflammation.
- Color: White
ALRIGHT AND OUTSTANDING
Just what I was looking for.
This item is exactly what I was looking for. It gives me the extra support I need in the middle back. It definitely fits, true to size. I would recommend this product.
Exactly what I needed to relieve back pain. I couldn’t stand to wash dishes without back pain. This relieved that pain!
I am a 74 yearold great grandmother who babysits 2 18 month old babies and a 8 month old. . The chrildren need my care and the back brace allows me mire freedom in their care. I can get down and play with them or pick them up and carry them. At the end of the day I have less pain because of the brace.
Very well designed to support the back. Highly recommend !