The 5 Top Rated Features of This Plus Size Abdominal Binder
Made of Breathable & Comfortable Elastic
Provides Slimming Effect
Easy, Adjustable Compression
Promotes Blood & Oxygen Flow to Encourage Healing
Helps Diminish Back Pain
Regardless of what this plus-size corset is used for, you can be assured it will provide comfortable support and compression. The extra-large abdominal binder is constructed of premium-panel elastic, with soft plush backing on the inside. The discreet white color and low-profile fit of the belly support band means it discreetly fits
Using a hemstitch technique between the 4 panels allows this binder to conform to your body shape, making it comfortable to sit, stand, or lay down in. The contoured stitching also prevents this belly binder from rolling or bunching up.
With a single fastener, this surgical binder is easy to use and can be applied easily for custom support and compression. Many users describe the flexible fit as being so comfortable you forget you’re even wearing an abdominal wrap. It also helps hold in excess or hanging stomach fat like a girdle, providing a slimming effect to your belly.
The compression this bariatric belt provides, helps reduce swelling and boost blood circulation. This, in turn, encourages healing, while also protecting your incision site after surgery. The quicker you heal, the sooner you can return to a mobile lifestyle, further advancing your recovery process. But remember, it’s important to consult with your doctor or physical therapist about using this surgical binder after surgery, as splinting is not right for everyone.
In addition to speeding up your recovery process, the compression also helps transfer stress away from your lower back, diminishing back pain and protecting against further damage. The 9-inch and 12-inch abdominal support also promotes better posture, which in and of itself can help ease pain.
How Does This Belly Band Work?
There are a number of reasons where a stomach binder brace is a useful tool. A binder brace for the stomach applies compression to your low-back as well as your upper and lower abdomen.
This body wrap can be used for:
- Abdominal muscle strain or cramping
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Post-surgical care
- Diastasis recti (stomach muscle separation)
- Obesity-related discomfort
- Back pain
- Bladder problems
- Weight loss
Abdominal Wrap Doubles as a Hernia Belt
As mentioned above, several customers have found relief using this brace for hernia-related struggles. The 4-paneled compression of this plus-size belt is ideal for hernia support. Many customers purchase our Hernia Pad as an add-on to this hernia girdle to target and treat umbilical belly button hernias or other troubling abdominal hernias.
If hernia surgery is the route you take, this surgical binder and abdominal support will protect you even after the hernia is removed (see more hernia supports). With premium-panel elastic, this abdominal bandage wrap will comfortably compress your stomach to increase blood flow and oxygen, ultimately speeding up recovery and healing after surgery. Again, always be sure to check with your doctor before using after surgery.
Best Abdominal Binder After Surgery
In many cases, your doctor may recommend additional abdominal or waist compression following surgery as a healing tool. Please check with your doctor to see if this plus-size surgical stomach wrap would be beneficial for you
Some examples of procedures in which this brace may provide post-surgical support include, after liposuction, hysterectomy or tummy tuck surgery, postnatal/postpartum (after pregnancy), especially if you had a Cesarean section (C-section) or multiple-birth delivery, or following hernia surgery
Frequently Asked Questions About This Extra-Large Stomach Wrap
- Who can wear it? Available in sizes XL through 4XL, fitting a wide range of body circumferences, so anyone from average to overweight and morbidly obese adults can wear this abdominal tummy band.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a fabric tape measure, stand up and measure the circumference of your abdomen at its widest point. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our sizing chart to choose the correct size.
- What conditions does this stomach brace treat? This belly binder helps treat and provide support for lower back pain, abdominal hernias, bladder problems, obesity-related pain, and stomach muscle strain or injury. The splint also promotes healing postpartum or following hysterectomy, C-section, gastroplasty, lipo, and abdominoplasty surgery.
- How do I put it on? Unfold the abdominal binder and lay it out to identify the top vs. bottom. The slightly wider end is the bottom, this will sit on your hips. Position the binder behind your body, making sure the fastener strip is facing inward. Wrap the binder around your core and secure with fastener once you’ve reached a nice, snug fit. For some, it may be easier to lay down on top of the flat binder and then wrap it around yourself. If it is still too difficult, have somebody help you apply the binder.
- Can I wear this binder over my shirt? Yes.
- How tall is this support? Available in 9" and 12” tall options.
- What material is this brace made of? Made of latex-free, premium-panel elastic and a fastener.
- When should I wear it? This abdominal binder can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. However, you should consult with your doctor before wearing any abdominal support for extended periods of time, such as while sleeping.
- Washing Instructions: Hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow binder to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use bleach or high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Unisex design means this abdominal binder can be worn by men or women.
- Low-profile design can be worn under your clothes without showing.
- Medical-grade fasteners make for a secure fit.
- Color: White.
Love the brace but l got it to bigl need a smaller size
Top fold down at top of waist
It’s durable. But top part fold down.
The binder is very comfortable and supportive. It also helps my back. A very useful purchase.
This binder is more comfortable than the one given to me from the hospital after my surgery. It fits well and has just the right amount of stretch.
Exactly what I wanted