Daytime Plantar Fasciitis Ankle Brace
Traditional plantar fasciitis night splints are often worn while sleeping to stretch your plantar fascia, but then heel pain returns during the day. Like a night splint, this daytime ankle brace stretches your plantar fascia and Achilles tendon. The daytime foot wrap does both these things by the use of elastic tension straps, which apply gentle compression to the Achilles tendon and plantar fascia.
This ankle brace also supports your foot arch area, helping relieve stress and reduce heel pain to promote quicker healing. The daytime brace's arch support system and ankle wrap are fully adjustable, allowing you to customize the fit to your ideal level of support and compression.
Great for helping manage a variety of foot and ankle injuries or conditions, including:
- Plantar fasciitis heel pain
- Achilles tendonitis
- Peroneal tendonitis
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD)
- Fallen arches (flat feet)
- High arches
- Ankle sprains and strains
- Mild ankle instability
Some causes of plantar fasciitis include having high arches or flat feet, having feet that roll inward excessively while walking, being overweight, or wearing ill-fitting shoes. With activity or added weight on the feet, your arch can collapse, leading to sprains, strains, and shin splints. Shin splints are also more likely to occur when your leg muscles and tendons are tired or inflamed. Adding support around your ankle provides protection to the tendons in your lower leg.
For posterior tibial tendonitis, PTTD, your foot collapses inward and the arch flattens (AKA ankle pronation). Using this daytime brace to pull up your foot arch helps with this condition, in the mild stages. To pull up your arch, attach the long strap to the medial side first and wraparound, attaching to the lateral side. For outward ankle rolling (supination), attach the long strap to the lateral side first, wraparound, then attach to the medial side. Please refer to the instruction sheet above for clearer direction.
What You Need to Know About Plantar Fasciitis
The plantar fascia is a thick tendon in your foot that connects your toes to your heel. When this band of tissue becomes irritated and inflamed, it is known as plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain, occurring most often in middle-aged people. It is also very common among anyone who does a lot of running, standing, or walking.
The average recovery for plantar fasciitis takes about 6 to 9 months with therapy. We recommend using this plantar fasciitis ankle brace during the day in combination with a sleeping boot or splint throughout the night for the quickest recovery. Need nighttime support? Check out our soft dorsal night splint or sleeping stretch boot! But, please seek advice from your doctor about the best treatment plan for your injury. If left untreated, heel pain can lead to difficulty in running and walking that will require complex therapy.
4 Advantages of This Tendonitis Ankle Brace
Ankle Brace That Fits in Shoe
Normally, plantar fasciitis braces are bulky, heavy, and stiff, but not this plantar fasciitis day support. The brace is small, lightweight, and easy to move with. Designed to fit inside your shoe without adding bulk. It can also be used with a sandal and slipper or worn barefoot. With moisture-wicking technology, the brace adds comfort to your daily activities while wearing it.
Its universal design means you can wear this daytime splint with heel support strap interchangeably on your right or left foot. The ankle brace for plantar fasciitis is one size fits most, accommodating ankle circumferences up to 12 inches.
Perfect for Athletes
This peroneal tendonitis brace helps to reduce pain while allowing you to continue exercising. The straps are made of a thin material that can be exposed to sweat and water without any added discomfort or damage. Safe to wear in the shower or pool.
These characteristics and more make this ankle support perfect for sports and physical activities like running, jogging, walking, soccer, volleyball, basketball, tennis, and golf.
Entirely hook and loop compatible, this plantar fasciitis ankle brace is fully adjustable so you can achieve the best fit. Tighten or loosen the arch and ankle straps as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Plantar Fasciitis Day Splint
- What conditions / injuries does this ankle stabilizer treat? Provides effective relief for plantar fasciitis, foot arch pain, sprains, strains, and tendonitis, including peroneal tendonitis, Achilles tendonitis, posterior tibial tendonitis, and PTTD.
- How does it work? This ankle brace provides gentle compression to your plantar fascia, supporting your foot arch and ankle throughout the day. This helps relieve stress on the plantar fascia, reducing heel pain and promoting healing.
- When should I wear it? It is designed to be worn throughout the day. However, you should always follow your physician's recommended treatment plan.
- What is it made of? Soft unnapped elastic and medical-grade fastener. Contains latex.
- Who can wear this brace? Men and women of all ages can benefit from the ankle, arch, and foot support provided by this brace.
- What size should I buy? Available in one universal size, fitting ankle circumferences up to 12 inches. Please measure before purchasing.
- How do I put it on? Undo fasteners, removing the arch strap. Place the two soft cushions on each side of the back of your ankle. Secure the two straps around your ankle. These need to be snug but not too tight. Place the middle of the long strap under the arch of your foot. Secure from the inside to the outside for flat feet or ankles that roll inward. Secure from the outside to the inside for high arches or ankles that roll outward. The arch strap should form an X on the top of your foot.
- Washing Instructions: Secure fastener and machine wash on delicate with like colors. Lay flat to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Ideal for athletes that need performance support
- Three-way adjustability for a custom fit
- Can be worn on the right or left ankle
- Wraps around the foot instead of pull-over application
- Color: Black.
It's relieved the pain in my arch and Achilles tendon! I'm so thankful.
I love this this brace! It is very versatile and so easy to use. Very comfortable too.
Plantar Fasciitis Ankle Brace
Good fit, easy to use. Not heavy.
Using the brace and NSAIs has really helped!
Plantar fasciitis day ankle brace
When I’m on my feet for a long time it helps.