Why Do I Need This Patellofemoral Knee Brace?
If you are an active runner, walker, or play sports, it is likely that you’ve experienced pain in the front of your knee around your patella. Our adjustable knee brace was designed to alleviate this kneecap pain and help you get back to your normal activities.
The specifically shaped pad compresses the area directly below your kneecap, to take pressure off of the joint. This thin knee brace is designed for:
- Runner’s knee
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Jumper's knee
- Patellar tendonitis
- Tibial tuberosity
- Osgood Schlatter
Can Osgood Schlatter disease in adults occur?
Often referred to as the growing pains of the knees, pain associated with Osgood Schlatter disease typically goes away once the adolescent stops growing. Without treatment, some kids are left with a permanent bump below their kneecap. In rare circumstances, adults may continue to experience painful Osgood Schlatter symptoms caused by residual bone fragments around the patellar tendon.
If you are experiencing a bony or painful below your knee, or knee pain while kneeling, you may be experiencing Osgood Schlatter symptoms for adults. Depending on your pain levels, check out our full line of Osgood Schlatter knee braces
Find out more about Osgood Schlatter disease in adults here.
5 Reasons People Love This Knee Shock Absorber
Adjustable and Reusable
The fact that this band for the knee is adjustable means one can tighten it to an ideal amount of pressure. Being able to adjust and tighten your knee strap to just the right amount of pressure is crucial in order to effectively ease the pain. Easily adjustable fastener straps allow for simple application and the right amount of pressure and support around your kneecap.
This patellar tendon strap makes for the perfect replacement for knee taping. You can reuse this band in place of constantly taping your knee before your activities.
Perfect for Running, Sports and Exercise
Lightweight and thin, this knee band for runners is ideal to wear during any physical activity. When you run, jump and put pressure on your knee, it is likely that you are exposing yourself to patella injuries. Whether you are participating in soccer, gymnastics, cycling, rowing, basketball, volleyball, or snowboarding, your knee will be protected.
With a large range of sizes available to choose from, the patellar tendon strap was designed for average to plus size adults. The knee sleeve also fits both the right and left knee, so you are able to use it interchangeably.
If you need a knee strap for your child and do not see a small enough size here, check out our kid's version of this same knee band
Provides Therapeutic Heat and Compression
The neoprene material of this knee strap applies soothing heat to increase circulation and heal sore or aching muscles. Knee strap applies pressures to the patella tendon. This tubular pad contains a non-slip interior to avoid constantly sliding, but also provides targeted compression to relieve stress and alleviate pain.
Low Profile and Discreet for Day-to-Day Activities
Extremely low-profile and nonrestrictive, this 2” tall patella strap allows for a comfortable full range of motion. Whether your pain is experienced during walking, standing, or whatever your daily activities may look like, this thin knee strap will provide you discreet protection.
How This Infrapatellar Strap Helps With Chondromalacia
There are a number of reasons this knee band is a popular choice for a number of the knee joint and patella problems you may be experiencing, including runner’s knee, also known as chondromalacia.
Knee pain from running is such a common occurrence that the term “runner’s knee” has become a commonplace way of describing a number of conditions that cause knee pain, and often pain around the front of the knee. Wearing a chondromalacia knee brace like this one directly under the patella takes pressure off the joint, dramatically reducing pain that you are experiencing during your daily activities. To avoid the pain of runner’s knee, as well as additional overuse of your knee, this strap is one to stabilize and provide constant support and compression.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Thin Knee Brace
- What material is this brace made of? Latex-free, premium-grade soft loop neoprene.
- Who can wear it? This knee band is designed to fit both men and women with a wide range of sizes available.
- Can it be worn on the right or left leg? Yes, this patellar strap can be worn on either leg.
- When should I wear it? For best results, wear during physical activities that include running or jumping. We recommend speaking with your doctor for further guidance.
- Can this band be worn over my pants? Yes, but this knee brace is meant to fit tight against the skin for a better grip. It can be worn above tight pants or leggings if necessary.
- How do I put it on? To apply, first undo the fastener strap. Position the rubberized, tubular compression pad against the skin directly under the kneecap. Thread the fastener strap through the D-ring, pulling the strap to tighten and secure. Loosen or tighten the strap to adjust the amount of compression provided.
- Washing Instructions: Close fasteners and hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Lay it flat to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Completely adjustable fastener straps so you can find the right amount of pressure for you.
- The interior of this band is made on non-slip material to prevent constant sliding.
- Can be worn interchangeably on your right or left knee, making this strap easy to reuse over time.
- Color: Black
I wear it every day, all day. My knee pain is no longer an issue since wearing this.
Recommended to me by a physical therapist friend of mine. Knees are feeling better since I started using these braces.
Seems to be helping well I am able to do what I have to do right now and it helps keeping the pain down
RJ TUSCALOOSA, AL
The bands really seem to help with the front of the knee pain.
I have been wearing it everyday, and it really seems to be helping.