Wrist Pain From Gaming
While many outside the world of those who follow competitive gaming would laugh at the idea of a gamer getting injured, it is way more common than you would think. Gaming, also known as esports, is very popular. And get this, the top competitive gamers earn up to $6 million a year. Many U.S. universities are even offering scholarships to entice students to join their esports teams.
Smashing buttons, fast clicks, and precise movements with a mouse or joystick — the mechanical motions of playing video games are quick and repetitive.
Some of the most common injuries seen in both professional and casual gamers include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive wrist strain injury (RSI)
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Gamer wrist
- Muscle strain
The most prevalent and serious "gamer health issue" is carpal tunnel syndrome, developing from wrist overload and stress during gaming and PC work. Without proper rest, the median nerve may become irritated and inflamed, leading to carpal tunnel syndrome. The longer you play, the less chance you give your body to heal. We recommend gamers rest once an hour. At a minimum, every two hours, you should get up, stretch, and do some type of physical activity.
Gaming platforms that can contribute to wrist pain include:
- Consoles (Nintendo®, Xbox or PlayStation®)
- Personal computers (PC) or laptops
- Virtual reality (VR), although professional VR gaming hasn’t taken off, yet!
Do I Need a Gaming Wrist Brace?
A cock-up laced splint, like this Gaming Wrist Brace, wraps around your thumb and wrist in such a way that you have to keep your wrists in a neutral position, which lessens stress on your carpal tunnel and tendons. These can make a huge difference in how long you can play video games or work without pain.
Think you need gaming wrist support? Check out the symptoms below. If you’re suffering from any of these, we would strongly recommend bracing and resting. Wearing this ergonomic Gaming Wrist Brace can also help you avoid hand and wrist pain in the first place.
Symptoms of a gamer wrist injury generally include:
- Pain when gripping or clenching
- Swelling, warmth, and redness
- Soreness, aching, or tenderness in your hand, wrist, or forearm
If you regularly experience wrist pain during gaming, talk to your doctor. Especially if the pain continues for more than four or five days or interferes with your daily activities.
If you also get pain in your shoulders, common among Wii players, try our Posture Corrector. Be mindful when gaming for extended periods of time, as there can be negative health effects of sitting aside from wrist and shoulder pain.
Console, PC, and Laptop Gaming Accessories
To help mitigate pain, there are a variety of therapies, accessories, and devices that gamers can use in addition to our Gaming Wrist Brace. An ergonomic keyboard, mouse, monitor, desk, and chair can be extremely beneficial, especially for hardcore computer gamers and collegiate or professional esports athletes.
6 Reasons Why Gamers Love This Gaming Wrist Brace
This gaming wrist support brace is a great solution for many sources of wrist discomfort and pain. Plus, the low price tag is a bonus! Below, we've assembled a list of the top-rated features that set this esports wrist brace apart from others.
Ergonomic Aluminum Stays
A preshaped, aluminum palmer stay is anatomically formed to minimize wrist movement without restricting finger mobility and function, while the dorsal stay can be positioned as desired for optimum comfort and support. The malleable palmar stay on the right or left wrist brace is also removable, providing advanced flexibility while still delivering adequate wrist support.
Soft and Comfortable Construction
This pc gaming brace is made of a breathable, cottony soft, moisture-wicking liner and high-performance brushed nylon laminate exterior. All of the materials of this carpal tunnel syndrome forearm and wrist wrap are durable and high quality for extended wear.
Daytime or Nighttime Use
Designed for overnight or daytime use, this brace will keep your wrist immobile as you sleep, game, or work, speeding up your recovery. The breathable material keeps your hand and wrist cool and comfortable during long periods of use.
Lace-Up Cinch Closure
The fit of the gaming wrist support can be easily adjusted thanks to its dual lacing system. Simply pull the medical-grade fasteners for a tighter fit or loosen throughout the day or night, as needed.
One Size Fits Most
Universal sizes for either the right or left arm fit wrist circumferences ranging from 5 inches to 9 inches. Anatomically designed and made for high-quality material for enhanced durability and comfort.
Slip-on Application and Removal
Our user-friendly soft cast for gamers wrist, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more is quick and easy to slip on and off one-handed. Plus, its two adjustable straps allow you to easily customize the amount of compression for just the right fit.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Gaming Wrist Support
- What conditions/injuries does this wrist brace treat? This wrist splint is designed for gamers and computer workers suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive wrist strain injury (RSI), gamers wrist, arthritis, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, tendonitis, and soft tissue injuries.
- How does it work? The ergonomic gaming wrist support is specifically designed to restrict motion, holding your wrist in proper anatomical position for gamers suffering from hand and wrist conditions.
- Who can wear this brace? This wrist brace, available in a right or left version, fits a wide range of people, from adult men and women to older children. For younger children, check out our child-sized wrist splint.
- What size should I get? Using a soft, flexible tape measure, find the circumference of your wrist in inches and refer to our sizing chart above to select your size.
- When should I wear it? With the wrist splint’s comfortable design leaving your fingers free, it can be worn comfortably throughout the day and night for optimal healing.
- What is it made of? Made of durable and breathable polyester/nylon blended material lined with padded lycra, removable aluminum stays, plastic D-ring buckles, and hook and loop closures.
- How tall is this thumb splint? 8 inches tall, measuring from the top of thumb part to bottom of brace.
- How do I put it on? Loosen the wrist straps and undo the thumb strap. Carefully slide your hand through the splint. Tighten and secure straps. Pull diagonally to secure the thumb strap
- Washing Instructions: Remove palmer splint, attach fasteners, and hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow brace to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Available in a right or left version
- Contoured fit for comfortable, all-day wear
- Natural, non-invasive treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Keep your wrist immobile without limiting finger mobility.
- Easy, one-handed application, adjustment, and removal.
- Color: Black.
A+ in all regards. Buy it.
Initially I thought I had to order just 1 for my injured right wrist; however, it's taken longer than expected to heal. I ordered a second one without hesitation because of the quality workmanship. Well done.
Love this brace!
I had a shattered humerus and a damaged radial nerve. I wore this brace for about six months. It is very comfortable. I have 2 and am ordering another for my other hand for carpal tunnel. It stops my hand going constantly dead at night. I am a big girl. This brace will fit small arms as well as big. Love this brace!
Ordering was easy and received it quick!
Great Fit and Love it
I have been dealing with carpal tunnel for a while now and this really helps lessen the pain while playing
Just what I needed. Receive pain as ND gives comfort.