Elastic Back Brace for Sleeping and Daily Use
Constructed of premium-quality soft neoprene and elastic that contour to the shape of your body, this comfortable back support for sleeping provides a great, customized fit for anyone. This nighttime back brace is well suited for alleviating moderate to severe low-back pain, as well as muscle weakness, strain, or instability of the lumbar spine.
Adding to the benefits of this night support includes a pocket that can hold a gel-pack insert for heat or cold therapy (sold separately). This pocket can also hold a pressure pad for additional compression therapy (also sold separately). Heat and ice are great solutions to ease low back pain and reduce inflammation from injury or muscle strains.
The sleeping back support is closed via a contact closure, which means you will not need to excessively twist to secure the brace.
Comfortable Back Brace for Lumbar Pain
The lumbar spine is responsible for supporting the weight of your upper body, which is no easy task—especially when you throw in added stresses like poor posture, improper lifting, wearing high heels, twisting, and more. Not surprisingly, a number of people suffer each year from strains to the muscles of their lumbar spine, instability and other pain-causing injuries to their low-back.
The best approach for lower-back pain relief is typically a multi-faceted one that includes a limited period of rest, physical therapy to strengthen and improve the flexibility of the lumbar spine, education to promote good posture and form, and possibly wearing a brace for low-back support. In some cases, this might include the use of a nighttime compression brace, such as this.
Wearing a back brace at night can also prevent you from causing further damage while sleeping, addressing inflammation and encouraging healing while you rest.
Key Features and Benefits of This Nighttime Back Support Brace
This 9-inch tall, comfortable lumbar support is available in many sizes, fitting average to plus-size and obese men and women. The five best-rated features of this nighttime lumbar support include:
Made of Medical-Grade Elastic and Neoprene
The front and sides of this lumbar support belt are made of a premium elastic material, allowing the brace to stretch and conform to your body. The adjustable elastic material is durable enough for everyday activities, such as walking or exercising. The back side of the brace is composed of soft neoprene, which provides therapeutic warmth for soothing pain relief. This strong yet comfortable brace may also improve your posture by training your low-back muscles and spine to return to their natural alignment.
Holds a Cold / Hot Therapy Gel Pack or Foam Pressure Pad for Added Relief
Back panel has a pocket to hold either a hot or cold therapy gel pack or a pressure pad for added compression (both sold separately). The cooling or heating gel pack helps alleviate symptoms of chronic lower back pain, pulled muscle soreness, post-surgical recovery, arthritis of the spine, swelling, tears, stiffness, spasms, strains, bulging discs, herniated discs, hip pain and more.
Wearing a foam pad with your back brace helps to better stabilize and bring more pressure to the painful area. Providing additional compression and pressure improves blood flow and stimulates tissue repair for comfortable and speedy back-pain relief.
When should you use hot vs. cold therapy?
Cold treatment reduces inflammation by decreasing blood flow. Ice eases discomfort from acute injuries, sprains or strains, muscle soreness, spasms, and swelling. Apply within 48 hours after an injury. Hot therapy promotes blood flow and helps muscles relax. Use for chronic pain, cramping, stiffness, backaches, and arthritis.
Double-Pull Tension Straps Provide Extra Compression and Support
This back support brace features double-pull elastic tension straps in front for additional compression. This compression helps reduce your body’s load on your spine’s lower discs. Easily adjust the straps on by yourself by pulling them out and away from your body until you reach the amount of compression you desire, then wrap around and secure the fasteners. Readjust throughout the day you transition from sitting to standing or vice versa. Most people can apply this waist belt by themselves, without any assistance.
Plus Sizes Available
Perhaps one of the best features of this lumbar belt is that it fits a wide range of small to large individuals. You no longer have to be frustrated in finding a size that’s large enough for your specific body shape. This neoprene back support fits belly button circumferences up to 80 inches. If you’re looking for a smaller size, check out our large selection of back support belts to find the perfect brace for you!
Wear This Back Brace While Sleeping or Throughout the Daytime
People with aching lower backs have it rough—they often need to purchase two separate braces for daytime and nighttime support. This brace is specifically designed to ease lumbar back pain throughout the day or night, making it the perfect, all-in-one solution.
Should I wear a back brace to bed?
Speak with a medical professional before wearing any brace for an extended amount of time. It’s possible for you to wear a back brace 24/7 if advised by your doctor. If you have pain and discomfort when lying down, try wearing your back brace. If you’re uncomfortable lying down with your brace on, sleep without it. Comfortably sleep in this support thanks to its stretchy and gentle material!
Frequently Asked Questions About This Sleeping Back Brace
- What conditions / injuries does this brace treat? This back brace for sleeping can help alleviate lower back pain, muscle strains, tears, or pulls, bulging discs, herniated discs, scoliosis, sciatica, spondylolisthesis, and hip pain. It helps morbidly obese individuals suffering from excess pain in their lumbar spine.
- How does it work? This comfortable lumbar support is specifically designed to provide superior lower back and abdominal support, easing mild to chronic back pain.
- When should I wear it? Thanks to the lightweight, latex-free material it's possible for you to wear this brace 24/7 if advised by your doctor. You can sleep in this brace due to its comfortable material. Speak with a medical professional before wearing any brace for an extended amount of time.
- What is it made of? Made of medical-grade elastic and neoprene back panel with nylon hook and loop fasteners. All components are latex-free.
- Who can wear this brace? Men and women of all ages can benefit from this lower back belt. A pregnant woman can even wear this support so long as her belly does not take her past the size limit and her doctor approves. We also offer maternity support binders.
- What size should I buy? Using a soft, flexible tape measure, find the circumference around your belly button, in inches. This obese medical support accommodates large waists and fits wide belly button circumferences up to 86 inches.
- How do I put it on? Unhook all closures and lay the brace flat on the floor to identify the top side. The top has a pocket opening, which allows you to insert our compatible pressure pad or cold and hot therapy gel pack. Position the brace behind your body so it’s centered on your back with the bottom of the brace sitting at the widest part of your hips. Fold the left side of the brace towards the middle of your stomach. Do the same with the right side but pull firmly and secure the closure. Repeat this process with the double-pull tension straps for your desired compression level.
- How do I adjust the brace? Grab the double-pull tension straps (located on the outside of the brace) and adjust them to make it either tighter or looser.
- How tall is this brace? The brace tapers from 9 inches tall in the back to 6 inches tall in the front.
- Washing Instructions: First, remove pressure pad or cold / hot therapy gel pack, if applicable. Hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Flexible and comfortable, making it ideal for bedtime.
- Unisex brace fits average to overweight or morbidly obese men and women.
- Provided compression stimulates healing, reducing inflammation.
- Color: Black
Back brace is disappointing
It is not comfortable enough to sleep in as advertised.
Sleeping Back Brace
I was awakening with terrible pain in my lower back. Since I started sleeping with this brace, there has been significant improvement.
Sleeping back brace
Not good…rolls up
Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear the brace didn't meet your expectations. This brace doesn't have any stays that may be helpful in not rolling up. Sometimes the shape of the body would benefit from a little more support (stays). If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to call our Customer Care Team at 866-712-7808 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.
waiting for return
Back Pain while sleeping
The brace supports my back while sleeping. I wake up with less back pain.