Turf Toe Treatment Brace: Top 5 Features and Benefits
Adjustable, Universal Fit
This splint is available in a wide range of sizes for adult men and women. On top of that, the brace features adjustable straps to ensure you can personalize the amount of compression and support you’re receiving. You can also adjust the turf toe treatment brace for use on either the right or left foot. Perfect to use repeatedly over time!
Constructed of Soft and Comfortable Materials
It doesn’t take an uncomfortable, rigid splint to fix or relieve your pain. Made of soft, breathable cloth, wear our turf toe brace throughout the day or overnight. Compression will reduce inflammation and provide soothing warmth. This soft turf toe brace is the perfect option if you’re tired of using a rigid plastic splint or sticky tape.
Cost-Effective Replacement for Taping
Taping is a common fix for turf toe relief, but the tape can be hard to apply, can only be used once, and leaves an uncomfortable, sticky residue behind. Unlike turf toe taping, the big toe splint is reusable, designed of soft, comfortable materials, and discreet enough to be worn with different shoes. So throw out the tape and use this reusable brace for the best, most effective big toe pain relief.
Designed Specifically for Turf Toe Pain Relief
Unlike other bunion braces that claim to help, our wrap is designed specifically for turf toe treatment. The wraparound turf toe brace will help relieve a variety of pain caused by metatarsophalangeal joint sprains, such as:
- Turf toe
- Sprains in the big toe
- Hyperextended big toe
- Big toe joint pain
Speak with your doctor or medical professional to ensure this brace is the right choice for your injury, pain, or condition. For example, try out the Bunion Corrector Brace if you’re looking for bunion relief.
All-Day Protection and Support
The big toe brace is perfect for a range of activities. The turf toe wrap, made of lightweight and breathable materials, provides effective support for your affected toe and foot while allowing for a flexible range of motion. Wear the turf toe splint barefoot or discreetly with a sock and shoes over the top while walking, working, sleeping, or relaxing throughout the day.
How Does This Big Toe Straightener Work?
Applying this brace is as simple as wrapping the flexible splint around the arch of your foot and your big toe. The supportive splint holds your big toe in the correct position and alignment, helping treat crooked toes and other turf-toe-related pain. In addition, the durable straps help keep your foot in place, even while you’re up and active. This brace holds your toe in position and applies soothing compression to your foot and toe, reducing inflammation and improving blood circulation, helping with big toe joint pain.
What Does a Sprained Big Toe Look Like?
A sprain occurs when a ligament in your big toe becomes torn or stretched, known as metatarsophalangeal joint sprains. A sprain affects the ligament in your toe, while a broken toe affects your bone. Sprains in the big toe cause symptoms such as tenderness, swelling, bruising, joint instability, and trouble moving. Toe sprains result from hyperextension of your toe, which extends the joints beyond the natural range of motion, resulting in turf toe. Most commonly, you’ll know you’ve sprained your big toe based solely on the pain. However, in some cases, you’ll get visual confirmation of the sprain, resulting in an inability to bend your big toe downward.
Turf Toe vs Sprained Toe: What’s The Difference?
Not only is toe and foot pain uncomfortable, but it can also significantly impact your everyday life and ability to complete daily activities. The more you know about your big toe condition, the easier it will be to find the best recovery and healing process. Sprains and turf toe are common conditions that can cause severe pain, swelling, and aches in your big toe joints. When a sprain occurs in the big toe, it results in turf toe, also known as a metatarsophalangeal joint sprain.
What is Turf Toe?
Bending your big toe too far toward the top of your foot will result in turf toe. Turf toe is a metatarsophalangeal joint sprain, meaning at least one of your joints connecting your toe to the rest of your foot has been strained or injured. The strain or injury is likely to occur while playing sports, working out, running, or working. Treatment will depend on the severity, but for instant relief, you should practice the RICE method and allow time off of your foot to fully recover. In addition, a protective splint, such as this turf toe support, can be worn to help prevent further injury and hold your big toe in the correct healing position.
What Does a Sprained Big Toe Look Like?
A sprain occurs when a ligament in your big toe becomes torn or stretched, known as metatarsophalangeal joint sprains. A sprain affects the ligament in your toe, while a broken toe affects your bone. Sprains in the big toe cause symptoms such as tenderness, swelling, bruising, joint instability, and trouble moving. Toe sprains are caused by the hyperextension of your toe, which extends the joints beyond the natural range of motion, which results in turf toe. Most commonly, you’ll know you’ve sprained your big toe based solely on the pain. However, in some cases, you’ll get visual confirmation of the sprain, resulting in an inability to bend your big toe downward.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Sprained Big Toe Splint
- What conditions / injuries does this support treat? For example, use to help treat and manage big toe pain caused by turf toe, sprains, joint pain, and hyperextension.
- Who can wear it? Sizes available to fit most adult men and women with big toe pain.
- How do I know what size to get? First, refer to the sizing chart pictured above to find your size.
- What is it made of? Soft knit wrap, neoprene heel pad, and nylon hook and loop fasteners. All components are latex free.
- When should I wear it? Wear according to your injury or condition. This brace can be worn during the day or overnight while sleeping.
- How do I put it on? Undo all fasteners and lay brace flat. Place injured big toe inside the toe sleeve. Secure the toe strap by wrapping it across the top of the big toe and fasten. Wrap the top of the toe strap under the big toe and fasten. Pull straps until secure and wrap left side to the front of the foot. Wrap right strap over left strap and fasten.
- How does it work? This wrap offers soothing compression and supportive straps to hold your toe and foot in the correct position to help treat and manage foot and big toe pain.
- Washing instructions: Machine wash brace in warm water with mild detergent. Allow brace to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Use interchangeably on the right or left foot
- Comfortable pain relief day or night
- Wear discreetly inside socks and shoes
- Color: Black.