The Ultimate Thumb Spica Splint for De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
Discover relief from De Quervain's tenosynovitis with our advanced Cock-Up Wrist & Thumb Splint. Designed to effectively alleviate the pain associated with this condition, our splint offers targeted immobilization and protection. An ergonomic aluminum metal stay provides precise wrist contouring, ensuring unparalleled support. For those seeking a more flexible fit, the removable stay offers an option for customization while maintaining immobilization integrity. Invest in a solution that offers targeted relief and promotes healing. Reclaim control over your daily activities with our Thumb Spica Splint for De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis.
Experience the Next Level of Comfort and Support with Our Wrist and Thumb Tendonitis Brace
If you’re looking for the ultimate stabilizer and immobilizer for wrist, hand, or thumb pain relief, look no further than this spica splint. Keep reading to discover the top reasons this supportive brace stands out among competitors.
Specialized Design for Effective Immobilization
Crafted with precision, our spica splint features a specialized design tailored for impeccable immobilization. Whether you're contending with wrist strain, thumb pain, or hand discomfort, this brace offers the targeted support you need. Its ergonomic construction ensures a secure fit that restricts unwanted movement, allowing strained tendons and inflamed areas to rest and heal.
Adjustable Ergonomic Aluminum Thumb and Wrist Splints
Every recovery journey is unique, which is why our brace includes removable wrist and thumb stays. This feature allows you to tailor the level of stabilization to your comfort and healing needs, by adding or removing the metal stays as needed throughout your recovery process.&
Tailored for Full Thumb, Wrist, and Hand Support
Experience the versatility of our design that not only immobilizes the metacarpophalangeal (MP) joint but also secures the carpometacarpal (CMC) saddle joint, situated between your thumb and index finger. This innovative construction not only supports your wrist but extends its benefits to address an array of conditions, beyond the realm of De Quervain’s tenosynovitis.
Supports Natural Healing During Recovery
Healing isn't just about the initial pain relief; it's about the full restoration of your injured thumb or wrist. Our spica splint embraces this by promoting full, natural healing during recovery. By restricting unnecessary movement through comfortable immobilization and providing soothing compression, the spica splint allows your body to initiate healing. This encourages the repair of damaged tissues and tendons, while also aiding in the prevention of further strain.
Your Guide to Understanding De Quervain's Tenosynovitis: Symptoms and Causes
De Quervain's tenosynovitis affects the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist, causing pain and swelling. Our brace aids in reducing discomfort when performing everyday tasks involving wrist and hand movement. Whether caused by chronic overuse, repetitive motions, injuries, or inflammatory arthritis, our solution provides relief and support.
Common De Quervain's Symptoms
Curious if your thumb pain is tenosynovitis? Here are the common signs and symptoms to look out for:
- Pain near the base of your thumb
- Difficulty moving your wrist and thumb
- The sensation of thumb “getting stuck”
- Swelling at the base of the thumb
Early detection of this condition can make for a much faster and less painful recovery. If you’re experiencing one or more of these symptoms, it may be time to seek relief. Reach out to your medical professional to make the right decision for you!
Tenosynovitis vs Tendonitis: What’s The Difference?
Tenosynovitis and tendonitis are both very similar conditions with similar symptoms that affect your tendons, which can make the two easy to confuse with one another. Both issues are caused by inflammation, but the difference between the two is where the inflammation is occurring.
Tenosynovitis is inflammation of the protective membrane that surrounds your tendons. It can be painful and make it hard to move your joints like you usually can. Meanwhile, tendonitis is the swelling and inflammation of the actual tendons themselves. Luckily, this immobilizing splint for the wrist and thumb is a great relief for both tenosynovitis and tendonitis pain.
Taking on De Quervain's Tenosynovitis: Tips and Support
For effective De Quervain's tenosynovitis treatment, follow the RICE protocol: rest, ice, compress, and elevate. Our wrist and thumb brace not only facilitates rest but also aids in compression during the recovery process. The orthopedic forearm splint with thumb abduction stabilizes the MP and CMC joints, offering relief from wrist pain on the thumb side. Adjustable fastener straps ensure targeted compression for both the wrist and thumb areas. For additional compression, consider taping, or using a sleeve, or wrist wrap.
As always, we recommend consulting a medical professional for personalized treatment plans tailored to your needs and injury.
Versatile Relief for Various Wrist, Hand, and Thumb Conditions
Our thumb stabilizer isn't limited to De Quervain's tenosynovitis; it also offers comfort for several thumb and wrist injuries, including:
- Wrist or Thumb Tendonitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sprains or Strains
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Post-Arm Fracture Cast Removal
Why Choose Our Thumb Tendonitis Brace?
Improved Design for Superior Quality and Fit
Based on valuable customer feedback, we revamped this product in March 2019, enhancing comfort and fit. Medical-grade fasteners make it significantly more durable than standard over-the-counter braces in retail stores.
Lightweight and Breathable Comfort
Our comfortable wrist and thumb spica splint boasts a lightweight, breathable design for day and night use. It allows normal finger movement and grasping motions, aiding in healing. The fifth MP joint contouring offers flexibility, and the removable splints ensure proper anatomical positioning.
Removable Splints for Tailored Treatment
The two removable aluminum splints prevent re-injury and hasten recovery by immobilizing the thumb and wrist correctly. Adjust them according to your treatment requirements.
Gentle and Natural Immobilization
When you wear our brace, your wrist, hand, and thumb will receive subtle and intuitive immobilization. This isn't an uncomfortably rigid restraint; but instead, the brace guides for your joints into a position that encourages healing. Whether you're dealing with De Quervain's tenosynovitis, wrist tendonitis, or other related issues, the wrist support is a partner in your recovery journey, providing the stability required for your natural healing benefits.
FAQs about This Wrist Support for Tendonitis:
- What conditions / injuries does this support treat? This wrist and thumb splint is designed for patients suffering from De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, mommy’s thumb, arthritis, sprained or strained thumbs or wrists, rhizarthrosis, soft tissue injuries, after broken wrist cast removal, and more.
- How does it work? The thumb spica splint restricts wrist and thumb motion for patients suffering from thumb, hand, and wrist conditions to promote healthy healing and safe recovery.
- Who can wear it? The adjustable wrist splint is available in a wide range of sizes, perfect for teen to adult men and women.
- When should I wear it? With the wrist splint’s comfortable design leaving your fingers free, it can be worn comfortably throughout the day and night for optimal healing.
- What size should I get? To find your size, measure using a flexible measuring tape and refer to the sizing chart pictured in the product images.
- What is it made of? This spica splint is made of a durable and breathable polyester/nylon blended material lined with padded lycra, removable aluminum stays, plastic D-ring buckles, and hook and loop closures.
- How do I put it on? Loosen the wrist straps and undo the thumb strap. Carefully slide your hand through the splint. Tighten and secure straps. If they are too long, the wrist straps are trimmable (non-returnable once trimmed). Pull diagonally to secure the thumb strap.
- How tall is this support? Sizes XS and S are 8 ½ inches tall, measuring from top of thumb part to bottom of brace. Sizes M and L are 9 ½ inches, measuring from top of thumb part to bottom of brace.
- Washing instructions: Remove the stays and hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Allow the brace to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Available in right or left version
- Breathable padded fabric for comfortable wear
- Trimmable wristbands for sleek fit (non-refundable once trimmed)
- Color: Black.
The Brace is the one I needed for my injury.It is comfortable and in the healing process it keeps from further injury.Thanks.
Best brace yet!
Got this brace foe my wife who has De Quervain's in her wrist. This brace fits better and has better support than the brace used by the specialists office.
thumb and wrist splint
I have DeQuervain's tenosynovitis and I've been instructed to use these splints when exercising and performing tasks. I also use them for driving when I have to go some distance. These splints work great and relieve my pain and help to prevent further pain.
Could not be happier
Excellent overall experience