Orthopedic Tall Walking Boot with Inflatable Air Pump
Looking for a medical-grade, orthopedic walking boot that will not break the bank? Look no further.
This air cast boot offers mobility, protection, and support for daily activities while recovering from a variety of foot and ankle injuries or pain caused by:
- Sprained ankle
- Stress fracture
- Postoperative use
- Metatarsal fracture
- Lisfranc injuries
- Broken foot
- Achilles tendonitis
Tall vs. Short Orthopedic Boots: What’s the Difference?
Tall walking boots are usually for more severe sprains and stress fractures of the lower leg, foot, or ankle. They allow for much more immobilization and support than shorter medical boots. Short CAM walker boots are less supportive but still help stabilize your foot after a toe fracture, postoperative foot surgery, or a mild forefoot or ankle sprain.
If you are 6-foot tall or taller, you should always opt for a tall walking boot. Short boots will not provide adequate support or protection for long legs.
Why Choose a Pneumatic vs. Non-Air Medical Boot
Not sure what type of walking boot is right for you? Our pneumatic walker boots inflate with special hand air pumps to provide personalized compression, reduce swelling, and provide more foot stability after an injury. Non-air CAM boots still provide quite a bit of stability, are adjustable, and can provide the right amount of support, especially if you are just suffering from slight heel pain or just had bunion surgery.
Healing benefits of this tall air boot include:
- The air forms around the shape of your foot for optimal comfort and fit.
- When using the air pump, you can easily adjust the amount of compression. After all, too much compression to a swollen foot can be counterproductive.
- Air helps break your pain cycle by reducing inflammation and swelling.
- Multiple air bladders that have a massaging effect on your foot every time you take a step.
6 Advantages of This Pneumatic Walking Boot for Broken Ankle
Innovative Air Cell Technology
Possibly the best feature of this boot is its air pump. Once inflated, the air chambers help keep your leg properly positioned within the brace for enhanced stability and fit, as well as personalized compression. To inflate the air bladders and increase pressure, push the red bulb (handpump) until you reach your desired compression level. To deflate, push the black button under the bulb.
Low-Profile Polymer Shell
The majority of walking boots for sale are made out of plastic and metal struts. However, this walking boot shell is constructed entirely out of a polymer material. Although it looks similar to standard plastic, polymer is a very strong and high-tech, yet surprisingly lightweight form of plastic.
This non-weight bearing boot has a relatively low-profile fit when compared to other boots for broken metatarsal bones and other foot injuries. The design improves your mobility throughout the day. It is also universal, allowing you to wear this recovery boot interchangeably on your right or left foot.
Wide Footbed and Open Toe Design
This foot boot for broken toes, ankles sprains, and more leaves your toe area open. This advanced feature is convenient for accessing bandaging and improving the breathability of this toe fracture boot.
Similarly, the wide footbed of this boot is also a valuable feature. After sustaining a foot or toe injury, you’ll probably experience some swelling and your injury might need bandaging. This walking shoe allows extra room for swelling, bandaging, and thick socks. After your swelling has subsided, you can adjust the liner, straps, and air pump to tighten your fit.
Deluxe Foam Interior
This boot for fractured toes and other injuries is lined with a deluxe foam material that is soft and squishy against your skin.
Plus, to eliminate any discomfort you might experience as you move throughout the day, extra foam pads are also included with your purchase. These soft pads can be placed anywhere within your boot to help prevent discomfort from pressure points, gaps, rubbing, or chafing against your skin.
Natural Rocker Bottom Sole
The curved bottom of this fractured toe boot promotes a smooth gait (stride) that is more energy-efficient. Meaning that unlike some broken foot splints, this one will not cause a hitch in your step that can lead to other problems, such as hip or back pain. Plus, the arching rocker design of this shoe boot helps reduce impact and plantar pressures.
Another outstanding feature of this post-surgical boot is that the fastener straps are much stronger than most. That is because these are medical-grade straps, which are 10 times stronger than the retail-grade fasteners you’ll find on braces at Target, Walmart, or your local drugstore. Medical-grade fasteners are meant to open and close 900 times, unlike retail-grade fasteners, which are only meant to open and close 90 times.
Evenup Shoe Lift Balancer for Walking Boot
Avoid further injury—preventing knee, hip, and back pain—due to leg length discrepancy when wearing a walking boot with the Evenup Shoe Balancer. The Evenup is the easy way to “even up” leg length from your hip to the sole of your foot, making walking with a boot safe and pain-free.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Tall CAM Walker Boot
- What conditions / injuries does this boot treat? It’s great for use after surgery or toe, foot, and ankle injury treatment, including stress fractures, torn foot ligaments, sprains, strains, bruised foot bones, metatarsal fractures, ankle arthritis, ankle breaks, lisfranc injuries, Achilles tendon tears, and more.
- How does it work? Designed to provide mobility, protection, and support for day-to-day activities while immobilizing your toes, foot, ankle, and lower leg.
- Who can wear this brace? It comes in a range of sizes, fitting a wide variety of adult men and women, as well as some teenagers and kids.
- What size should I get? To choose your size, view our sizing graphic in the images above. This walking boot is universal, so it will fit your right or left foot.
- When should I wear it? Use anytime your toe, foot, or ankle needs to be immobilized. It can be worn throughout the day for support. Ask your doctor before wearing this boot while sleeping.
- What is it made of? This brace is made out of a polymer plastic shell, as well as deluxe foam lining.
- How tall is this walking boot for a broken foot?
- S is 14.5 inches tall
- M is 16 inches tall
- L is 16 inches tall
- How do I put it on? With all closures open, place your foot inside the boot liner, making sure to slide your heel to the back of the boot. Close the liner, starting near your toes and working up towards your lower leg. Fasten the straps tightly, working toe up. Attach extra foam pads to the liner anywhere you feel pressure or gaps. Then, inflate the air cell pressure, pushing the red bulb until you reach the necessary compression. To deflate, push the black button under the bulb and the pressure will decrease.
- Washing instructions: Handwash all components in warm water with mild soap, allowing it to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Natural, non-invasive fix for many sources of foot and ankle pain
- Easy to put on, take off and adjust
- Extra pads are included with your purchase for added comfort
- Color: Black.
- Max recommended body weight: 350 pounds. However, please note that our testing has indicated it may be able to withstand more weight.
- S weighs 2 pounds 5 ounces
- M weighs 2 pounds 12 ounces
- L weighs 2 pounds 15 ounces
My new boot
My new boot is very comfortable, much more comfortable than the Flat bottom generic boots given to me by my doctor. I really appreciate the rocker bottom on my new boot, and the air system also seems better. I;m really hoping that this Boot holds up.
It was great! We were on vacation in Beach Haven, NJ and my husband ended up needing a brace for his leg unexpectedly. You were able to get me exactly what we needed and overnight as well!
Tall walking boot
Fantastic!! The boot fits better than the one I was sent home from the hospital with …. Light, easy to get on and off and seems super durable! So happy I ordered it!!