Evenup Shoe Lift Balancer for Walking Boot
Suffering from knee, hip, or back pain due to an orthopedic walking boot, post-op medical shoe, or cast? Do you have a leg length discrepancy due to a recent hip replacement surgery? Evenup is the solution! Walk without a limp and in your own comfortable shoes. Evenup is the easy way to “even up” leg length from your hip to the sole of your foot, making walking a pain-free breeze.
Are you purchasing or have you already purchased a walker boot for broken foot treatment or a medical walking shoe? To avoid further injury, the Evenup shoe lift is an excellent accessory to pair with our wide selection of walking boots or post-op shoes.
Leg Length Discrepancy Due to Hip Replacement Surgery
Evenup is an orthotic shoe lift that is used for compensating temporary leg length differences. Leg length discrepancy is a common complaint after hip replacement surgery. While surgeons try to leave patients with an equal leg length, there are times when leg lengths may turn out to be different after hip replacement surgery. This can lead to back pain and discomfort. Fortunately, the Evenup shoe elevator can easily correct this situation without the need for costly orthopedic shoe levers, insoles for extra height, or heel lift inserts.
Key Features and Benefits of This Evenup Shoe Leveler
Evenup height is adjustable, offering varying thicknesses: 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, and 1 1/4 inches. Simply remove the top layer(s) for just a lesser boost, as opposed to the full 1 1/4-inch lift. Evenup is the easy way to "even up" leg length.
Improves Uneven Gait and Balance
Some people just cannot tolerate even a small leg length difference from wearing a fracture boot. The Evenup orthotic shoe balancer solves this issue for them and you! Evenup easily attaches to your laced shoe on your non-affected limb for improved balance, gait, and reduced body strain. Evenup's specially designed rubber and hook and loop straps hold it in place on your shoe. It also includes a 2 layer non-skid, rubber outsole.
Prevent Knee, Hip, and Back Pain
While a teeny-tiny variance in leg length may not provoke any symptoms, a significant difference can cause a noticeable limp often resulting in knee, hip, and/or back pain due to an uneven gait when walking. Other complications can include a herniated disc, sacroiliac malalignment, sciatica, functional scoliosis, lumbar facet syndrome, and degenerative joint disease, especially on the longer side. The Evenup shoe lift helps prevent and reduce body strain and injuries before they occur by keeping your knees and hips level.
Designed and Tested by Two Experienced Podiatrists
It was created by two podiatrists in Florida, after hearing complaints from patients wearing a fracture boot. The patients were experiencing pain caused by an uneven gait when walking with an orthotic walking boot or wound care shoe after foot surgery.
A couple of recent studies showed that wearing the Evenup device causes the patient’s gait to more closely resemble normal walking speed. It also revealed that it may improve compliance in patients using an Aircast pneumatic ankle boot or CAM walker due to noticed comfort and stability improvements.
Fits Either Foot
The Evenup shoe balancer can be worn on your right or left foot.
Compatible with Most Laced Shoes
Wear with a laced shoe such a causal sneaker, athletic tennis shoe, dress shoe, or boot. When first applying, check that the sole fits securely, otherwise you could slip.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Shoe Lift for Uneven Legs
- What conditions/injuries does it treat? The Evenup Orthotic Shoe Lift helps prevent knee, hip, and back pain caused by uneven gait when walking with an orthotic walking boot, plaster cast, wound care shoe, or uneven leg lengths due to hip replacement surgery.
- How does it work? Adds 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, or 1 1/4 inches to compensate for a shorter limb length when wearing a medical walking shoe, below-knee cast, or fracture boot.
- When should I wear it? Wear throughout the day for temporary pelvic misalignment caused by the use of orthosis or plaster cast. This Evenup can be damaged by unintended or inappropriate use, by activities including sports, falls, other accidents, and liquids. Avoid walking on soft or uneven ground such as sand, gravel, or grass while wearing your Evenup.
- What is it made of? EVA foam insole, elastic TPE (thermoplastic rubber) strapping, and nylon strap with hook and loop fastener and steel buckle.
- Who can wear this brace? Adult men and women, as well as some older kids.
- What size should I buy? Refer to our sizing chart to select your size. Note that it is generally best to choose an Evenup a little too small rather than a little too big. This means if your shoe measurement is between two of the measurements, it is best to go with the smaller size.
- How do I put it on? Put on your Evenup Orthotic Shoe Lift while sitting down. Place your good foot over your opposite knee. Place the front portion of the Evenup strap over the toes of your shoe. Pull the elastic rubber straps toward the heel of your shoe and adjust the side straps over the sole of your shoe. Pull up the heel tab to securely fasten to the sole of the shoe. Make sure the Evenup name is facing out! Utilize the fastener strap provided to securely fasten the Evenup to your shoe. Place the strap through the loop and around the thicker band.
- How tall is this shoe lift? Adjustable height offers a 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, or 1 1/4 inch lift.
- Washing Instructions: Wipe clean with mild soap or disinfectant and wipe dry.
- Other features:
- Non-skid, rubber outsole
- Patented design
- Adjustable height
- Color: Black
It worked very well in avoiding hip and back problems from being unequal, have to be careful to lift your foot higher,and watching to not catch toe rubber and cause one to fall.
Like the previous purchase the medium size is too short. The large size is too long. You should offer half sizes such as 81/2 and 9 1/2.
Thanks for your feedback and these are designed to fit a range of sizes (since not all shoe sizes are actually the same size). We have passed your comments to our Design Team though as they appreciate knowing what our customers are saying about our products.
I can’t use it because it is too small to wear with a shoe.
did what I needed it to do
So far it has worked wonders and taken the strain off my lower back and hip