Disc Unloader Brace
This disc unloader spine brace was designed by a leading physiatrist with the aim of relieving chronic or acute pain in the back. This can help with a number of back conditions and injuries, including the following.
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated disc
- Stable non-displaced spinal fractures of the lumbar spine (L2-L5)
- Discogenic disc disease
- Chronic or acute back pain
- Facet syndrome
- Lumbosacral spine weakness
- Post-surgical stabilization
This versatile spinal stenosis back brace works by shifting pressure from the lumbar discs to the abdominal region. But the lumbar spine is not the only region this stenosis back brace supports; it stretches from the sacrococcygeal junction all the way up to the ninth thoracic vertebra (T9).
The modular design of this lumbosacral belt helps ease intra-disc pressure via circumferential compression.
The brace for spondylolisthesis treatment and more also includes an extended anterior panel for additional support to the abdomen to help if one has a pendulous abdomen (when the muscular of the abdomen have greatly relaxed and sag toward the pubic region) or if one wants additional abdominal or torso support.
The rigid anterior (front) and posterior (back) plastic panels of this brace are durable and impact-resistant as well as lightweight. Behind the back panel, you can insert a large ice pack or gel pack for hot or cold therapy—a common component of back pain treatment. One 9" x 11" hot / cold gel pack is included with this brace. Extra gel packs are available for purchase. It's always beneficial to have extra gel packs so you always have a frozen pack on hand when switching out gel packs.
The sciatica back pain brace is made of soft, breathable material that is also lightweight. BraceAbility offers several braces for sciatica treatment.
The brace can easily be secured via elastic double pull and contact closures. These are located at the front of the brace for easy access.
Back Brace for Sciatica, Spinal Stenosis & Spondylolisthesis
As the lower back is responsible for supporting the entire weight of the body, it should come as no surprise this can take up a toll on the structures that make up that area of the body—fracturing vertebra, causing discs to bulge, narrowing space in the spine, pressuring the nerves in the area, etc. And as you might imagine, some of these occurrences can lead to additional pain-causing conditions and complications. For more options, check out BraceAbility’s braces for a back problem and injury treatment
Wearing a lumbosacral spine orthotic can help reduce pressure on the spine, stopping or slowing the escalation of problems and even allowing healing to take place in some cases. Physical therapy to strengthen and improve the flexibility of one’s core can also help diminish back problems.
In the event that the back injury is not one where healing takes place, like spondylolisthesis, and surgery is necessary, this lumbosacral spine brace is also an ideal post-operative support. In such cases, its capacity to hold ice and heat gel packs are especially a bonus.
The front closures of the brace means one does not have to strain to apply it. And the countered plastic inserts are comfortable, as is the breathable, soft material of which the low- and mid-back brace is composed.
Features of This Spinal Stenosis Back Brace
This back brace for stenosis, sciatica, fractures and more have a number of features that make them well suited for treatment of an array of back injuries and conditions. Some of these include:
- Supports the back from the SC junction to the T9 vertebra
- Treats chronic or acute back pain, discogenic disc disease, spinal stenosis, herniated disc, stable, non-displaced spinal fractures of L2-L5, radiculopathy, sciatica, spondylolisthesis, facet syndrome, weakness of the lumbosacral spine
- Modular design unloads pressure from the lumbar spine
- Reduces intradiscal pressure with circumferential compression
- 9 3/4" tall anterior (front) panel provides support to the abdomen.
- 15 1/4" tall posterior (back) panel supports the sacral region, lower lumbar spine, and mid-spine.
- Panels are made of contoured, rigid ABS plastic
- The back panel can hold one large 9" x 11" gel pack (included) for heat or cold therapy (Extra gel packs can be purchased here.)
- Soft, breathable material
- Elastic double pull and contact closures
- Available in eight sizes (including bariatric) that fit belly button circumferences 27” to 68”
- Weight: Small weighs 2 pounds 14 ounces, Medium weighs 3 pounds 3 ounces, Large weighs 3 pounds 4 ounces, XL weighs 3 pounds 5 ounces, 2XL weighs 3 pounds 5 ounces, 3XL weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces, 4XL weighs 3 pounds 7 ounces.
It's easy to put on, and gave me complete relief with a few minutes.
It will do for now.
Like all other braces that I have bought, the sizes run small. Glad I got the XL because it is really a L. I would have ordered 2XL if they had it. I sure wish I could find a brace that is cooler to wear since I live in the desert. I won't be wearing this one until winter because the material is way too hot to even wear indoors.
Aspen VS Braceability
Works well, in fact gives equal support as my prescription LSO brace(Aspen), which if purchased without insurance costs $1500! The shortcoming of your brace is the strength required to put it on. I need my husband's assistance for your brace, but not with the Aspen. However, Aspen is not equipped with the hot/cold pack-a real bonus.Lynn
LSO & spinal stenosis back brace
It was heavy to wear and had to take it off to go to bathroom. It did help with back pain & posture. So overall l will wear it a few hours a day.
Great. Fits nicely. Received in a timely manner