Our Why: The Mission Behind This Inguinal Hernia Belt
While many inguinal hernia supports exist on the market today, the products that do exist lack in comfort, fit, and versatility. While inguinal, groin, testicular, and scrotal hernias may be uncomfortable and difficult to discuss, they are much more common than you might think. About one in four men develop a hernia at some point in life. Inguinal hernias are up to 10 times more common in men than in women. For these reasons, we have made it our mission to create a supportive, effective, and comfortable inguinal hernia truss.
After months of research, development, and testing, we are beyond excited to introduce a limited quantity of our brand new inguinal hernia belt. These groin support braces were created in-house, by our dedicated Product Development team.
How Does the Inguinal Hernia Support Truss Work?
A hernia truss is a supportive undergarment designed to keep the protruding tissue in place and relieve discomfort. If you have an inguinal hernia, a hernia truss can help you feel more comfortable temporarily. It is not a permanent solution, but it helps a great deal in coping with the pain. Official treatment will most likely require surgery.
Unlike hernia briefs for men, this is the perfect solution to heal left side, right side, or double (bilateral) inguinal hernias among males and females. The belt includes adjustable tension straps with two pad pockets and six compression pads in total. The combination of tension straps and compression padding helps press on the hernia to hold it in place. If you only have a single inguinal hernia, easily remove the tension strap with pad pocket from the non-hernia side.
It is made of medical-grade materials and is comfortable enough to wear under your pants and for long periods of time. The straps are fully adjustable for customizable compression and support.
What is an Inguinal or “Groin” Hernia?
An inguinal hernia occurs when a small part of the intestine protrudes through a weak point or tear in the abdominal muscles.
Inguinal Hernia Symptoms
The intestine can form a painful bulge in the pubic or groin area that can appear to increase in size, especially when you cough, bend over, or lift a heavy object.
Other signs and symptoms may include:
- pain when exercising
- burning sensations
- sharp pain
- a heavy or full sensation in the groin
- swelling of the scrotum in men
Direct vs. Indirect Inguinal Hernia
There are two kinds of inguinal hernias. Direct inguinal hernias most often occur in adults as they age. This type of hernia is nine times more common in men than in women. Indirect inguinal hernias usually occur among infants, and the rate is even higher in premature babies. An indirect (congenital) hernia may be most noticeable when the baby is crying.
Femoral Hernia: What’s the Difference?
Though located in a very similar region of the body, unlike inguinal hernias, femoral hernias usually occur when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh. The tissue pushes through a weak spot in the surrounding muscle wall into an area called the femoral canal.
Can This Hernia Support Help With Femoral Hernias Too?
Yes, for a femoral hernia, position the padding directly over your hernia and tighten the tension straps accordingly. If your femoral hernia is located lower on your thigh, try our Hip and Groin Brace.
Key Features of This Testicular & Scrotal Hernia Support
Providing support for a single or a double hernia, this hernia belt relieves pain and discomfort caused by inguinal, femoral, and sports hernias. The dual hernia belt is fully adjustable and utilizes a strong fastener system for a secure fit. The lightweight hernia truss includes two removable tension straps with compression pads for supporting weakened groin muscles and applying constant, gentle pressure to your hernia.
Constructed with a durable, machine-washable blend and a strong fastener system, this hernia belt is designed to be discreetly worn beneath your clothes for all-day relief. The latex-free blend will not slip, twist, or slide for a comfortable fit throughout daily activities.
Includes Removable Compression Pads
Suitable for alleviating pain due to single or bilateral hernias, this hernia belt includes two anatomically-shaped pad pockets. Each pocket contains three compression pads (six total) to provide additional support for weakened muscles. The soft, yet sturdy compression pads are removable for less pressure.
The dual hernia truss has a stretchy waistband, accommodating hip sizes between 32"-54". Two elastic tension straps secure without the use of uncomfortable buckles and snaps.
Great Post or Pre-Surgery Support
Use post or pre-surgery to provide constant, comfortable, and adjustable pressure to single or double inguinal hernias and femoral hernias.
Surgery is usually needed to repair a hernia. Untreated, a hernia can grow, and serious, even life-threatening, complications can occur. If your hernia is small and isn't bothering you, your doctor may recommend watchful waiting. Some patients choose to use an inguinal hernia belt to hold off on hernia repair surgery for awhile. However, if your hernia is causing significant discomfort, don't rely on a hernia truss. See your doctor to discuss the best treatment and recovery options.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Inguinal Hernia Truss
- What conditions/injuries does this brace treat? Use post or pre-surgery to provide constant, comfortable, and adjustable pressure to single or double inguinal hernias and femoral hernias.
- How does it work? Compression pads and adjustable tension straps support weakened groin muscles by applying constant, gentle pressure to your hernia.
- When should I wear it? Always talk to your doctor for specific usage instructions, but generally speaking, our inguinal hernia belt is designed to be a comfortable option for all-day wear.
- What is it made of? Woven elastic waistband, padded elastic support pad, and elastic strapping system with medical-grade fasteners.
- Who can wear it? Suitable for adult men and women.
- What size should I buy? Using a soft/flexible tape measure, find the circumference around your hips, in inches. This inguinal hernia belt accommodates hip circumferences up to 54 inches.
- Can I return it? Yes, but try on over clothing intentionally. Once worn, it cannot be exchanged or returned.
- Should I wear it under or over pants? Designed to be worn over undergarments, such as compression shorts, underwear, or briefs, it is suitable for long-time wear beneath your pants.
- How do I put it on? Begin with straps fully loosened. For a single hernia, remove extra pad pocket. Step into brace like underwear or pants. Position waistband at hips. Adjust tension strap to desired level and attach fastener. Each pocket contains 3 pads, which are removable for more or less pressure.
- How do I adjust the brace? For an inguinal hernia loosen strap in rear/back and tighten the strap in the front. For a femoral hernia, position pads over the hernia and tighten straps accordingly.
- Washing Instructions: Remove pads from pockets. Machine wash belt on delicate in cold water with mild detergent. Tumble dry on low heat or air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Provides three adjustable ways to wear
- Handcrafted with the highest quality of supportive fabrics and materials
- A non-invasive alternative to inguinal hernia repair surgery
- Color: Black
Good support Adjustments are easy Waist sizing is to small
Inguinal Hernia Belt
Once received, this item was put together wrong by someone in your company and it took me sometime to take it apart and put it back together correctly by watching videos online. However, once I got it put together CORRECTLY, the fit was good and it works great. Please note, your instruction brochure sheet is not very clear, especially for we senior citizens over the age of 74 years old. Your videos on YouTube are also hard to understand because your Hernia Belt are black that you showcase were faded within the video making it hard to follow and understand.
It is helping!
I only weigh 93 lbs and at first I thought it was too big, but it seems to be helping. I have had no traumatic episodes since wear it.
Ordered a brace that turned out to be too be too small. Braceability’s exchange procedure was easy to use and I received a larger brace within days.
Use this product to hopefully halt your hernia from expanding, hurting or both. It’s strong and snug without being a problem for body functions. Enjoy