Why You Need This Hip Stabilizer & Groin Strain Wrap
Failure to invest in proper hip and groin support could further complicate a strain or pull, costing you weeks of recovery time. Fortunately, this brace provides therapeutic compression to protect your muscles from injury or reduce the risk of further damage if an injury has already occurred. If you’ve experienced irritating pain near your upper thigh or hip and are looking to get the best protection throughout everyday tasks, sports, or workouts, try out our hip and groin wrap.
This unique groin brace can provide relief and protection for a number of injuries to the hip or groin, including:
- Pulled groin
- Hamstring tears
- Hip abductor injuries
- Hip flexor strains
- Hip tendonitis
- Quadricep strains
- Hip arthritis or osteoarthritis
- Post-pregnancy pubic symphysis dysfunction
- Sciatica nerve pain
- Inguinal hernias
- Hip bursitis
How to Wrap a Groin Strain Injury
- Rotate affected leg outward with knee slightly bent.
- Raise your heel.
- Place contoured end of wrap at upper front of thigh.
- Wrap towards outside of leg.
- Overlap starting point and wrap around injured hip.
- Bring wrap across lower back and over healthy hip.
- Wrap diagonally around lower abdomen.
- Continue around thigh and attach.
How to Wrap Your Hip for Support
- Rotate affected leg inward with knee slightly bent.
- Raise your heel.
- Place contoured end of wrap below glute.
- Wrap towards groin.
- Overlap starting point.
- Bring wrap across lower abdomen and over hip.
- Wrap around lower back.
- Continue around thigh and attach.
Hamstring & Quad Wrap vs. Medical Tape & Bandage: 5 Reasons Why Our Wrap Wins
So which works better for your injured hamstring, quadricep, hip, or groin - this spica or a medical bandage with tape? Here are the six major perks of using our compression support wrap over ace bandage and tape:
Stays in Place
Non-slip backing makes this stabilizer band perfect for athletes and active individuals, preventing bunching, rolling, and slipping while in motion. Similar to compression shorts, briefs, or underwear, it improves overall stability during movement in your daily activities, running, and other exercises, by increasing blood flow to the injured area and relieving pain to reduce your recovery time.
The "one size fits most" design of this unisex pelvic support garment is perfect for both men and women and can be worn on the right or left leg, fitting hips up to 52” in circumference.
Made of nylon and HyPUR-cel® material, the medical-grade fastener can be attached anywhere along the hip girdle for a completely customized fit, unlike a thigh sleeve. Compression therapy provided by the wrap soothes your sore muscles, while the brace provides reliable support.
Breathable & Lightweight
The hip protector is low-profile as well as lightweight. This means it can easily be worn under or over your clothing. The breathable nature of the hip and groin strap is definitely an advantage from a sports use standpoint, keeping you cool and dry throughout any activity.
Accommodates Gel Pack for Heat or Ice Therapy
Initial treatment of a pull or strain of the groin muscle typically involves following the steps of rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) and taking pain medications. This groin and hip spica helps with the compression aspect of these steps. Plus, it can hold a cold and hot therapy gel pack over your sore hip and groin or a hernia for soothing, hands-free pain relief.
Comfortable Alternative to Taping
Wrapping your outer hip (abductor) or inner thigh (adductor) muscles with normal athletic tape often presents a challenge following a strain or pull. Medical or KT (kinesio) tape can be uncomfortable and must be rewrapped frequently due to moisture or loss of effectiveness as the tape stretches. Unlike like tape, this sports hernia truss is reusable, washable, comfortable, and easy to apply.
See more hip supports and braces.
Abduction vs. Adduction: What’s the Difference?
An abductor refers to any muscle that pulls a limb or other part of your body away from the center of your body. An adductor is a muscle that pulls a limb or other part of the body toward the midline of your body.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Compression Thigh Support for a Sports Hernia
- What conditions / injuries does this compression wrap treat? Promotes injury recovery from a strained groin, quadricep pull, torn upper thigh muscle, hip arthritis, tendonitis, or bursitis, inguinal hernia, sciatic nerve and SI joint back pain, hip flexor strains or tears, post-pregnancy symphysis dysfunction, and after hip surgery.
- Who can wear it? The one size fits most design allows anyone from teens to plus size adults to wear this groin and hip support.
- How do I know what size to get? Use a soft / flexible tape measure to find the circumference around your hips in inches. This hip and groin brace is “one size fits most”, fitting hip circumferences up to 52".
- How do I put it on? Watch the video above for detailed application instructions for both hip flexor injuries and groin strains.
- Can it be worn on both legs?Yes, this versatile belt can be worn by a man or woman on either the right or left leg.
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? Yes, it can be worn under or over your pants as needed.
- What are the dimensions of this sports hernia support device? 5.5” tall and 79” long.
- What material is this hip stabilizer made of? Fastener-compatible nylon, non-slip acrylic / polyurethane hex, and HyPUR-cel®, a breathable neoprene alternative made of microcellular polyurethane flexible foam. All components are latex free.
- When should I wear this athletic hip wrap? This lightweight hip joint support brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. We always recommend consulting with a medical professional for specific usage instructions.
- Washing Instructions: Hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow wrap to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Works for either hip
- Lightweight and low-profile so it easily fits beneath clothes
- Highly affordable price
- Natural remedy for hip and groin pain
- Color: Black
Hip flexor brace
This is a great brace for hip flexor strain. My pain resolved when I used it and it was very comfortable. Love it! Thank you!
Grateful to have support!
Over all a great Brace!! It really helps My husband who recently dislocated his hip anteriorly 2 times in an 8 days!!! No support was recommended!!! Only to take it slow and be very careful not to redislocate!!! This brace really helps Him stay careful and avoid hip extension. The only complaint is slipping down the Thigh and the waist. But overall he’s VERY PLEASED. It gives him a little confidence.
Excellent . I wear it at work for 10 +hours and my groin is improving. Great support and great fit. Wear it under my pants no one knows .I totally recomend this product. Washes easy too.
touted as top quality/manufacture; a bit pricy compared to other choices on market
Does the necessary restraint on my acetabulum/ tendinitis/hip flexor problem-I feel justification in paying for the ‘best’… this is not device to go cheap on!
Thigh and hip support
Able to adjust the tightness around thigh,running it around waist and securing to my thigh gave lots of support to my hip. It's more supportive than others i have used. THANKS
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with our Hip Flexor Compression Spica & Groin Brace. It means so much when our best customers share their experiences. I’m glad we were able to meet your expectations!