Gymnast Wrist Brace for Tumbling & Cheerleading Injuries
Gymnastics, tumbling, and cheerleading can be hard on your body. It is not uncommon for those who participate in these sports regularly to struggle with injuries. One of the most common problems gymnasts and cheerleaders face is an injury of the hand and wrist. Pain in your wrists can often make it difficult to take part in the sports you love.
How Many Cheerleading Injuries Happen Per Year?
Cheerleading injuries can happen to anyone who takes part in the sport, but how common are they? Based on recent studies an average of 11-50 cheerleaders sustain injuries per month. Over a year, this can add up to as many as 600 injuries as a direct result of cheerleading.
What Does It Do?
This cheer wrist brace from BraceAbility is the best solution for athletes in need of support. By holding your wrist (This only comes with one brace, not a pair) in the correct position this brace allows you to recover from a variety of injuries and conditions including:
- Wrist sprains
- Wrist strains
- Carpal tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist instability
- Pain/discomfort in the wrist or hand
Along with allowing you to recover, this brace guards you against further injury so you can return to sports and activities with confidence!
How Does It Work?
This brace was designed specifically for cheerleading, including competitive team stunting and basing (even at the Olympic level). It helps limit wrist motion and protect wrists during workouts or other activities. Wrist sprains and strains from stunting and tumbling occur as the hand is hyperextended (bent backward). The way this brace supports the wrist prevents you from making any incorrect movements during cheerleading and gymnastic maneuvers. Wrist guards also work to redistribute pressure on the wrist by providing padding and allowing you to tumble effectively with less stress on your wrists.
Despite being designed specifically for cheerleading and gymnastics these wristbands can also take the pain off of your wrist during other sports including CrossFit, weightlifting at the gym, dance, pilates, and yoga. It can even help with daily activities such as typing on a keyboard (which can lead to carpal tunnel), using a computer mouse, lifting objects around the house, and more!
Key Features & Benefits
This brace can be worn on the right or left hand. It fits a wide range of children to adults. One size fits most, but make sure to measure and check our sizing chart before ordering! For younger children, check out our child-sized wrist splint.
Includes a Rigid Plastic Stay
Features a hard plastic splint that helps keep your wrist in proper anatomical positioning, preventing re-injury and speeding up the recovery process. This plastic stay can be worn on either the top or bottom of your wrist and removed throughout your treatment process if lighter support is desired.
Leaves Your Palm & Fingers Free
Similar to Tiger Paw Wrist Supports, our wrist guard for gymnastics and tumbling leaves the fingers and hands-free, allowing for a full range of motion. It can even be worn with gloves!
Has 2 Adjustable Wrist Straps
2 adjustable elastic wrist straps provide customizable, dual compression. These braces are meant to fit snug to stabilize your wrist properly and can be quickly adjusted throughout the day.
Low-Profile & Lightweight
The low-profile design of this brace won’t get in the way while tumbling or stunting. Unlike neoprene braces, this wrist support is made from breathable elastic to avoid sweating – perfect for tough cheer or gymnastics workouts.
Engineered from Medical-Grade Materials
This brace is crafted from high-quality, medical-grade materials to ensure it holds strong even during high-intensity movement. The hook and loop fasteners are much stronger than cheap retail-grade fasteners you would find at stores like Walmart, Walgreens, or local drugstores.
Easy to Clean
Simply remove the plastic stay, close the fasteners, and throw in the washing machine!
Frequently Asked Questions About This Cheer Wrist Brace
- What conditions/injuries does this cheer wrist brace treat? This brace is designed to treat injuries including wrist sprains/strains, wrist instability, carpal tunnel, tendonitis, inflammation, and pain/discomfort in the wrist or hand.
- How does it work? It helps limit wrist motion and protect wrists during workouts or other activities.
- Who can wear this brace? This brace fits a wide range of people, from adult men’s and women’s wrists to older kids' wrists.
- What size should I get? Using a soft, flexible tape measure, find the circumference of your wrist in inches and refer to our sizing chart above to select your size.
- When should I wear it? Leaving your fingers free, this wrist brace can be worn comfortably during gymnastics or cheerleading practice and throughout the day or night for optimal healing.
- Can you wear it on either wrist? Yes, when you buy this brace it comes with one wrist brace that can be worn on either arm.
- What is it made of? Made of soft medical-grade elastic, hook and loop fasteners, and a rigid plastic stay.
- How do I put it on? Start by undoing all fasteners and laying the brace flat with the fasteners facing up. Center your wrist on the brace. Wrap the stay side of the brace around your wrist. Wrap each strap around your wrist, attaching the fasteners to secure. Tighten straps individually to adjust the level of compression.
- Dimensions: Brace is 10” long and 3” wide, weight around half an ounce.
- Washing Instructions: Remove the plastic stay and close all fasteners. Machine wash on delicate with mild detergent. Lay flat to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Plastic stay (splint) can be removed and worn without for lighter support
- Depending on the injury, the stay can be worn on either the top or bottom side of your wrist to limit different types of movement.
- Aside from sports, it can be used to relieve wrist pain during a variety of normal day to day activities.
- Color: Black.
fely good especially playing golf kept my wrist firm may need to buy another one!!!
The wrist brace is great for my golf game. It provides great support and does not interfere with my grip or swing for putting or full swings. Great Product!