Best Womens Back Brace for Lower Back Pain Relief
There are many causes of low back pain in women. The good news is that this back support belt for women can help with many of them. And it is available in extra-large sizes, fitting larger body circumferences up to 69 inches. This lumbar sacral orthosis (LSO) for women supports your low back and forces you to exercise good posture, in the interest of easing pain and preventing further damage.
Top 7 Causes of Low Back Pain in Females
There is no shortage of things that might be a cause of lower back pain in women. Fortunately, wearing women’s back braces can help with a number of these sources of back pain as they ease low back stress and apply compression that stimulates healing and reduces inflammation. It also promotes good posture which is ideal to prevent further damage.
Improper Body Mechanics
Lifting a heavy object, twisting or moving suddenly might strain the muscle or ligaments in your back, causing low back pain as well as stiffness and possibly muscle spasms. Such injuries are common causes of upper back pain in women as well.
The compression this low-back brace applies can soothe painful inflammation and encourage healing.
Pressure on Your Nerves
Another possible source of lower back pain in young ladies is pressure on the nerves, especially the sciatic nerve, which causes pain, tingling and numbness in your low back that branches to your hips, glutes, and legs.
Typically, sciatica affects just one side of your body, so this is often a cause of either lower right side or lower left side back pain in women, but not both. It is usually pressured by a herniated disc or a bone spur.
While a doctor can address why there is pressure on your nerve, the good posture this lumbar brace makes you adhere to, as well as the support it provides can make this a helpful component of treatment.
Stress fractures in the vertebra of your back can cause slipping of these discs known as spondylolisthesis, which may place pressure on your spinal cord or nerve roots. This may also lead to radiating pain and numbness, resulting in right or left lower back pain in females. This is just one example of instances where degenerative changes in your back might cause pain or pressure on your nerve roots, causing left or right lower back pain.
The lumbar spine, especially, is subject to a high degree of stress that over time can lead to cartilage erosion, stress fractures, etc. Wearing a brace for lower back support that also provides abdominal compression can reduce the amount of pressure on your lumbar spine and limit any harmful movements.
Abnormal Spinal Curvature
An abnormal curve of the spine due to a deformity present from birth, degenerative changes or poor posture, like kyphosis, lordosis, or scoliosis can also lead to both low and upper back pain. In some cases, this can be fixed, possibly with the help of a back brace, and in other cases treatment focuses on slowing the progression of the problem.
Cartilage erosion or too much motion at the sacroiliac (SI) joint (often due to pregnancy) can lead to SI joint dysfunction that can cause lower back and groin pain in women.
Generally, this discomfort is isolated to one side, so pain in the lower left or lower right back of a female would be more common than discomfort across your entire low back. BraceAbility offers a number of pregnancy back supports and maternity braces.
Being Overweight or Obese
Being overweight or obese also increases the amount of stress on your spine and back tissues, accelerating spinal degeneration, and increasing your risk of a back injury.
As you age, your spine becomes more prone to injury. Therefore, it is important to engage in low-impact exercises to keep your back strong and limber and to be conscientious of maintaining good posture so as not to increase existing strain on the back.
Women with Abdominal and Lower Left or Right Back Pain
Another benefit of this female back binder is that it provides abdominal pressure, which takes the pressure off your lumbar back. Plus it makes this support multi-functional in instances where both lower abdominal pain and back pain in women are at play.
The combination of lower back and abdominal pain in women can be a sign of a more serious problem/situation such as:
- Pelvic issues
- Abdominal aneurysm
- Kidney stone
This is by no means an exhaustive list of what might be causing lower stomach and back pain in women, but as you can see, many of these will not be remedied by wearing a lumbar back support. Therefore, it is important to seek the help of a medical professional if you are experiencing lower abdomen and lower back pain.
Key Features of this Brace for Women with Low Back Pain
The crisscross back panel of this back pain brace, as well as its double-pull elastic tension straps, support and apply compression to your lower back. These features and more make it an ideal back belt for dealing with moderate pain in your lower back, lower left and lower right abdominal pain, spinal arthritis, back muscle weakness, pulls or tears, and/or lumbar sprains or strains.
Elastic Applies Lightweight, Flexible Support to Your Low Back
This back brace for women is composed of a latex-free, form-fitting elastic. The material will conform to the curves of your body while providing light compression, which can help reduce female lower back pain while encouraging healing of the various causes of back pain. The compression reduces inflammation that can be one of the reasons for lower back pain in women. This also improves blood flow to your low back, which encourages quick healing.
The material will stay put, as needed for treating low back pain in women. The back support for women that hugs your body is quite sleek in terms of design, helping it to fit discreetly under your clothes if needed so that addressing lower back pain causes in women is not a wardrobe-disrupting affair.
Adjustable Fastener Straps
The back posture brace for women comes with support straps for additional support to your lumbar spine. In addition to addressing right or left side lower back pain in women, this also helps hold your brace in place.
The brace can be easily secured via its fastener that secures at the front of your body. This also enables easy adjustment of fit.
Removable Plastic Stays
The women’s back brace is wider in the back and tapered at the front for a more functional, comfortable fit. The back panel has four plastic stays for addressing the causes of lower back pain in women. The plastic stays are lightweight and contoured to fit the shape of your back - so they support your lower back while still being comfortable. You can bend them to adjust their shape as needed, and you can remove them if you don't need that much support.
Relieves Lower Back Pain from a Variety of Injuries and Conditions
This lumbar spine support treats acute or chronic back pain stemming from a variety of causes, from muscle strain to degenerative disc disease to poor posture; it can also help with radiating pain to the hips, groin, pelvis, legs, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Lower Back Support Belt
- What conditions / injuries does this brace treat? This girdle for low back pain can help treat moderate lower back pain, muscle strains, tears, or pulls, bulging discs, herniated discs, and hip pain.
- How does it work? The combination of anterior and posterior panels supply circumferential compression and stabilization, reducing pressure on your spine by shifting some of the load to your abdomen.
- When should I wear it? Thanks to the lightweight, latex-free material it's possible for you to wear this brace 24/7 if advised by your doctor. You can also sleep comfortably in this brace due to its soft material. It’s advised to speak with a medical professional before wearing a brace for an extended amount of time.
- What is it made of? This brace is made out of a latex-free, elastic material. The removable stays are plastic.
- Who can wear this medical device for spinal support? The sizing options make it easy for both average and plus size women to find a size that fits.
- What size should I buy? Using a soft / flexible tape measure, find the circumference around your belly button, in inches.
- How do I put it on? Unhook all closures and lay the brace flat on the floor to identify the top side. The top has openings, which allow you to remove the metal stays. Next, position the brace behind your body so it’s centered on your back with the bottom of the brace sitting at the widest part of your hips. Fold the left side of the brace towards the middle of your stomach. Do the same with the right side but pull firmly and secure the closure. Repeat this process with the double-pull tension straps for your desired compression level.
- How do I adjust the brace? Grab the double-pull tension straps (located on the outside of the brace) and adjust them to make it either tighter or looser, then re-apply the closures.
- How tall is this brace? The brace tapers from 10” tall in the back to 6” in the front.
- Washing Instructions: To wash the brace, first, remove stays and close all closures. Hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Do not use bleach. The brace should be air-dried. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Reduces intradiscal pressure through circumferential compression
- Fits average to overweight men and women.
- Provided compression stimulates healing, reducing inflammation.
- Color: Neutral white color
New back brace-sz. Medium
It is excellent. I returned the Large, received the Medium and it’s perfect! Love it!
An excellent product!
The lumbar brace is an excellent product both in design and workmanship. The reason it didn't work for me is due to the fact I am extremely short waisted and 5 feet tall. I was very impressed with the company's customer service also. They know their product and are extremely helpful.
Fits well and supports as advertised.
It was good. So glad to find a white one for summer.
Love this brace!
I wear this brace to clean house and walk the dogs and I absolutely love it. It has enough support but is still flexible enough to bend down and pick things up. I’m 5’2” and weigh about 127 and the small is perfect for me.