Do I Need an Osteoarthritis Unloader Knee Brace?
Whether you are experiencing knee pain from osteoarthritis-related wear and tear, a ligament injury, or post-op recovery, this OA Knee Brace is perfect for unloading pressure off your sore knee joint. The unloader brace was specifically designed for bone-on-bone knee pain relief, helping delay the need for knee replacement surgery.
Continue reading to learn more about this brace’s features, benefits, and indications!
Key Features & Benefits
Universal (One Size Fits Most)
Universal sizing fits most average to plus-size women and men. The straps are adjustable, fitting up to a 30-inch thigh circumference.
Lightweight & Low-Profile Design
Made from medical-grade molded plastic and foam padding, the unloader brace’s comfortable, lightweight, and low-profile design helps prevent skin sensitivity and irritation.
Reduces Inside (Medial) or Outside (Lateral) Pressure on Your Knee Joint
Completely adjustable to reduce pressure on the inner or outer portion of your knee, this varus-valgus corrector tailors to your needs, providing lightweight yet heavy-duty stabilization. Use the included tools to adjust for inside (medial) or outside (lateral) support. The upright struts help prevent your knee from wobbling.
Quick-Release Buckles for Quick & Easy Application
The strapping system allows for custom adjustment and features quick-release buckles for fast and easy application.
Non-Slip Interior Helps Prevent Migration
Engineered with a non-slip interior for secure, all-day wear.
Includes Optional Flexion & Extension Inserts for Range-of-Motion Control
Includes range of motion flexion and extension inserts to limit and prevent excessive bending and hyperextension. Thanks to its versatility, the ROM Knee Brace provides support for most injuries and post-op protection after surgery.
Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
Meniscal cartilage derangement
Unicompartmental knee conditions requiring load reduction, such as Articular Cartilage Defect Repair, Avascular Necrosis, or Tibial Plateau Fracture
All non-contact activities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What conditions does this knee compression wrap treat? The Osteoarthritis Knee Brace helps reduce pain from rheumatoid arthritis, OA of the knee, bone on bone knee cartilage degeneration, meniscal derangement, unicompartmental knee conditions requiring load reduction, like avascular necrosis, articular cartilage defect repair, or tibial plateau fracture.
- Who can wear the ROM brace? Universal, fitting a wide variety of patients easily; just select right or left leg when shopping. The straps are adjustable, fitting up to a 30-inch, plus-size thigh circumference.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a soft tape measure, sit in a chair with your leg extended straight in front of you. Measure the circumference of your leg 6 inches above and 6 inches below the mid-patella. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our sizing graphic in the photos above to choose the right size.
- How do I put on the support on? In a seated position, fasten strap 1. Fasten straps 2 to 4 in this fashion. Re-adjust straps if uncomfortable. Use tools for fine adjustments. Test once more and confirm comfort.
- What size of hex wrench is needed for adjustments? All the necessary tools are included with your purchase, but if the hex wrench is misplaced, simply use a standard 3.0 hex wrench.
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? You can wear this OA brace over pants or directly against your skin. Its comfortable design helps prevent skin sensitivity and irritation.
- How tall is this brace? 14.5 inches.
- What material is this brace made of? This knee support is made of a propene polymer outer shell and buckles with polyester-blended straps. The upright stay is made of lightweight aluminum with stainless steel rivets. All components are latex-free.
- When should I wear it? The knee brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during no-contact physical activity. However, you should always consult with your doctor for specific usage instructions.
- Washing instructions: Remove straps, pads, and liners. Close all hook and loop closures before washing. Hand wash straps with mild detergent in cold water and hang dry only. Do not dry clean, bleach, or iron. Occasionally apply a dry lubricant to hinge, especially after use in water.
- Other features:
- Tool included to set the hinge
- Supports and stabilizes as you recover
- Reduces your risk of re-injury
- Color: Black.
Good quality. easy to put on
Still Evaluating But So Far I'm Satisfied
I'm still evaluating. I have OA issues and want braces that will help take the stress off my knees. Negatives: I'm still trying to get a good fit. The Number 4 strap, the highest one on the leg, is too long. At the smallest size adjustment it's still too loose. There's a gap between the strap and my leg. I may have to use safety pins to hold the strap shorter for a better fit. Also the instructions are too brief and vague and rely too much on tiny illustrations that don't do much to explain things. I had to contact Customer Service for help. I found this could only be done by email. A telephone number can be found but as is almost always the case in today's world calling the telephone number gets you nowhere. Fortunately on the Positive side I got very good response with email. An agent responded in a timely manner and was very helpful. I wear the braces every day and am trying to regain the ability to go up and down steps using both legs in a left, right motion. I can see improvement in going up. I'm still having trouble going down. Perhaps I'll know more in a couple of months. If I had it to do over would I still buy the brace? Yes I would.
Its great and is really helping my knee.
I can walk again
Easy directions, fit my challenge, immediate improvement for pain management. I walk all day at my field job, so this has truly helped me stay productive. Thank tou
Roll back father time.
Work great it really help when I play golf or just walk, Great product.