Do I Need an Osteoarthritis Unloader Knee Brace?
Whether you are experiencing knee pain from osteoarthritis-related wear and tear, a ligament injury, or post-op recovery, this OA Knee Brace is perfect for unloading pressure off your sore knee joint. The unloader brace was specifically designed for bone-on-bone knee pain relief, helping delay the need for knee replacement surgery.
Continue reading to learn more about this brace’s features, benefits, and indications!
Key Features & Benefits
Universal (One Size Fits Most)
Universal sizing fits most average to plus-size women and men. The straps are adjustable, fitting up to a 30-inch thigh circumference.
Lightweight & Low-Profile Design
Made from medical-grade molded plastic and foam padding, the unloader brace’s comfortable, lightweight, and low-profile design helps prevent skin sensitivity and irritation.
Reduces Inside (Medial) or Outside (Lateral) Pressure on Your Knee Joint
Completely adjustable to reduce pressure on the inner or outer portion of your knee, this varus-valgus corrector tailors to your needs, providing lightweight yet heavy-duty stabilization. Use the included tools to adjust for inside (medial) or outside (lateral) support. The upright struts help prevent your knee from wobbling.
Quick-Release Buckles for Quick & Easy Application
The strapping system allows for custom adjustment and features quick-release buckles for fast and easy application.
Non-Slip Interior Helps Prevent Migration
Engineered with a non-slip interior for secure, all-day wear.
Includes Optional Flexion & Extension Inserts for Range-of-Motion Control
Includes range of motion flexion and extension inserts to limit and prevent excessive bending and hyperextension. Thanks to its versatility, the ROM Knee Brace provides support for most injuries and post-op protection after surgery.
Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
Meniscal cartilage derangement
Unicompartmental knee conditions requiring load reduction, such as Articular Cartilage Defect Repair, Avascular Necrosis, or Tibial Plateau Fracture
All non-contact activities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What conditions does this knee compression wrap treat? The Osteoarthritis Knee Brace helps reduce pain from rheumatoid arthritis, OA of the knee, bone on bone knee cartilage degeneration, meniscal derangement, unicompartmental knee conditions requiring load reduction, like avascular necrosis, articular cartilage defect repair, or tibial plateau fracture.
- Who can wear the ROM brace? Universal, fitting a wide variety of patients easily; just select right or left leg when shopping. The straps are adjustable, fitting up to a 30-inch, plus-size thigh circumference.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a soft tape measure, sit in a chair with your leg extended straight in front of you. Measure the circumference of your leg 6 inches above and 6 inches below the mid-patella. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our sizing graphic in the photos above to choose the right size.
- How do I put on the support on? In a seated position, fasten strap 1. Fasten straps 2 to 4 in this fashion. Re-adjust straps if uncomfortable. Use tools for fine adjustments. Test once more and confirm comfort.
- What size of hex wrench is needed for adjustments? All the necessary tools are included with your purchase, but if the hex wrench is misplaced, simply use a standard 3.0 hex wrench.
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? You can wear this OA brace over pants or directly against your skin. Its comfortable design helps prevent skin sensitivity and irritation.
- How tall is this brace? 14.5 inches.
- What material is this brace made of? This knee support is made of a propene polymer outer shell and buckles with polyester-blended straps. The upright stay is made of lightweight aluminum with stainless steel rivets. All components are latex-free.
- When should I wear it? The knee brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during no-contact physical activity. However, you should always consult with your doctor for specific usage instructions.
- Washing instructions: Remove straps, pads, and liners. Close all hook and loop closures before washing. Hand wash straps with mild detergent in cold water and hang dry only. Do not dry clean, bleach, or iron. Occasionally apply a dry lubricant to hinge, especially after use in water.
- Other features:
- Tool included to set the hinge
- Supports and stabilizes as you recover
- Reduces your risk of re-injury
- Color: Black.
Left knee brace
It fits very well. It has made a big difference and support for my knee. Would recommend it for sure.
Really Good Brace
My leg is unusual in that I had polio, so the calf muscle of my left leg has always been atrophied and my knee has always hyperextended. I’ve tried several braces, with and without a prescription, but none have allowed me to make adjustments to the extension as well as providing a good fit. This one does. I’m still getting used to it but I really like the support it provides and am very pleased to have found it by writing to your customer service department asking for a recommendation. Customer service was extremely helpful and responsive.
Hi Janice, Thank you for reaching out to BraceAbility, and we appreciate you placing an order with us. We love having customers like you, and your support means everything to us. Thank you, Customer Support Team
A Bit Complicated But Effective Pain Relief
This is a fairly well designed precision device which requires proper adjustments to work correctly, and it took awhile to figure it all out. Once I understood the adjustment process I found it to be very effective at relieving my knee pain. It does have a tendency to slip down if you don't make it really tight, but even when it slips a bit you still get pain relief.
Good brace, but…
I bought this because of Osteo arthritis in my knee. I was very excited about the possibility of diminishing the pain when I walked, and especially after I had been sitting and went to stand. I got the brace and once I finally figured out how to properly wear it, I realize that part of the issue with this brace is that it does not stay up. Even as I pull it as tight as possible, it shifts. The brace fits fine and I like that it is adjustable. It’s just that it does not quite stay in place , so I’m readjusting it more often than not. It does help diminish the pain somewhat. The last “negative“ comment is that the buckles are clumsy to snap closed unless I completely loosen each band and then have to tighten it down. It does snap off easily. But to put it back on, I cannot leave everything as is and simply buckle it. It does not buckle , unless I loosen the band, buckle it and then tighten it down again
This brace is the first brace that has brought me so much relief. I am on my feet all day as a nurse and this brace allows me to be PAIN FREE while on the move. I'm so grateful for this. I was hesitant at first due to the cost, but it is COMPLETELY worth it.