The Key Features of This Torn Meniscus Knee Brace
This torn meniscus knee brace pairs hinges that permit extension and flexion control with a two-part design aimed at comfort as well as healing, with the result being a top if not the best knee brace for meniscus pain with an off-the-shelf price tag.
The hinge is a polycentric one that is easy to access and includes a condyle shell to protect it. The hinge and aluminum uprights allow flexion and extension control so one can set the brace for torn meniscus treatment to allow the knee to bend 0°, 15°, 30°, 60° or 90°, for example. See more of BraceAbility’s hinged knee braces
To apply the brace for a medial or lateral meniscus tear, one pulls the lower sleeve portion of the brace up the calf, centers the open patella area on the knee, and then closes the upper wrap portion of the brace at the thigh. Finger loops help with application, and there are four fastener strap closures for a secure fit and easy adjustment.
The heavy-duty support is surprisingly comfortable and lightweight, adding to its appeal as the best knee brace for torn meniscus care. The neoprene material of which the brace is made is will keep your knee warm to decrease pain.
There are a number of conditions besides meniscus tears where the compression, support and range-of-motion control (ROM) this knee brace offers might be helpful. Some of these include the following:
- Knee sprains and strains
- Medial/Lateral Instability
- Weak or injured knee ligaments or muscles
- Degenerative joint disease of the knee
- Unstable ACL PCL
As previously noted, this meniscus brace is also compatible with non-contact sports participation. See more knee supports geared toward athletic use. This meniscus knee brace comes in seven sizes, including a difficult-to-find 4X-large. See BraceAbility full line of bariatric orthotics.
Frequently Asked Questions About This ROM Knee Brace
- What conditions/injuries does this hyperextension brace treat? Treats pain and prevents further injury for those with meniscus tears, cartilage degeneration, strains, sprains, knee instability, muscle weakness/injury, ligament injury/weakness, moderate ACL/PCL instability, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Can I wear this knee brace over my pants? You can wear this brace over pants, but to receive the compression benefits, we recommend you wear the wrap directly against your skin.
- When should I wear it? The knee brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. However, you should consult with your doctor before wearing any compression support for extended periods of time, such as while sleeping.
- What is it made of? Made of premium-grade neoprene with suede-covered aluminum stays, nylon straps, and medical-grade hook and loop fasteners. All components are latex-free.
- Who can wear this brace? Great for any teen to adult women or men. It can greatly improve your quality of life, allowing you to recover safely and continue your activities.
- What size should I buy? This brace is available in a wide range of sizes. Choose your size by using a flexible measuring tape and referring to the size chart above.
- How do I put it on? To apply, first loosen on closures and insert foot through the sleeve portion of the brace. Pull brace up leg using finger loops. The circular opening should be centered over your kneecap. Secure top portion behind your knee to desired compression level. Secure bottom strap through D-ring and tighten to desired level. Repeat to attach top strap. Adjust flexion or extension settings as needed.
- Can I wear it on either leg? Absolutely! This ROM knee brace can be used interchangeably on the right or left knee.
- Washing instructions: Hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow the brace to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Color: Black.