Hinged Knee Immobilizer Brace: Top 5 Features & Benefits
Provides Pain Relief From a Variety of Injuries & Conditions
If you’re recovering from a knee injury or surgery, it is crucial to protect and support your kneecap to ensure proper healing. One of the best features of this hinged knee support is that it can provide effective pain relief and protection from a wide variety of post-operative knee injuries and conditions, such as:
Petite to Plus-Sized Supports Available
Knee pain, injuries, and conditions don’t pick and choose individuals, so we made sure that there is a size available for everyone. With the option of sizes ranging from XS - 6XL, anyone from teens and small adults, to plus-size men and women can benefit from this ROM brace. Plus, this support can be worn interchangeably on either the right or left leg.
Adjustable For a Perfect Personalized Fit
With this knee immobilizer, not only are there a wide range of sizes available but there are also a number of ways you can adjust the brace to ensure a perfect, comfortable fit. Heavy-duty straps are located directly above and below the open patella, which can be tightened or loosened to provide the correct amount of pressure for your injury or condition. The side hinges can also be adjusted to your liking, so whether you’re in need of moderate or maximum support, you’re able to wear this brace throughout your entire recovery process.
Dual-Axis Motion Hinges
The range of motion hinges within this sleeve make it the perfect choice for pain prevention and proper healing following an injury or knee surgery. The ROM hinges are on both the left and right sides of the knee, which helps improve stability and allows you to adjust your knee’s range of motion. Having the ability to fully control the motion in your knee will result in a progressive, safe recovery. Whether you’ll need to restrict your knee from bending or straightening will depend on your injury and recovery process, but luckily this ROM brace can adjust to both!
Adjustable Hinges for Injury Recovery: When to Use Flexion vs Extension
Wondering whether you need flexion or extension for your knee pain, condition, or injury recovery? Flexion will be used to limit how far your knee can bend. So, for example, you could set the flexion to 90 degrees in order to prevent your knee from bending past a 90-degree angle. You’ll want to use flexion for recovery and pain relief after surgery, mild osteoarthritis, and meniscus tears.
On the other hand, extension is used to limit how far your knee can straighten. If you adjust the extension to 30 degrees, the brace would restrict your knee from straightening past a 30-degree angle. You can use extension for relief from hyperextension or locking. Keep in mind that every knee injury will require a different recovery process, you should always talk to your doctor first to find the best hinge setting for you!
Breathable & Lightweight Materials
Unlike full knee sleeves such as ACE bandages that can leave you sweaty and uncomfortable, this ROM immobilizer wrap was designed for all-day use. An opening over the kneecap allows for breathable flexibility, while the neoprene compression provides soothing warmth to help reduce swelling and inflammation.
Do I Need a ROM Knee Brace After Surgery?
If you’re in the process of recovering from knee surgery or injury, but you’re not sure if you would benefit from wearing a knee brace, keep reading! A range of motion knee support is designed to help relieve pain, protect and ensure proper recovery following an operation or injury. There is a significant amount of pressure placed on your kneecap during the healing process, an ROM brace works to relieve this pressure and allow for some comfort while you heal. Certain injuries or surgeries may require immobilization of the knee while healing, this post-operative support sleeve can restrict your knee from bending or straightening as you need. The neoprene this brace is constructed of provides soothing compression to help relieve any swelling or inflammation that may occur. Plus, wearing a ROM knee support can give you some confidence and reassurance as you get back into doing the activities you love after your injury or surgery.
Is This Torn Meniscus Knee Brace Right for Me?
This brace was designed for men and women who are in the recovery phase due to a knee operation, injury, or condition. If your injury, condition, or pain requires patellar immobilization (restriction from straightening or bending your knee), then you will likely find this knee support beneficial. This patella wrap can be considered rigid due to the immobilizing hinges, which will provide you moderate to maximum support, protection, and stability. The ideal use for this brace would be while you’re recovering from meniscus, ACL, PCL, or MCL tears, hyperextension, osteoarthritis, or other knee surgeries and injuries. These common knee injuries mainly put athletes who play contact sports at risk, although they could happen to anyone.
If you’re in need of a more moderate, flexible support, check out our full line of knee braces, sleeves, and wraps to find the best option for you.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Post-Op Knee Brace
- What conditions / injuries does the knee compression wrap treat? Helps treat and manage pain caused by a range of knee injuries including ACL, PCL, and MCL tears, torn meniscus, post-op relief, hyperextension, chondromalacia, osteoarthritis, and more!
- Who can wear the ROM brace? With sizes available from XS-6XL, a range of men and women can wear this adjustable knee brace for meniscus tears.
How do I put the support on?
- Open hinge cover, place pins in desired setting, and close. Both right and left hinges need to match.
- With middle circle facing forward, reinsert hinged into pockets.
- Position brace behind knee. Tag should be in left hand.
- Wrap bottom portion around leg and secure fastener.
- Repeat to secure top portion. Opening should be around your kneecap.
- Wrap bottom strap around leg, feed it through bottom D-ring and attach.
- Repeat to secure top strap. Adjust as needed.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a soft tape measure, sit in a chair with your leg extended straight in front of you. Measure the circumference of your leg 6 inches above the mid-patella. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our sizing graphic in the photos above to choose the right size.
- Can I wear this knee brace over my pants? You can wear this brace over pants, but to receive the compression benefits, we recommend you wear the wrap directly against your skin.
- When should I wear it? The knee brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. However, you should consult with your doctor before wearing any compression support for extended periods of time, such as while sleeping.
- What material is this brace made of? This knee support is made of premium-grade neoprene, suede-covered aluminum stays, and nylon straps with medical-grade hook and loop fasteners. All components are latex free.
- How tall is this brace? 12 inches.
- Washing instructions: Close the hinge covers and attach fastener straps. Avoiding hinges and aluminum stays, carefully wipe with a damp cloth using mild soap. Do not submerge this brace in water. Allow to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Hinges include 0°, 15°, 30°, 60°, and 90° settings
- Supports and stabilizes as you heal
- Reduce your risk of re-injury during recovery
- Color: Black.
Helped knee from moving side to side and giving out.
Love the support but sizing is off
I made sure to measure my knee just as the website described, and ordered the appropriate size according to the chart. When I tried it on, it is way too big both length and circumference so I need to return it and get the next size down. Despite the sizing issue, I did notice a great improvement in my knee when I was trying on the brace
Love the brace! Makes working out more comfortable
Very nice knee brace
Great, comfortable fit. Easy to put on. It looks stylish and goes with everything that I wear.
Hinged ROM Brace
I would definitely recommend to friends