The 4 Top-Rated Features of This Hand Brace for Stroke Patients
Personalized Fit for Men and Women
There is a wide range of sizes available for teen to adult men and women, as well as choices for either right or left-handed options. Supportive straps cover the wrist, hand, and fingers that can be adjusted for targeted compression and pressure. Completely adjustable and reusable, the functional splint can be used time and time again, as needed, unlike other hand cast options that you can only use once or twice.
Comfortable Hand and Wrist Immobilization
Unlike most wrist immobilizer splints and braces, this resting hand splint holds your entire hand, wrist, and fingers in a neutral healing position. Padded, soft, and breathable materials make this wrist sprain brace the best option for comfortable, functional positioning. Whether you’re relaxing, sleeping, or working, this hand brace will hold your wrist and palm in the best position to avoid any dangerous or painful movements as you heal. Unlike rigid hard plastic splints, this support was made with your comfort and all-day or night use in mind.
Functional Option for Recovery and Protection
This volar support can be used for a wide range of injuries, conditions, and recovery as needed in the hand or wrist. Thanks to the full coverage, compression, and immobilization of the wrist, thumb, fingers, and hand, the support can be helpful for a range of conditions, such as:
- Hand tendonitis
- Fractures, strains, or sprains
- Stroke recovery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Wrist drop
- De Quervain's syndrome
- Hand nerve damage
- Post-surgery recovery
Speak to your doctor or medical professional to ensure this resting splint is the right option for your injury, condition, or pain before purchasing.
Day or Night Protection and Support
This overnight wrist splint is perfect for wearing during the day, or through the night. The materials make this hand brace soft against the skin, so there is no need to worry about itching, sweat, or discomfort while wearing it. The use of this wrist brace is extremely handy, as immobilization is hard to control while you’re sleeping. Use this cockup splint through the night to protect and heal your injured hand or rest while you’re sleeping.
Why Do I Need a Resting Hand Splint?
This splint was designed to hold your hand in the correct, neutral healing position for proper recovery and protection following a hand or wrist injury, stroke, or surgery. Resting splints are one of the best ways to support joints to help ease sharp pains and inflammation. Whether you are recovering from a traumatic hand injury, or experience painful flare-ups due to arthritis, tendonitis, or carpal tunnel, this splint support can be a big help. Plus, you can wear this brace day or night, which means no more waking up to sharp, painful aches right away in the morning. Properly position and protect your injured hand, and in turn, speed up your recovery process with this comfy immobilizer splint.
Immobilization for Hand Recovery After Stroke
Following a stroke, you may have lost certain movements in your hand or wrist. To achieve a full recovery after a stroke, the protection and restriction from dangerous movements are crucial steps in the healing process. If you’re unable to hold your hand in the proper positioning, this soft resting hand splint will prove extremely useful both during the day and throughout the night as you recover.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Wrist Sprain Brace
- What conditions / injuries does this support treat? Use to help treat, manage, and heal pain following stroke, surgery, arthritis, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, fractures, sprains, and other hand, finger, or wrist injuries.
- How does it work? The immobilizer holds your hand, wrist, and fingers in the optimal healing position for a range of injuries and conditions.
- Who can wear it? With a wide range of sizes available, this splint will fit most teen to adult men and women. There are both right and left-hand options available.
- What size should I get? Use a flexible measuring tape and refer to the sizing chart pictured above to find the perfect fit for you before purchasing.
- What is it made of? The hand brace is made of velvet wrapped foam, rigid plastic splint, and nylon hook and loop fasteners.
- How do I put it on? Lay splint flat on a table, and place hand palm down on splint. Wrap middle strap around wrist, followed by forearm strap. Securely wrap the thumb strap to prevent movement. Wrap finger strap across the top of fingers and fasten.
- How tall is this support? The length of this hand immobilizer will range from 10.5 to 15 inches based on the size you order.
- Washing instructions: Close all fasteners and hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow splint to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry this support.
- Holds hand in the neutral healing position
- Protects thumb, fingers, hand, and wrist all at once
- Washable, durable, and reusable for long-time use
- Color: Black.
Perfect tool to assist in healing!
Recently had surgery on my left hand and, due to the number and location of stitches, my fingers needed to remain static for a short period after surgery. This brace is the perfect solution. Soft and comfortable, it prevents the hand/fingers from curling. Even managed to sleep comfortably! With a little guidance from a friendly Braceability staff member, we determined that medium was the size I needed. The fit was perfect!
Resting hand splint
Good. Helps for sleeping.
Resting hand splint
My husband is very happy with his splint, he's able to wear it comfortably all day, and helps keep his hand/wrist from curling up into a ball. His stroke was over 17 years ago, BTW.
It fits a little big but I have severe pain from rheumatoid arthritis and carpel tunnel and the brace helps me so much I absolutely love it my hands are stiff in the morning but my hand and wrist feel so much better I recommend this brace
Well made product.
Very sturdy and keeps my hand from curling to uncomfortable positions when I sleep.