Lumbar Decompression Belt: Top 5 Rated Features
Ideal Use for a Wide Variety of Conditions & Injuries
Providing a range of adjustable compression, this lumbosacral support is designed to treat a variety of lower back injuries and conditions. When you apply this brace, you will receive ultimate support across your entire lumbar spine from the L1 to L5 vertebrae, covering essentially any type of lower back pain.
Lightweight, Breathable Mesh Material
Low profile, comfortable and lightweight, there is no need to worry about sweating in this decompression brace! The mesh material of this support is similar to ottobock and cybertech braces, designed to provide support and protection, without the uncomfortable feeling of sweat and constriction.
Easily Adjustable Support
The most unique aspect of this back belt is that it conforms to fit you just right. The dual-pulley system allows you to adjust the amount of support and compression you are receiving, allowing for the correct amount of pressure as you recover. The back panel attached to this brace is adjustable to sit higher or lower on the spine, depending on where it will be best for you. You can also remove the back panel completely if you are looking for less support as you heal over time.
Available in Average to Plus Sizes
Offered in sizes S-3XL, this brace is completely adjustable and conforms to your body, accelerating the healing process for your specific condition or injury. A wide range of adult men and women will be able to comfortably fit in this uniquely personal lumbar decompression belt.
Simple, Painless Application
Back pain can make it difficult to move, bend, and twist. This lower back strap was designed with an easy wraparound application, so you can apply, adjust, and wear it with ease. Simply stand, place the brace on your lower back just above your tailbone, wrap around each side to the front and attach. From here, you can adjust the amount of compression using the pulley handles as you see fit!
Best Lumbosacral Corset Brace for Before and After Surgery
Whether you are looking for added protection before or after an operation, this back support belt is perfect for you! The adjustable elements of this lumbar decompressor allow you to adjust the amount of compression and support you are receiving, so you never have to worry about feeling additional pain caused by too much or too little pressure. Rather than working your way through several back braces, during your recovery process, simply adjust either the back panel, dual-pulley handles, or both to create personalized support where you need it the most!
Some of the conditions this decompression belt was designed to treat include:
- Back surgery pain relief and protection
- L1- L5 vertebrae pain or injury
- Laminectomy recovery
- Spinal stenosis
- Facet syndrome
- Lumbar discectomy recovery
- Disc herniation
In search of other back braces? BraceAbility offers a wide variety of supports to relieve your back pain.
Does Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression Work?
When it comes to the treatment of spinal injuries, there are a range of options, which all comes down to what is best for you and your specific condition. Spinal decompression treatment offers the option of both surgical and non-surgical modes. However, the end goal for both options is the same: relieve pressure on one or several pinched nerves along the spinal cord. While surgery is often necessary to achieve lasting pain relief, such procedures do come with risks, a high cost, and a recovery process timeline. Luckily, there are non-surgical steps you can take first or instead of undergoing lumbar laminectomy or microdiscectomy surgery.
Wearing rigid support back braces, like this one is a great treatment method thanks to the intra-abdominal pressure it creates easing pressure on the spine. The lumbar spinal decompression brace also limits harmful motion, promoting healing. Wearing back braces for work and other physical activities is especially helpful to avoid any further injury. Ultimately, the choice between lumbar operations or spinal decompression at home is up to you and your specific condition and pain.
How Does This Back Decompression Brace Relieve Muscle Spasms?
If you are dealing with low-back pain, it is likely that muscle tension, strains and spasms are no stranger to you. This lumbar corset can help relieve the muscle tension you are feeling by reducing overall pressure on the spine. In turn, this will reduce the amount of strength your muscles need to support your spinal column. Along with the use of this brace, a heating pad will also work to help relax tense muscles which are likely contributing to your lower back pain.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Decompression Belt
- What conditions/injuries does this lumbar brace treat? Completely adjustable, this support is ideal for pre-op, post-op, and general recovery support for spinal fusion, laminectomy, laminotomy, foraminotomy, laparoscopic disc replacement, discectomy, as well as other procedures and multi-level decompressions. This belt will also treat conditions such as low back pain, burst fractures, facet syndrome, muscle spasms, lumbar disc displacement, osteoporosis, disc degeneration, disc herniation, spondylolisthesis, and spinal stenosis.
- What is the support made of? The belt of this lumbar brace is made of a breathable, mesh material. The rigid back panel is a durable plastic material. You can secure this brace with its fastener closure device.
- When can I wear this brace? You can wear this brace anytime throughout the day, during exercise, work, driving, and more. You should always follow a doctor’s instruction regarding use, but for many conditions, keep in mind that you shouldn’t wear any back brace constantly to allow your core and back muscles to regain strength.
- How do I put this spinal support on? Standing up straight, position brace behind you so back panel is centered on spine and sits just above tailbone. Wrap left side of brace around body, then wrap right side around and attach fastener in front to secure brace. Pull the pulley handles out and away from body until you reach desired compression level. Fasten handles to fabric band on front of brace. The back panel is attached to the belt with rivets, making it easy to remove, if you want only the mild support of the belt.
- How do I adjust the lumbar corset? Simply pull the double-pulley system straps until you reach your desired level of compression and support. You can also adjust this brace by moving the back panel lower or higher on the spine, or choose to remove it completely for less support as you heal.
- Who can wear the decompression support? Available in a wide variety of adjustable sizes, this brace will fit average to plus-sized adult men and women falling within the body circumference range of 30-60 inches.
- Washing instructions: Remove the rigid back panel. This can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. The corset brace can be hand washed in warm water with mild soap. Triple rinse, squeeze and lay flat to air dry. Avoid twisting the material.
- Simple, non-twist application process
- Low-profile and discreet, even with the rigid back panel
- Dual-pulley system allows you to amplify your force by three
- Color: Black
- SKU(s): CYB-EMAC; 12B03
So Light, Yet Does the Job!
Prior to my Laminectomy, with cages, my surgeon's office issued me a one size fits all brace which sat heavily on my iliac crest. I found myself sitting far too much because of the pain, not from the surgery but from the brace. I didn't want to continue opioids but I couldn't take NSAIDS for three months. Tylenol did little. And I NEEDED a brace to properly recover, given there was a bone graft. When I complained of my pain, I was told that I could get another brace, but it wouldn't be covered by insurance. Thank goodness for Braceability! This adjustable brace is light, back cradling and (for a brace) comfortable. And it was affordable. Yay! Btw, I texted Braceability with all sorts of questions and the representative was patient and knowledgeable, giving me a couple of options. Much appreciated
Quick service Probably should gotten a L,instead of an XL. Still did the job, atleast I can move without pain so sevier I wanted to di
life saving Ican do things I haven't done in a long time. Love it
Love the way it fits and also your able to tighten and loosen the ability for your back I have alot going on with my whole lumbar and sciatic
Lumbosacral corset belt
Perfect. Very good support.