Patellofemoral Pain Knee Stabilizing Brace: Top 5 Rated Features
Protective U-Shaped Padded Buttress
Limit painful patellar movement with this comforting, padded buttress. Designed in the shape of a horseshoe, this support holds your kneecap in place, ensuring you avoid patellar dislocation or subluxation during your recovery process.
Supportive Spiral Side Stabilizers
Medial or lateral, side-to-side movement of the kneecap can be painful and frustrating when you are trying to stay active during your post-injury recovery. To prevent knee movement pain, our patellar sleeve features extra support to keep the kneecap in place. Located on both sides of the knee, flexible stays provide the ultimate level of stability for your weak kneecap, keeping it in position while still allowing you to bend so you can comfortably perform daily activities such as squatting, driving, climbing stairs, or sitting.
Lightweight, Breathable Material
Made of a cool, durable, and comfortable, neoprene alternative, this stabilizer allows heat and moisture to escape. The sweat-resistant kneecap brace is perfect to wear while participating in physical activities such as running, hiking, athletic sports, exercising, and more!
Simple & Quick Pull-on Application
Applying this patellar sleeve is as easy as pulling it up your leg. Hate wearing a knee sleeve due to the constant sliding down as you walk and move throughout the day? This chondromalacia wrap features two adjustable compression straps, located directly above and below your kneecap for ultimate support that will stay up throughout the day.
Open-Patella & Popliteal Design
This patellar stabilizer is unique in the way that it is designed with both an open patella and an open popliteal feature to relieve any painful pressure on your kneecap! The open kneecap design of this sleeve allows for improved breathability and flexibility, while the cut-out behind your kneecap prevents any bunching during movement.
How Does a U-Shaped Knee Brace Work?
There are a variety of conditions and injuries that can cause knee pain, especially those related to the kneecap (patella). If you participate in sports, or physical activity such as running and hiking, it is very likely that you have experienced kneecap pain. This patellar instability brace can help correct the kneecap’s alignment, improve its function, and provide a non-invasive and cost-efficient way to manage your symptoms.
To relieve, protect and treat this patellar pain, it is crucial to keep the kneecap, and the soft tissues and bone around the kneecap fully supported. This pull-on patella sleeve provides full support through the padded buttress and side stabilizing stays, which work to keep the kneecap in its proper position.
The patellar stabilizing brace can help treat and manage pain caused by:
- Patella subluxation
- Dislocated kneecap
- Patellofemoral tracking syndrome
- Knee bursitis
- Knock knees
- Patella alta/baja
- Medial knee pain
- Patellar tendonitis
- Other patellar tendon injuries
What Does My Inner Knee Pain Mean?
Knee pain and injuries are common for people of all ages. Whether caused by a medical condition such as arthritis, or a range of knee-related injuries including torn cartilage or ligaments.
Depending on your inner knee pain symptoms, you can narrow down what condition you may be dealing with. Whether you are experiencing popping and cracking or swelling and tenderness, a knee brace such as this one may help relieve pain and minimize symptoms, so you can get back to life.
The Ultimate Patella Protector While You Stay Active
Fully recovering from a knee injury can be a slow process. It can feel extremely slow if you are used to living an active lifestyle and are unable to exercise, or if your injury resulted from a sport that you are eager to participate in again. To have a successful recovery and avoid another injury, it is extremely important to be careful and take it easy during your time of recovery. Ensuring that your knee is properly protected while you begin to be active again is crucial.
This knee stabilizer was designed to protect your knee while it is in motion. The heavy-duty side stabilizers, adjustable compression straps, and u-shaped padded buttress keep your kneecap in place, avoiding any buckling or patellar instability. Promote healing and get back to your active lifestyle, pain-free!
Frequently Asked Questions About This Patellar Tendon Brace
- What conditions / injuries does the knee sleeve treat? This brace helps ease pain from patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS), chondromalacia, patellar tendonitis, and tendon tears, knock knees, bowed legs, patella subluxation, and dislocation.
- Who can wear it? Available in sizes S - 4XL, this knee stabilizer fits average to plus size men and women.
- How do I put it on?
- With all fastener straps undone, insert your foot into the largest end and pull the sleeve up your leg.
- Center the circular opening over your kneecap. The stitched seam should run down the backside of your leg, centered behind your kneecap.
- Starting at the bottom, feed the strap through the D-ring. Then, pull the strap and secure the fastener closure at your desired tension level.
- Repeat with the top strap. Tighten or loosen the straps throughout the day if necessary.
- How do I know what size to get? Using a fabric tape measure, measure the circumference of your leg 6 inches above the center of your kneecap and 6 inches below the center of your kneecap. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you. Refer to our sizing graphic in the pictures above to choose the right size.
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? Yes, but this knee brace is meant to fit against your skin for a better grip. It can be worn above tight pants or leggings if necessary.
- When should I wear it? This knee brace can be comfortably worn all day while sitting, standing, and during physical activity. However, you should consult with your doctor before wearing any compression knee brace for an extended period of time, such as sleeping.
- What material is this brace made of? Latex-free, 3/16 inch thick, breathable neoprene alternative, medical-grade fasteners, and aluminum spiral stays.
- How tall is this brace? 13 inches tall.
- Washing instructions: Close fasteners and hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Then, lay it flat to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Lightweight and breathable for physical activity
- Wear interchangeably on your right or left leg
- Plus-sizes available, built to fit a wide range of adults
Nice brace & Customer Service
I went according to the measurements and was in-between sizes, so I opted to size up. While the sleeve felt more comfortable on my thigh, it was just too big around the calf and knee to provide any stability. Customer service was great and rather quickly sent me the next size down. Stabilized the knee much better, just hard to pull/keep all the way up because of how tight it is on my thigh.
Exchanging for another.
Loved the quality of the brace. Love the manufacturing of the brace. It was just too big.
Just have started wearing the braces, but have had a great experience w/them so far! My knees are deformed w/no groove to hold my kneecaps in so I needed a brace that would hold my kneecaps in place comfortably all day while doing doing activitiesas well as climbing stairs too.
Helpful sales person. On time delivery.
Patella Stabilizing knee brace
The item works well. The only thing I wish it had was someway to hold the U shaped support sleeve up and in place. On a hike yesterday ( and a few others in the last week) I find the cross straps in the u slide over the kneecap putting pressure on the knee cap rather than support. ( 27,000 steps on up and down u even ground )