FINAL SALE - No Returns, No Exchanges
Bariatric Back Support Belt
This plus-size back belt is a great brace for many different conditions and injuries. For example, it helps relieve moderate pain in the lower back, lumbar muscle weakness, and sprains or strains to your back. In addition, this bariatric belt is very beneficial for those who may be overweight or are considered an obese individual.
Read more below about the different features, conditions it helps treat, and why it’s the best brace for you!
Features of This Supportive Plus Size Lower Back Belt
The crisscross overlay of this plus-size back belt help hold the back in proper position and it covers a wide expanse of the back, providing support and stability to lessen the strain on the tissues of the back. An additional benefit of these straps is that they apply compression to your abdominal region, which can be helpful for reducing any painful inflammation or swelling. The double-pull elastic tension straps are also helpful for getting the ideal amount of compression and support.
Comfortable, Elastic Material
This big plus-size back support is composed of premium-quality elastic that hugs the body so that it fits well under your clothes or garments while permitting motion. But don’t fear—the flexible anti-roll stays prevent the XXXL back support from bunching up and slipping out of position. The obesity belt can be worn during the day as well as at night when you’re sleeping, depending on your condition. This bariatric back brace comes in a discreet white color, also making it easy to wear beneath clothes.
Easily Applied & Adjusted
The simple contact closure on the XXL back brace makes it easy for someone struggling with back pain to apply and adjust the back support for large people. Since the band closes in the front of your stomach, you don’t have to worry about twisting or turning which could further injure your back. The fasteners are also easy to grab, especially for those who may have arthritis of the hands.
It also comes with four plastic stays located on the back side of the brace that you can remove if you wish to decrease the amount of support that is provided by the brace. For those who are trying to wean their dependency of wearing such belts for big and tall individuals, this component is essential in helping you do so.
In comparison to all the many products out there for sale, this brace not only treats numerous different conditions but is great for all shapes and sizes of individuals. This core support belt works on both men and women and comes in sizes xl, 2xl, 3xl, and 4xl. You no longer have to worry about struggling to find the right lower back girdle that fits just right. Aside from this brace having an array of sizes, you can wear it anytime of the day. If you’re someone who enjoys moderate physical activity, you can keep the corset brace on your waist the whole time giving you maximum relief. Since it is lightweight and discreet, you can wear it at work, home, standing all day, etc.
Why Do I Need This Bariatric Back Belt For My Back Pain?
Low back pain is one of the most debilitating and expensive conditions in America. According to ABC News, 80% of Americans will suffer back pain at some point in their lives and this condition costs more than $90 billion each year in terms of lost productivity and days of work.
There are a number of things to blame for chronic or acute lumbar back pain. For example, some include general degeneration of the discs, vertebrae, joints, a sedentary lifestyle, poor posture (especially when sitting), improper lifting form, wearing shoes with overly high heels or carrying a heavy purse can all contribute to lower back pain.
I Have Muscle Strain, Sprain, or Weakness. Will This Brace Help?
Yes! This xl or 4x brace is great for those who are suffering from a muscle strain, sprain, or weakness in their back. Since all of these are very likely to recur, it’s extremely essential to provide your back with the support it needs during the recovery process.
Back muscle strains, sprains, and pulls are caused by many different factors. Some that may make you more prone to such injuries include lifting heavy objects frequently, partaking in high contact sports, having poor posture, and being overweight.
Wearing extra large supports such as this one can help tremendously with your pain. By wearing lumbosacral obesity braces, the pressure or strain that otherwise would be placed on your spine will be relieved. Girdles like this one for back pain, help apply that compression you need to heal your strain, sprain, or muscle pull.
If I’m Oversized, Does This Discreet Brace Fully Support Me?
This brace definitely helps those who are heavy or xlarge as the many closures completely support your belly. This men’s back brace allows you to completely customize the level of compression you’d like. You can adjust it throughout the day depending on what you’re doing or you can tighten it to increase the level of support. If you are overweight, this plus-size back brace for the low back can enable you to partake in a more active lifestyle by supporting the lumbar back and applying compression to reduce inflammation that is often the source of pain.
There have been many studies that have shown a correlation between being overweight and lower back pain. The excess weight or fat that is being carried around by a larger individual directly results how much pressure is placed on your spine. The more the weight, the more the strain or work your spine has to endure to keep your body upright. This ultimately leads those individuals prone to many different back conditions from obesity, including moderate or mild back pain. You can read more about how obesity is related to back issues and injuries here.
Do you think you’re considered obese? Take this quick BMI test to figure out.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Plus Size Back Support
- What conditions / injuries does this brace treat? This extra-large support belt helps alleviate obesity-related back pain and discomfort caused by excess fat tissue, muscle strains, herniated or bulging discs, and more.
- How does it work? The combination of anterior and posterior panels supply circumferential compression and stabilization, reducing pressure on your spine by shifting some of the load to your abdomen.
- When should I wear it? Thanks to the lightweight, latex-free material it's possible for you to wear this brace 24/7 if advised by your doctor. You can also sleep comfortably in this brace due to its soft material. However, we strongly recommend speaking with a medical professional before wearing any brace for an extended amount of time.
- What is it made of? This brace is made out of a latex-free, elastic material. The removable stays are plastic.
- Who can wear this medical device for spinal support? The sizing options make it easy for overweight to morbidly obese men and women to find a size that fits.
- What size should I buy? Using a soft / flexible tape measure, find the circumference around your belly button, in inches.
- How do I put it on? Unhook all closures and lay the brace flat on the floor to identify the top side. The top has openings, which allow you to remove the metal stays. Next, position the brace behind your body so it’s centered on your back with the bottom of the brace sitting at the widest part of your hips. Fold the left side of the brace towards the middle of your stomach. Do the same with the right side but pull firmly and secure the closure. Repeat this process with the double-pull tension straps for your desired compression level.
- How do I adjust the brace? Grab the double-pull tension straps (located on the outside of the brace) and adjust them to make it either tighter or looser, then re-apply the closures.
- How tall is this brace? The brace tapers from 10” tall in the back to 6” in the front.
- Washing Instructions: To wash the brace, first, remove stays and close all closures. Hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Do not use bleach. The brace should be air-dried. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Reduces intradiscal pressure through circumferential compression
- Fits plus-size men and women.
- Provided compression stimulates healing, reducing inflammation.
- Color: Neutral white color
Low Back Support Belt Eases Pain
I have suffered lower back pain for years and thought I would see if this brace would help, and it actually does. I would be in so much pain after driving anywhere that I could hardly walk back in the house when I got home. This brace has helped alleviate some of that discomfort.
This brace helps my back. Great price and product.
Worked like it should
Fit my waist great, was user friendly directions for wearing and was made to last.
Comfortable back brace
Super comfortable, sits just right