5 Best Features of This Wraparound Hinged Knee Brace
Quick & Easy Wrap-Around Application
When you are dealing with knee pain, even the smallest movements can feel extremely painful. Why should applying a brace, that is meant to help you, cause you more pain? This wrap-around knee support with a front-closure design allows for a quick, easy, and pain-free application process.
Open-Patella & Cutout-Back Design
Most solid compression knee braces or sleeves, such as ACE bandages, can get too warm too fast, leaving you sweating and uncomfortable. This patella-stabilizing brace is breathable and flexible thanks to the openings both over the kneecap and behind the knee. The open-patella design helps with flexibility as you move, while the open-popliteal cutout helps prevent the wrap from bunching.
Soft Material & Supportive Hinges
The comfortable neoprene material this sleeve is constructed of pairs perfectly with two durable, heavy-duty hinges to create the ultimate support for your knee. Whether you’re dealing with inner, outer, or general knee weakness pain, this compression brace provides complete support, protection, and stabilization.
Heavy-Duty Straps Prevent Sliding
Your knee pain shouldn’t put a hold on your life, which is exactly why this adjustable knee brace was created with strong, stability straps both above and below your kneecap to help prevent the wrap from slipping and sliding throughout the day. Simply pull each strap and secure it at the level you feel most comfortable and supported at for the perfect, personalized fit every time.
Created for a Wide Variety of Sizes & Conditions
Knee pain can affect anyone regardless of your gender or body type, so we made this patellar support to provide pain relief for a wide range of sizes and knee conditions. Available in a range of sizes, this adjustable knee brace can fit women and men with average to plus-size legs. Perfect for extra support and protection for general knee pain, arthritis of the knee, kneecap instability, and more!
What Is an Open Patella Support & How Can It Help My Knee Arthritis?
A compression knee brace helps alleviate pain and protect the knee joint while you’re walking, sitting, standing, or bending. The open kneecap design allows for breathable flexibility, so you’re able to wear this patellar wrap while you’re active throughout the day. This wrap-around brace for OA (osteoarthritis) was designed to provide mild to moderate support to your joints, tendons, and ligaments, helping you avoid pain and allowing your knee to recover to a full and active range of motion. Open patella knee braces and supports are helpful for the treatment and recovery of a variety of pain, conditions, and injuries.
By supporting and maintaining the integrity of your knee joint, this patella support can provide relief, prevent further damage, and reduce the risk of developing conditions and injuries such as:
- Chronic and general knee pain
- Baker’s cyst
- Torn meniscus
- Knee arthritis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- ACL / MCL ligament injuries
- Patellar instability
What Does Arthritis of the Knee Feel Like?
Arthritis pain is a gradual process. Rather than an instant shooting of pain, you may notice that bending down is now painful or you have sore, aching knees after climbing a flight of stairs. It’s common to first begin to notice that pain right away in the morning or after you’ve been inactive for a while. Depending on the type of arthritis in the knee you’re dealing with (the two most common types are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis), you may experience slightly different symptoms. The most common signs of arthritis in the knee include inflammation, buckling or locking, and difficulty standing up, bending down, or walking.
Is This Hinged Compression Knee Brace Right for Me?
Hinged knee supports help keep your knee in the proper position and alignment when you bend and straighten your leg, which helps you heal and avoid any further injuries. A knee brace that includes hinges is more commonly used for those who need extra support for their knee joint and kneecap while standing, walking, working, or exercising. The extra support and stability provided by the dual-axis, polycentric hinges are especially useful if you are carrying around extra weight, causing more pressure on your knees. Our wraparound, compression knee brace is unique because the hinges can be removed if you’re looking for lower-profile, discreet support. Rather than buying multiple knee braces throughout your recovery process, you’ll get one cost-effective, adjustable wrap that does it all!
Frequently Asked Questions About This Neoprene Osteoarthritis Treatment Support
- What conditions / injuries does the knee sleeve treat? Treats a variety of common knee pain conditions such as chondromalacia, ACL & LCL ligament injuries, knee sprains & strains, tendonitis, osteoarthritis, knock knees, baker’s cyst, patellar surgery recovery and more!
- Who can wear it? Anyone from a young adult to an elderly individual can benefit from wearing this hinged brace. Plus, there is a wide range of sizes available, including plus-size options for both men and women. This knee brace runs small, so please measure accurately before choosing your size!
- How do I know what size to get? You must measure accurately and refer to the sizing chart above before choosing your size, as this knee support runs small. Use a soft flexible tape measure, find the circumference of your leg 6 inches above the center of your kneecap and 6 inches below the center of your kneecap. To get the most accurate measurements, we recommend having a close family member or friend assist you.
- How do I put this knee brace on?
- Position behind your right or left knee with the tag on top in your left hand.
- Wrap the bottom snugly around your leg, directly below your kneecap.
- Repeat to secure the top portion, assuring the circular opening is around your kneecap.
- Feed the bottom strap through the D-ring and secure. Repeat to secure the top strap.
- Can I wear this brace over my pants? For the best grip and fit, we recommend wearing this knee wrap against your skin, however, it can be worn over leggings or tight pants if necessary.
- How tall is this knee brace? 12 inches tall.
- What material is this support made of? This soft and comfortable wraparound knee brace is made of medical-grade neoprene for compression and warmth, along with nylon straps above and below the kneecap.
- When should I wear this knee brace? Designed for daily support, this deluxe knee brace can be worn while working, walking, sitting, standing, and during any other day-to-day activities. Check with your doctor or medical professional before wearing a compression wrap for extended periods of time or while sleeping.
- Washing instructions: Remove hinges, close fasteners and hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Then, lay it flat to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Heavy-duty straps above and below the kneecap provide stability and help prevent sliding.
- Front-closure, wrap-around design makes putting this knee brace on easier than ever.
- Dual-axis polycentric hinges provide extra support to both your inner and outer knee.
- Color: Black.
It is of good quality
Love it!!!! It fit well!!!!
Wrap Around Knee Brace
Positive - the brace was made well and the velcro made for an easy on & off. Relief is on it's way!
That's what this brace did for my Knee. Gave it the HELP it needed.. Don't even have to use my Walk'n Stick as often.. Thanx.. ARD.
The support is much improved from what I had been using and I appreciate the extra long Velcro straps made of heavy duty material, not flimsy at all. According to my measurements, I ordered a 5XL. I have to really pull the straps tight or it slides down my leg. Probably could have gone down one size.