Finger Immobilizer Splint for Index, Middle, Ring or Pinky Sprains, Fractures & Contracture
Recovering from a finger injury or surgery or managing a chronic hand condition is tough. Daily activities such as work and errands can cause debilitating pain. A long, two finger immobilizer can help you get through everyday tasks without aggravating your injury. This full-length hand splint limits finger movement, promoting natural healing and preventing re-injury.
Along with post-surgical protection, our medical-grade finger splint can be used as an alternative treatment to help you avoid surgery for conditions such as:
Dupuytren’s contracture (also called Viking hand deformity).
- Intrinsic hand contracture.
- Trigger finger.
- Mallet finger (a fingertip tendon injury, also called "baseball finger").
- Jammed fingers.
- Jersey finger.
- Broken knuckles.
- Sprained, bruised or dislocated finger joints.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th metacarpal fractures (and boxer fracture).
- Arthritis or tendonitis finger pain.
Because it provides hand support along with stable extension of the proximal interphalangeal, distal interphalangeal, and metacarpophalangeal joints, this versatile single or double finger immobilizer can also help with:
- Post-stroke or palsy finger curling.
- Clenched hands.
- Radial gutter (if the aluminum splint is bent correctly).
- PIP, DIP, and MCP extension or joint pain.
- Proximal or distal phalanx fractures (broken phalanges).
- Claw hand (curved, curled, bent, or crooked fingers).
- Can be used as an EDS finger splint (for Ehlers-Danos Syndrome Hypermobility).
- Boutonniere deformity.
- Swan neck deformity.
- Ulnar claw (Spinsters Claw).
This brace also helps prevent a finger locking sensation caused by swelling in your tendons. Learn more about treatment options for trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis) and trigger thumb.
As always, we recommend consulting with a doctor about the underlying cause of your crooked fingers. Especially if a brace is needed to keep your fingers straight.
7 Reasons Why People Love This Two Finger Extension Brace
Features a Bendable Aluminum Splint
Bend and mold the malleable aluminum metal splint to match the natural curve of your hand and fingers.
Wear on Your Right or Left Hand
Unlike most hand and finger splints on the market, this mallet finger brace can be worn interchangeably on your right or left hand. It is available in three sizes, fitting men, women, and children for the treatment of finger conditions and injury prevention after surgery or cast removal.
Adjustable Straps for the Perfect Fit
The two middle straps are removable. Easily detach or move them along the hard splint to fit the shape of your wrist, palm, and fingers more comfortably. For example, if the brace seems too big (there is too much space above your fingers), remove the second strap, slide the splint down your wrist, and readjust the remaining three straps.
The adjustable straps may also come in handy when you need to remove bandages or place ice over your hand to reduce swelling.
Less Restrictive Than Most Finger Supports
Have a finger injury that requires splinting but unable to find a brace that doesn’t hinder mobility? Use this hand and finger straightener on any two adjacent fingers, leaving the rest of your hand open to move freely, as needed.
Breathable and Lightweight Design
It’s no surprise that immobilization is a must after you’ve sprained, broken, or jammed your fingers but wearing a hard cast can be irritating. Wearing this splint for torn ligaments and broken fingers is a more comfortable option compared to a cast. With this splint, you receive the same full support and immobilization of a cast but without all the irritation and itching.
The aluminum splint is covered in a breathable and lightweight padded sponge foam and nylon material, keeping your hand cool and comfortable during extended wear.
Easy Single or Double Finger Immobilization
Conveniently apply and adjust this finger wrap with one hand for simple and fast finger protection. For lower degrees of sprains and tears, this type of proximal phalanx splint can be removed as needed for showering, etc. Plus, the middle straps can be detached for lesser stabilization as you progress through the recovery process. The straps can be wrapped around one finger, or any two fingers which are next to each other (like a buddy splint)
One Step Above Buddy Taping
If you haven’t heard of it, buddy taping is used for various finger or knuckle injuries, including some finger fractures. It’s a technique that involves taping your damaged finger together with a healthy finger. This allows your healthy finger to act as a splint, keeping your hurt digit in a natural position for healing. This two finger brace shares the same philosophy as buddy taping, without the hassle of tape. Plus, it includes a splint beneath your fingers for extra support.
If you’re searching for a splint-free alternative to use during physical activities, our reusable buddy finger wraps share the same philosophy as buddy taping.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Hand Splint and Two Finger Cast
What conditions / injuries does this thumb splint treat? Ideal for metacarpal breaks, fractured fingers, sprained knuckle treatment, mallet finger, tendonitis, trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis), post-operative care, and sore tendon finger pain. This resting hand splint may also provide some relief for stroke patients, radial palsy finger curling, hand spasticity, rheumatoid arthritis, Dupuytren's muscle contracture, and clenched hands.
- How does it work? This finger and hand immobilizer is specifically designed to hold two adjacent fingers straight in a stabilized position for finger protection, support and pain relief.
- Can I wear it on any finger? It can be worn on your pinky, ring, middle, and index (pointer) finger. It cannot be used to treat thumb injuries or pain.
- Is this brace adjustable? The finger sling comes with four straps, two of which are removable. Depending on your injury and desired stabilization, you can remove the two middle straps for a lower degree of support. In addition, you can bend and mold the aluminum splint to match the natural curve of your hand.
- Who can wear this brace? Perfect for adult men and women of all shapes and sizes, as well as some kids. Available in sizes ranging from small to large, fitting a wide variety of hand shapes and sizes.
- Can I wear it while sleeping? Yes, you can wear this extensor tendon splint overnight while sleeping to help reduce pain and discomfort in the morning.
- What size should I get? To choose your size, carefully measure the distance from the base of your palm to the tip of the longest finger you wish to immobilize, in inches. This trigger finger splint can be worn on your right or left hand for two-finger immobilization.
- When should I wear it? The versatility of this dynamic finger splint allows you to wear it whenever and for as long as you need to. For some conditions (specifically trigger finger), wearing an immobilizer through the night is essential in reducing your pain. The low-profile design also permits movement in the fingers that remain free, allowing you to continue with your daily activities.
- What is it made of? Constructed out of an aluminum splint covered in a soft, padded sponge foam with nylon straps and hook and loop fastener. All components are latex free.
- How tall is this thumb splint? (Refer to the sizing chart to help decide which size would best fit your hand.)
- Size S is 8.5” tall.
- Size M is 9.5” tall.
- Size L is 10.75” tall.
- How do I put it on? To apply, simply bend the aluminum splint to your desired shape. Open all straps, and place the affected fingers on the brace. Fasten the straps around your hand to your desired compression level.
- Can I wear it on either hand? Yes, the splint fits on your right or left hand.
- Washing Instructions: The straps can be hand washed in warm water with mild detergent. The splint portion can be wiped with a damp cloth. Lay flat to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Other features:
- Fits men, women, and children
- Natural, non-invasive fix for many sources of finger pain
- Easy to apply, take off, and adjust
- Color: Black.
I ordered the finger brace product with the band that goes around the wrist it is incredible I love this it is help me so much when I wear the brace I have no pain it fits comfortably it's true to size it's a wonderful wonderful brace and I would recommend this brace to anybody and everybody a very satisfied customer
Works fairly well, but overpriced.
Although the quality of this brace is fair, it seems to help a bit. If I wear it overnight, my finger does not "lock" at the first joint from my knuckle. It does tend to loosen overnight. It seems a bit overpriced. Delivery was timely, but I would have preferred a less expensive alternative since I was not in a rush to receive it.
Seems to be helping
I have been using this brace for about 3 weeks & it seems to be helping. If I only used it at night it would get 5 stars, but I use it most of the day & I think it should be sturdier than it is. I have had to re-straighten it several times. I think it would be better with a steel stiffener or a more rigid extruded aluminum stiffener in it.
Helps arthritic finger straighten
It seems to what I need for a cut ulnar Nerve, to keep Ulnar clawhand at bay.
I cut my ulnar nerve with a table saw. Surgery failed. So to keep from developing "Ulnar Claw Hand", I've used these when sleeping at night every few nights for the past 2 yrs. Because it's used on the pinky & ring fingers, I have to trim the lower finger band, or it cuts the webbing between my fingers. I like that I can bend the metal brace inside, for shape & the amount of pressure put on finger's bend.