The Best Counterforce Brace for Tennis Elbow & Golfer’s Elbow
Have you ever felt pain or tenderness on the outside of your elbow after a tennis match? Or maybe the inside of your elbow feels stiff and sensitive after a long day out on the golf course? If so, you might be suffering from tennis elbow (also known as lateral epicondylitis) or golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis). Both are common conditions that affect many people and can be very painful. This pain and discomfort can make it difficult to take part in life as usual, but look no further, the relief you need is here! This counterforce brace is specifically designed to help treat both Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow!
Can I Get Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow if I Don’t Play Tennis or Golf?
If you’re feeling the symptoms of Tennis Elbow/Golfer’s Elbow and you don’t play tennis or golf, don’t be confused! Many athletes deal with Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow aside from tennis players and golfers. Here are some of the different athletic activities that can lead to elbow pain:
- Mountain biking
- Spin class
Even those who don’t play any sports or take part in exercise and athletics can suffer from these painful elbow conditions. They can be caused by a variety of repeated day to day and occupational actions:
- Video games
- Playing bass guitar
- Making french press coffee
- Writing and typing
- Painting with roller brushes
What is a Counterforce Brace?
At this point, you might be asking yourself “what is a counterforce brace”? Good question! A counterforce brace is simply an elbow compression strap that wraps around the forearm and applies pressure just slightly below the site of your tennis/golf elbow pain.
The extensor muscles in your forearm are attached at a small point on your upper arm bone (humerus) called the medial/lateral epicondyle. Tennis Elbow/Golfer’s Elbow occurs when repeated motions cause these extensor muscles to pull on the epicondyle, causing irritation over time. This strap works to compress the extensor muscles just below the epicondyle, moving the point of tension, preventing pulling on the medial/lateral epicondyle, and allowing it to heal comfortably!
How to Diagnose Tennis Elbow & Golfer’s Elbow
Signs & Symptoms
Tennis Elbow is characterized by:
- Pain and Aching. Located on the outside of your elbow. This pain may eventually radiate from the outside of your elbow into your forearm and wrist.
- Weakness. You may experience weakness in your wrist and hands.
- Trouble with Certain Movements. You may experience difficulty with gripping, lifting, and turning a doorknob.
Symptoms of golfer’s elbow include:
- Pain. Located at your inner elbow, radiating through your wrist and pinky. Pain may worsen when flexing your wrist toward your forearm.
- Weakness. You may notice weakened grip strength.
- Tingling or Numbness. It is not uncommon to experience a tingling sensation extending from your elbow into one or more fingers — usually your ring and pinky fingers.
- Stiffness. Many people experience a stiff elbow and difficulty moving at the elbow joint.
Tennis Elbow & Golfer’s Elbow Tests
To test whether or not you may have epicondylitis, try these 20-second, at-home tests! These tests may help you get clarity on your elbow pain, but you should talk with your doctor before starting any kind of treatment plan.
Tennis Elbow Test
- Bend elbow at a 90-degree angle by your side
- Face palm down
- Spread fingers apart
- With free hand, press down on middle finger
- This test is positive if you experience sudden outer elbow pain
Golfer’s Elbow Test
- Bend elbow at a 90-degree angle by your side with palm facing up
- With free hand, grab fingers
- Stretch fingers and wrist down toward floor at the same time
- Extend at elbow
- This test is positive if you experience sudden inner elbow pain
Key Features & Benefits of This Counterforce Elbow Brace
Comfortable Compression Pad
This support strap design features a thick, soft neoprene compression pad that applies direct pressure to your epicondyle.
It can be worn by a variety of people including men, women, and children. Make sure to measure and check that you fit within the suggested size range before ordering!
Medial & Lateral Application
This versatile elbow splint can be worn on either arm with the compression pad on the outside or inside of your elbow to target both tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
Easy Wrap-Around Design
The simple design of this brace makes for quick and easy application!
This brace is engineered from high-quality materials including a soft neoprene with medical-grade hook and loop fasteners.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Counterforce Brace
- What conditions/injuries does this brace treat? This brace helps treat both tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) and golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis).
- How does it work? This brace works to compress the extensor muscles that may be pulling on the epicondyle, moving the point of tension and allowing the point of insertion to heal.
- Who can wear these braces? These braces can be worn by anyone who falls within the suggested size ranges on our size chart!
- How do I measure for this brace? To see if this brace will fit you measure the circumference around your forearm at the widest point, in inches.
- When should I wear it? This brace can be worn anytime throughout the day, especially during repetitive motion activities that might irritate your elbow.
- Can you wear it on either arm? Yes, this brace can be worn on either arm.
- What is it made of? It is designed from a stretchy neoprene material with medical-grade hook and loop fasteners.
- How do I put it on? Undo all straps and place the padded portion directly over the affected area. Wrap the inner padded strap around your arm and secure. Thread the outer strap through the D-ring buckle and pull back onto itself to attach. Adjust for comfort.
- Dimensions: Strap is ¼” thick, and the compression pad is ½” thick.
- Washing instructions: Hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow brace to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Other features:
- Unique neoprene padding applies one-of-a-kind, targeted compression to the muscles of your forearm.
- Wrap-around design is quick and easy to apply and adjust.
- Can be worn under clothes comfortably.
- Color: Black
It does a good job but it makes my arm itch under the rubber area.
Difficult to put on
It is effective but not easy to get on.
I have tennis elbow from golf, and a professional athlete referred this product to me. Best products ever for injuries. Product is legit
Great for tennis elbow
These are a great, firm support for severe tennis elbow. I can be productive with these. Thank you.