At BraceAbility, we want to help you get back to life, and promise to do whatever we can to make sure you have a positive experience with our company. If the item you ordered doesn't fit, or isn't what you expected, we'll happily take it back as long as your item is eligible for return per our policy.
Just enter your order number to request a convenient prepaid shipping label. You'll find your order number in your Order Confirmation email, or on the packing slip that came in your package. Don't forget to save your original shipping box or bag and reuse it to send your item(s) back to us!
BraceAbility Exchange and Return Policy
*Requirements for returns and exchanges:
- Product must be unused, unworn (except for trying it on), and must include all original packaging and parts.
- The cost of your label will be deducted from your refund (or you can purchase your own label, if you prefer.)
- Returns and exchanges must be received within 45 days of your original order date.
- If we receive an item which is ineligible for a refund per the policies listed above, we will not be able to send the item back to you.
We generally process returns and exchanges within 1-3 business days of receiving the item. Please allow up to ten business days for the refund to appear on your original payment method.
Please note, we will refund the full product cost and applicable sales tax, but unfortunately we cannot refund shipping costs from your original order.
The only exception is if you are requesting a return or exchange as a result of a shipping error at our warehouse. If you feel there was an error with your order or you received the wrong item - please contact us to initiate your return. Include your order number and a description of the problem, and we will make sure the correct item is shipped out to you as quickly as possible.
If you plan to use your own label, please send the package to:
Attn: BraceAbility Returns
6122 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Returns / Exchanges for Multiple Items
In order to exchange or return more than one item, you will need to go through the process of answering the return / exchange questions for each item separately. This will then take you on to the next phase of the process to return or exchange your item(s) as normal.
While we're happy to offer returns or exchanges to our international customers, we ask that you cover the cost of the return shipping. Please enter your order number and shipping postal code at braceability.com/returns to request a return or exchange authorization and print the return form to include in your package. Then, arrange shipping through the carrier of your choice to the address above.
Still need help? Check out our help articles for frequently asked Returns & Exchanges questions!
To contact us email at email@example.com.
Our website works best on the newest version of each browser, so if you’re having trouble accessing the Online Returns Tool, try updating your browser or using a different one such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari. If you’re still having trouble, please get in touch and we’ll help process the return or exchange for you.
When you receive your brace, of course we expect you to try it on and walk around the house a bit to see how it fits. However in order to take it back as a return, it must be otherwise unworn. It can’t show any signs of use such as scuff marks, pet hair or odors. If it came with extra parts and pieces, we’ve got to have those back as well. Think of it like shopping for a shirt in a store - they know you’ll try it on and it might get a little wrinkly in the process, but you can’t take it home to wear it for a week and then return it.
We know life gets busy and you may not be able to send it back right away, so we allow up to 45 days from the original shipment date for returns. You can enter your order number and zip code in the form above to see how long each item is eligible for return.
If we receive an item which is ineligible for a refund per the policies listed above, we will not be able to send the item back to you. So if you have any doubts about whether you’ll be eligible, please get in touch with us and we can help you decide.
We accept exchanges for different sizes of the same brace. If you’d like to try a different brace altogether, please return your first item and place a new order.
To check on the status of your return or exchange, scroll to the top and enter your order number and zip code, then click "Find Order." When your order loads, you’ll see one or more of the following options to help you determine the status.
- Eligible for return until XX/XX/XXXX: You haven’t started a return or exchange for this item, but you are eligible to do so until the date listed.
- Track your return: Your return is on its way back to us. Click to see when it’s expected to arrive at our warehouse. If you selected to provide your own shipping label, check the tracking number you received from the carrier when you shipped the package.
- Reprint Label/Instructions: Click here to reprint the return label and instructions you created previously.
- Refunded: We have issues a refund to your original payment method. Please note it could take a couple of days to appear on your Credit Card or PayPal account.
- Track your Exchange: Your exchange has been sent. Click to see when your replacement item will arrive.
- Denied: Your return or exchange violated one or more of our policies and we were unable to process a refund or exchange. See below for more information on why we may deny a return or exchange.
If you got word that your return or exchange was denied, you can get more information about why by looking up your order here. See below for more information on what each reason means:
- Used/Worn:The item was visibly used or worn, beyond just trying on the brace. This could include scuffs or dirt marks, pet hair, body dander, etc. We clean all of the products when they’re returned, and if our standard cleaning procedures cannot return the item to “like new” condition, it will be denied.
- Missing Parts/Pieces: The brace was not returned with all the necessary parts. Some products have extra pads, stockinettes or other accessories that must be returned for a full refund or exchange. If you have the missing pieces and just forgot to send them back, please contact us to let us know you’ll be sending them our way.
- Smoke Smell or Other Odor: Your item was returned with a noticeable odor that prevents it from being considered “like new” condition. This could be smoke smell, pet odor, body odor, etc.
If applicable, we’ll take a few photos of your brace to demonstrate why it was denied. You can see those photos by loading your return order and selecting the link that says “Click to see why your return was denied.”
We do our best to process each return the same day it’s received at our warehouse, but occasionally it can take up to three business days. If you’re waiting for a refund you’ll be notified when we initiate it, but sometimes credit card companies take a few days to apply the funds. If you entered an email address when creating your return, you’ll get a tracking notification when the exchange item ships, otherwise you can see it by searching your order number above.
If you've already used the return tool above to start a return or exchange and need to reprint your label, simply search your order again and click the blue link that says "Reprint Label/Instructions"
We provide return labels as a convenience to our customers, and the cost of the label will be deducted from your refund. You can see the label cost during the return process so you know how much you will be refunded. If you prefer to purchase your own shipping label, you can select “I want to use my own label” during the return process. In this case, we will not provide a label, nor deduct the cost from your refund. Please note you will not be reimbursed for this return shipping cost, and BraceAbility is not responsible for any packages lost in transit. Please keep your tracking number so you can monitor when it arrives at our facility.
If you requested that we send you your return label via mail, an additional $2.00 fee will be deducted from your refund. Please note that all original shipping charges are non-refundable.
If you received the wrong item, if it arrived damaged/defective or if you received the wrong quantity, we will happily make an exception to these rules. Please contact our Customer Service team and they will take care of our mistakes.
While we're happy to offer returns or exchanges to our international customers, we ask that you cover the cost of the return shipping. Please enter your order number and shipping postal code above to request a return or exchange authorization and print the return form to include in your package. Then, arrange shipping through the carrier of your choice to:ATTN: BraceAbility Returns
6122 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Both the post office and UPS stores offer home pickups. Click the links below to get started.
Post office - https://tools.usps.com/schedule-pickup-steps.htm