Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Bursitis and Achilles Tendonitis
One of the main features that sets this Achilles tendon brace apart from other Achilles braces is its special pad that stimulates the soft tissues around the heel and ankle. The pad massages the tissue just above the heel and it also includes wings on the right and left side of the ankle that stimulate the upper third of the tendon where it connects with the muscle.
The winged massage insert is great for heel bursitis treatment, insertional Achilles tendonitis treatment, haglund's deformity treatment and other sources of Achilles heel pain. This is also a perfect ankle support for runners and other athletes thanks to its breathable, moisture wicking material, comfortable fit and high elasticity.
The ankle brace for running has pressure reduced edges that will not restrict movement, compromise circulation, bunch or slip.
The Achilles brace for running can even be machine-washed using a gentle cycle.
The brace for Achilles tendon bursitis treatment comes in a longer length that enables it to support more of the muscles, tendons, joints and nerve ending of one’s ankle and calf.
How Can the AchilloTrain Help with Achilles Bursitis Treatment?
Irritation of the thin, fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion and a lubricant between the heel bone and the Achilles tendon is generally known as bursitis of the heel. But this can actually refer to two different types of bursitis—retrocalcaneal and retroachilles bursitis.
The retrocalcaneal bursa is located behind the heel bone, and irritation of the bursa might be caused by an underlying health condition like arthritis or a foot anomaly like a Haglund’s deformity. It might also become inflamed due to overuse of the ankle, as might be caused by running, walking or jumping. As you might imagine, this makes it common among athletes.
The retroachilles bursa is located between the Achilles tendon and the skin at the back of the heel, and irritation of this bursa is usually caused by shoes that dig into the back of the heel.
Achilles bursitis is often mistaken for Achilles tendonitis and, in fact, Achilles tendonitis and retrocalcaneal bursitis often coincide.
Treatment for Achilles tendonitis and retrocalcaneal bursitis treatment are quite similar. Wearing a heel brace for Achilles tendonitis and burisits can help. The Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Pro, in particular, with its knobbed viscoelastic insert alongside the Achilles tendon, helps reduce pain and swelling caused by bursitis of the Achilles heel or other ankle conditions. It also accelerates the healing process. A groove running down the middle of the friction pad also improves drainage of edemas.
As previously noted, this is also an optimal Haglund’s deformity brace for those struggling with “pump bump.”
Another major component of Achilles tendon pain treatment is wearing the best shoes for Achilles tendonitis—in other words, shoes that are comfortable, supportive and do not press against the back of one’s heel.
In some cases, Achilles heel pads can help with Achilles pain treatment by reducing stress on the tendon and cushioning the foot.
Features of the Bauerfeind Achillotrain Pro Achilles Heel Brace
This Achilles ankle brace has a number of user-friendly features that set it apart from other braces for Achilles tendonitis or bursitis.
- Active support with high-reaching friction pad
- Patented massage pad with silicone dots that exert intermittent compression to activate muscular control of the Achilles tendon
- Winged viscoelastic insert massages the tissue just above the heel and on either side of the Achilles tendon
- Soft proprioceptive stimulating nodules improves muscle control and longitudinal grooves stimulate the upper tendon, the muscle/tendon transition and nerve endings
- Massaging nodules and compression accelerate the healing process
- Provides excellent Achilles tendon support and stability during movement
- Achilles tendon brace for sports is composed of lightweight, breathable knit that doesn't retain heat or moisture
- Machine-washable Achilles tendon ankle brace (gentle cycle)
- Stretchy material of the retrocalcaneal bursitis brace conforms to one’s body
- Integrated stretch zone knitted in the front of the support makes it easy to put on and take off
- Pressure reduced edges prevent this Achilles sleeve from restricting movement or circulation
- Support for Achilles tendon injury won’t bunch up or slip out of position
- This ultimate solution for tendon support is comfortable and pleasant to wear
- Treats: Bursitis of the Achilles, Achilles tendonitis, Achilles tendon strain, post-Achilles tendon rupture, partial Achilles tears, Haglund’s deformity, Sever’s disease
- Also a great athletic Achilles support for running, hiking, jumping, working out, kicking, boxing, karate, martial arts, or any type of physical exercise.
|Circumference in inches||6 ⅔ - 7 ½||7 ½ - 8 ¼||8 ¼ - 9||9 - 9 ⅘||9 ⅘ - 10 ⅔|
|Measurement is taken at the circumference of the ankle|