Dorsal Night Splint For Those Experiencing Painful Plantar Fasciitis
A night splint cannot be effective unless a patient wears it. And one of the most important features of the Active Ankle Dorsal Night Splint compared to other types of ankle splints is the comfort that it provides to the wearer. It is a lightweight and cool ankle brace that is easy to put on; thus, patients are willing to wear it for longer periods, therefore resulting in a faster healing time.
The Active Innovations dorsal night ankle splint is ideal for the treatment of painful plantar fasciitis as well as other ankle disorders like Achilles tendonitis.
How Ankle Splints Help Treat Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendonitis
Plantar fasciitis is a condition that involves the inflammation of the plantar fascia (the flat band of tissue or ligament that connects the heel bone to the toes). This condition is caused when the ligament that supports the arch of the foot is strained. For treatment, a plantar fasciitis ankle brace or a night ankle splint is used. The brace or splint will help hold the foot with the toes pointed up and with the foot and ankle at a ninety-degree angle. And because a common symptom of plantar fasciitis is the tightening up of the plantar fascia at night, the brace or ankle night splint is worn overnight to allow gentle stretching of the plantar fascia and to prevent it from tightening up.
Achilles tendonitis, on the other hand, is a condition that involves pain in the Achilles tendon, considered to be the biggest tendon in the human body, which connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. Although the Achilles tendon can withstand extreme stress, it is also prone to tendonitis, which is often caused by overuse and degeneration. Wearing a tendonitis ankle brace is an effective way to treat Achilles tendonitis. An Achilles tendonitis ankle brace specifically helps reduce the irritation and strain brought about by this condition.
The Cramer dorsal night splint can effectively double as a plantar fasciitis ankle brace or as an ankle support for Achilles tendonitis.
Some of the Features of This Ankle Splint:
- Comfortably and effectively relieves painful symptoms brought about by plantar fasciitis
- Unique small anterior dorsal clamshell design holds foot in neutral position to prevent contracture, support the arch, and allow for proper healing
- Prevents passive plantar flexion, unlike the uncomfortable active dorsiflexion provided by other ankle braces
- Strong, durable clamshell with a triple-stitched, stretch-resistant strap that provides exceptional support
- Thick, lightweight padding that improves comfort along with an anti-slip pad on the bottom for safe nighttime ambulation
- May be worn on either foot
- Right and left designation on bottom of splint: R on outside flap = right foot and L on outside flap = left foot
- Once adjusted, can be worn like a slipper for easier removal and application, increasing patient compliance and ease of use
The Active Innovations Dorsal Night Splint Can Be Used to Help With:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Severe ankle sprains
- Achilles tendonitis (as an effective ankle tendonitis brace)
- Foot drop/neurological deficits
- Muscular strains
- Other conditions that require an ankle stabilizer in a neutral position
|Name||Dorsal Night Splint by Active Innovations|
Write Your Own Review
|Shipping Method||Destination||Est. Delivery Date|
|Ground||Continental US Only||09/05/2014 - 09/08/2014|
|2nd Day||United States||09/05/2014|
|Next Day||United States||09/04/2014|
|Expedited||Canada||09/06/2014 - 09/09/2014|
|International||International||09/07/2014 - 09/13/2014|
|Men's U.S. Shoe Size||5-10||10 ½-16|
|Women's U.S. Shoe Size||5 ½-9 ½||10-16|
|Carefully consider calf width.|