FINAL SALE - No Returns, No Exchanges
Best Lower Back Support Brace for Athletes & Active People
No matter what sport or physical activity you take part in, when you step onto the field there’s a chance you might sustain an injury. For many activities, back injuries are one of the biggest culprits, whether you’re playing competitively or for fun on the weekends.
This lower back brace for working out is great for providing maximum support to your spine while also allowing flexibility. Most other athletic back supports make it hard to move around and tend to constrict you from doing your daily activities. Luckily for you, this slim and flexible orthopedic brace allows you to move, jump, twist, and turn without hesitation.
The lightweight spine alignment device gives you the pain relief you’ve been looking for. Whether you're an athlete recovering from a lower back strain, warehouse or construction worker, or an older man or woman suffering from degeneration of your discs, this brace will help conform to your body, giving you a great deal of reinforcement. Regardless of age, sports are a great way to stay active and healthy. Don’t let a back injury keep you out of the game!
Is This The Right Type of Back Brace For Me?
There is a huge range of different back braces available to buy on the market, and it can be overwhelming trying to decide which is the right one for you. The best way to find out if this style of back brace is right for you is to talk to your doctor. To start your search though, the questions to ask yourself when shopping for a lower back brace include “What type of back injury, condition, and pain am I dealing with?”, and “What activities do I need to wear the brace during?”.
Something to keep in mind is that you should avoid wearing a back brace all day or for long periods of time. Back braces are meant to help support your weakened core and back muscles, not replace them entirely. If worn too often back braces can lead to muscle atrophy and dependence on the brace.
One of the strengths of this brace is that it is easily adjustable, allowing you to alternate between loose and tight settings throughout the day as you do different activities and transition from sitting to standing. This freedom allows you to stay active and avoid long periods of lying in bed or on the couch, which is an important part of recovering and regaining muscle strength.
This patented cybertech back brace works to treat a variety of different injuries. Here of some of the many conditions this lower back belt may help heal:
- Herniated discs
- Bulging discs
- Slipped discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Facet syndrome
- Compression fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Back pain caused by lordosis
- Post-surgery recovery
- General back pain
4 Reasons This Back Brace is Great for Sports & Working Out
Due to its customizable and flexible settings this mens and womens belt is ideal for those with an active lifestyle, as they transition back into normal life after surgery or a bad lower back injury. Athletes, gym-goers, runners, employees who work in highly active jobs, and many others will find that these features accommodate their day-to-day life well, allowing them to return to the things they love. There are several features that make this brace stand out from the rest! Check out the many different features below that help make this the best lower back brace.
Sleek and Slim Design
This workout back brace is definitely considered both sleek and slim! It is comprised of a nylon mesh material, making the brace breathable and lightweight. For those who are extremely active, you no longer have to worry about overheating while wearing a back brace. The mesh prevents heat from being trapped inside while you move around. The vertebral brace is less bulky compared to others, making it the best choice for athletes who don’t want to hinder their performance.
Mechanical Advantage Pulley System
This brace for active people features a mechanical advantage pulley system, which helps to increase the level of compression applied to your lower back region. This compression helps to improve your posture and redistribute weight in the spine, effectively reducing muscle tension to provide a healthy healing environment for spinal structures.
The pulley is located in the front of your torso, making it easily adjustable with just one hand. The pulley system will help those athletes who may be recovering from injury or even surgery to get back in the game! For those who are experiencing swelling, this is a great component to help reduce inflammation.
Like the idea of the pulley system? We have a wide selection of back braces that come with it! Some of our favorites we suggest include the MAC Plus Lumbar Spine Brace and the Spondylolysis Back Corset.
Easily Adjust the Fit with One Hand
Besides the easy to maneuver pulley system mentioned above, this Ottobock sports back brace can be quick to remove and reapply. This Spine brace is secured in the front by hook and loop fastener straps that are simple to readjust. Depending on the level of compression your specific condition or injury may need, you can tighten or loosen both the brace itself and the pulley system. This feature makes it great for athletes who are trying to wean off the dependability of a brace because they can choose the exact level of compression they would like.
Wear During any Job, Activity, Indoor / Outdoor Hobby, or Sport
As mentioned above, this lumbar support brace can be used for many different activities you endure on a daily basis.
- Running, jogging, walking, weightlifting, working out, yoga, pilates, dance, gymnastics, bike riding, and other types of exercise.
- Extreme sports like motocross, biking, cycling and motorcycle riding or 4-wheeling
- Team sports such as basketball, tennis, football, baseball, soccer, golf, etc.
- The water resistant mesh fabric makes this a great back brace for waterskiing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, boating, sailing, waterskiing, or other activities where you might get wet.
- Manual labor jobs like warehouse workers, factory work, construction, bricklaying, landscaping, plumbing, etc.
- Hobbies and tasks like gardening, woodworking, carpentry, lawn mowing, moving and lifting, etc.
- Seniors, elderly or older people will benefit from this support as they are more prone to spine degeneration which may lead to discomfort or pain. And if you have arthritis in your hands, don’t worry! it’s easy to adjust the compression level tightness of the brace with the pulley handles.
- Occupations that require frequent standing or lifting heavy objects such as a construction worker, warehouse worker, retail worker, or food services employee (read the 7 proper lifting techniques to avoid straining your back). Check out our lifting back braces with suspenders or our industrial work back brace for more options while lifting!
Back Support Belt For Golf & Tennis
Two sports that commonly deal with back pain are golf and tennis. Indeed, the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine says low-back pain is the most common injury among beginner and professional golfers, followed by injuries to the shoulder or elbow. The powerful rotation and extension motion one goes through during a golf swing can take a toll on the back. See more golf braces for the back, arm, knee and more. The exaggerated arched posture some assume for power during service strokes during tennis can also stress the joints and soft tissues of the back, necessitating a low-back sports brace. BraceAbility stocks a number of other tennis braces as well.
The good news is this brace for tennis or golf back injury treatment can help. The cyber back brace for golfing has a posterior panel that contours and conforms to one’s body for ease of use. There is also an anterior panel for extra support to the abdomen. The back support for tennis players and golfers is lightweight as well as breathable for user comfort. This lumbar support brace is lower profile so it is not bulky and is comfortable to wear, allowing a greater range of motion than most back braces.
There are a number of things one can do to relieve back pain from golfing. Besides wearing a low-back brace for golf, one can also work to improve the range of motion of the lumbar spine, better his or her swing mechanics, make sure to warm up and engage in regular exercise that incorporates core strengthening. A conditioning program to strengthen and improve the flexibility of one’s abdominal and back muscles can also help prevent and treat low-back pain stemming from tennis. In either case, this golf/tennis back support can be used for added support while engaging in such exercises. And as one works to improve their core strength, the compression applied by this back support for golfers can help relieve pain and promote healing.
Frequently Asked Questions about the SPINE Sport Back Brace
- What conditions/injuries does this brace treat? Herniated discs, bulging discs, degenerative disk disease, facet syndrome, compression fractures, osteoporosis, laminectomy, discectomy, spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, post-surgery recovery, and general back pain.
- How does it work? This brace works to reduce muscle tension and lower back pain by compressing and supporting the muscles in the core and back. By redistributing weight in the spine this brace creates a healthy healing environment for spinal structures.
- Who can wear these braces? Any adult men and women who fit within the size ranges can wear this brace! It is especially recommended for athletes, manual labor workers, and those with active lifestyles.
- When should I wear it? You can wear this brace anytime throughout the day, during sports, exercising, work, driving, and more. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t wear any back brace constantly to allow your core and back muscles to regain strength.
- Can I sleep in the brace? The lightweight and breathable material makes it comfortable to wear while sleeping, but it’s advised to speak with your doctor about whether or not you should be wearing a brace for a long period at a time.
- Can I workout or exercise in the lower back brace? Absolutely! One of the great aspects of this brace is that it's made for athletes or for those who want to remain active through an injury. Since the brace is completely customizable, you can adjust it according to what activity or sport you may be partaking in. In addition, the lower back brace for running is extremely light and won’t weigh you down!
- What is it made of? The soft belt is created from a lightweight and breathable nylon mesh, along with hard plastic panels, medical-grade hook and loop fasteners, and triple woven nylon strings.
- How do I put it on? While standing in an upright position, hold both of the side panels apart and center the back panel along with your spine, just above the tailbone. Wrap the left side panel to the front then grab the right side panel and position it on top of the left panel to secure it. Next, pull the handle out and away until you reach your desired compression level. Secure the handle by placing it on the fabric.
- Dimensions: The length of the belt ranges from 37.5” to 66” depending on the size. At its narrowest point the belt is 4” wide, and at its widest point on the back in ranges from 7” wide to 10” wide, also depending on size. The material is ⅛” thick.
- Washing Instructions: Wipe entire brace with a damp cloth and allow brace to air dry completely before reapplying.
- Offers support from the L1 to S1 vertebra of your spine.
- Can be discreetly worn under clothes.
- The mechanical power pulley system amplifies your force, making it easy to apply compression.
- Color: Black
Spine sport back brace
We’ll made product. Easy to use. Provides the necessary support to stabilize my back. Really impressed with the workings of it and how it tightens to the right amount of support.