FINAL SALE - No Returns, No Exchanges
Why Do I Need This Back Straightener or Hunchback Brace?
Finding a medical back brace that fully and completely supports your entire spine can be a daunting and frustrating task. This back straightener for men and women can be used for many different conditions of the spine and for common injuries that occur in your back.
Some of the specific conditions this back brace vest for pain relief helps treat includes:
- Kyphosis: A common condition resulting in an exaggerated forward rounding of your upper back, neck, or thoracic region.
- Scoliosis: A curvature spine disorder in which your vertebrae curves to the side (lateral curve).
- Fractured Spine: There are many different fractures that occur in your spine including compression fractures, burst fractures, wedge compression fractures, stress fractures, and cervical fractures.
- Hyperlordosis: A condition in which there’s an abnormal inward curve in your spine.
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the open spaces in your spinal discs, leading to pressure on your spinal cord and the nerves that travel through it.
- Osteoporosis: A type of bone disease that arises when the body loses too much bone or makes too little of bone.
- Poor Posture/Hunching “Postural dysfunction” is defined as our spine is being held in an unnatural position. The result of these unnatural postures is extra stress on our joints, muscles, and vertebrae. Check out our low profile posture correction brace specifically designed to help correct your posture and lift your shoulders.
- Scheuermann’s Disease: Form of kyphosis that occurs in children or adolescents that have experienced abnormal growth patterns in their spine. Along with kyphosis, this disease is usually paired with having scoliosis.
Treatment for the conditions listed above involve reducing the amount of tension and stress placed on your spine/back. Especially if you’ve had surgery for your condition, wearing this spinal corrective device after can help tremendously during the healing process. It helps to relieve the amount of weight that your spine endures, promoting a fast recovery. The compression from the pulley system gives a high level of compression, which in turn reduces swelling and inflammation.
Features of This Back Brace for Posture
The unique features of this detailed compression brace help it stand out from those you’d buy at Wal-Mart and other big box stores.
- Hunchback Treatment Features a Mechanical Advantage Pulley System
This orthopedic lower back brace features a mechanical advantage pulley system, which enhances both the compression level and conformity to your specific body shape and size. The pulley can be easily adjusted and secured by closures.
Looking for other adult back braces that have the same mechanical advantage pulley system? BraceAbility has a wide selection of back braces with this feature for maximum compression.
- Kyphosis Treatment is Applied Like a Backpack
The easy application is one of the best features of this brace for kyphosis because it’s as simple as putting on a backpack. The padded shoulder straps are comfortable against your skin and prevent any irritating rubbing or chafing under your arms. The straps are also dual density, conforming with the buckle placement adjusted to your optimal fit.
- Kyphosis Brace Features a Bendable Back Panel
The back frame of this support for thoracic spine injuries is made of aluminum and extends from the sacrococcygeal junction (tailbone region) to the upper thoracic spine. The aluminum material makes the TLSO (thoracic lumbar sacral orthotic) belt lightweight and easy to shape to your body. This posterior component also features an ergonomic design that can be bent and/or adjusted to fit each individual. The back panel is also easily adjusted to fit an individual with a longer torso.
- Anterior Pad is Made of Mesh and Plush Material with Removable Aluminum Panel
This lordosis brace for a man features a removable anterior pad that holds a removable aluminum panel. For those looking for more compression and support, this front panel helps completely surround your stomach and abdomen region. The removable aluminum panel also helps keep your body in an upright position, promoting good posture while also helping fix your spinal condition/injury.
- Features Extension Pads
This back brace for kyphosis features extension pads on both sides to extend the brace's width. These pads are easily removed and applied by fasteners and can be adjusted to the perfect fit.
- Back Brace for Scoliosis is Comprised of Spacer Mesh Material with a Plush Inner Liner
For those suffering from a spinal condition such as scoliosis, kyphosis, osteoporosis, or a fractured spine, having 24/7 support can be essential for your spine, even while you sleep. The soft spacer mesh material makes this brace comfortable to wear during any activity and for a long period of time. You can wear it to work and it even makes sitting at a desk or chair for the entire day comfortable. It’s also lightweight and breathable, preventing you from overheating or sweating.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Kyphosis Back Brace/Lordosis Brace
What conditions does this back brace treat?
Treats the following spinal conditions: kyphosis, scheuermann’s disease, fractured spine, spinal stenosis, hunching, osteoporosis, and scoliosis. It can also help chronic lower/mid back discomfort and even after surgery to speed up the recovery process.
How do I know which size to get?
Using a soft/flexible tape measure, measure the circumference around your waist at the narrowest part of your torso, in inches. This back straightener brace fits waist circumferences of 25” up to 55”
How do I put on the brace?
Start by slipping the brace on like a backpack until it is centered on your back. Then with one of the tension straps attached to the front panel, wrap the front panel across your waist. Attach the fastener of the second tension strap to the front panel. Once the brace is on adjust the shoulder straps to a snug position. Finally, pull the double pull tension handles to a snug but comfortable fit.
(Check out the application pictures if you have any questions)
How do I adjust the compression of the brace?
To adjust the compression of the corset, simply tighten or loosen the mechanical pulley handles and reapply them.
What is this brace made of?
The brace is made of spacer mesh that is durable and cool reinforced. There is also a plush inner liner for ultimate user comfort.
Can I wash the brace?
Before washing, remove the rigid components. The soft parts of the brace can be hand washed in warm water with mild soap. Triple rinse, squeeze and air-dry the brace. The rigid components can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Avoid twisting the material to remove any water.