Sock Liners for Cam Walker Boots
These socks are available in both a low- and high-top version that makes it well suited as a comfortable and moisture wicking liner for just about any walker boot, including Aircast Walker Boots. This medical boot sock is ideal to pair with just about any foot orthotic. The sock can also help one heal from a foot or ankle injury by promoting circulation. And the thick material of it can prevent any uncomfortable rubbing.The thick socks are also ideal as a diabetic boot sock, since they are non-constricting and composed of synthetic knit that helps keep the foot and leg dry.
Socks for Walker Boot Use & Diabetes
People with diabetes often struggle with infection, ulcers and other foot injuries due to peripheral neuropathy or poor circulation in the feet. Peripheral neuropathy refers to a condition where nerve damage causes the loss of sensation in the extremities. This might also cause pain that might be described as burning, sharp or electric in addition to extreme sensitivity to touch, lack of coordination or changes in the skin, hair or nails.
Socks that keep the foot dry and encourage good blood circulation can be helpful toward warding off this condition or for providing relief from its symptoms. For this reason, diabetic socks are often recommended for those with diabetes. And these socks for diabetes come with a very affordable price tag.
Socks for cam walker boot might be needed for a number of other situations necessitating the use of am orthotic. For instance, if one has an ankle sprain, a broken bone or plantar fasciitis wearing a boot may be necessary. Adding a sock to the equation is a good idea for several reasons:
- It will help reduce any friction between the brace and the skin, which can help prevent any chaffing or blisters.
- Socks for walker boots can act as a buffer between your foot (and its sweat and dead skin cells) and the brace. Plus, a sock is much easier to clean than most walker boot linings.
Medical Boot Socks Details
Some of the features that make these walker boot socks ideal for diabetes treatment or for use with a medical boot include:
- Thick, cushioned knit for warmth and comfort
- Synthetic fibers to keep leg/foot dry
- Low top and high top versions available, depending on the height of your walker boot
- Non-constricting fit
- Standard white color
- Sold as a single sock
- These fracture socks for walker boots can be cleaned in the washing machine, dry on low heat for best results.
- Compatible with any walking boot, including Air Walkers and Aircast Walker Boots
Sizing of BraceAbility’s Medical Boot Socks
These walker boot socks are one size fits all, and available in 2 heights:
- Low-top (15 inches tall)
- High-top (19 inches tall)
- NOTE: If ordering a BraceAbility Walker Boot along with these socks, make sure to order a 1/2 size up to leave room for the socks.
|Size||Men's US Shoe Size||Women's US Shoe Size|
|Low-Top (15" Tall)||Sizes 5 and up||Sizes 4 and up|
|High-Top (19" Tall)||Sizes 5 and up||Sizes 4 and up|
|One Size Fits Most Adults. Available in 2 Heights: Low-top (15" tall) and High-top (19" tall)|