Plus-size Wrap-around Knee Brace for Big Guys and Curvy Women
The trouble with many of the XXL knee braces you find at stores such as CVS or Walmart is that they are not designed with the needs of an obese person in mind… they slide down the leg, bunch up and simply don’t get the job done.
This knee wrap for large legs is different. It comes in XL, 2XL and 3XL sizes, each of which you can adjust quite a bit thanks to the wrap-around straps above and below the knee that are secured with contact closures (Velcro). The biggest 3XL size of this wraparound knee brace fits knee circumferences up to 40 inches.
The Velcro closures make it easy to adjust the extra-large knee wrap so that it does not slide down the leg. And since the large knee wrap is held in place with straps, there is no back portion to bunch up.
Plus, it is much easier to zip up or wrap an XXXL brace around the leg than to fiddle with tricky buttons or tabs. You’ll also have a much easier time applying this style of knee brace than wrapping the joint with an ACE knee wrap. Talk about a time saver!
The open area at the back of the kneecap also gives you a cooler fit. The material of the XL to XXXL knee wrap is a breathable alternative to neoprene that still warms the knee. This is soothing for knees that have been injured in the past or are arthritic.
The thin, spongy material is soft and flexible. Therefore, the brace will stay comfortably positioned on your knee whether you are sitting or standing.
It also wicks moisture off the skin and has antimicrobial properties. This makes it a great athletic knee wrap. The plus-size support does not contain latex.
The kneecap area of this extra-large knee wrap is open, keeping pressure off the joint. This also makes it easier for the kneecap to move and increases the flexibility of the support.
For support, the brace has an adjustable buttress that can help with medial (inner side of the knee) or lateral (outer side of knee) instability or other problems with how the kneecap moves within the socket.
The thin fabric support attaches via pull tabs at the front of the brace and provides light tension to pull the kneecap in the right direction. You can flip the brace to switch it from lateral to medial support or vice versa.
Extra-large Knee Compression Wrap for Stability and Tracking
Having plus-size legs puts you at greater risk of injury, making it difficult to enjoy a more active lifestyle. (Find out if you are overweight or obese.)
This extra-large performance-focused knee wrap is a great if you’re dealing with issues like kneecap instability, arthritis, meniscus tears, ligament sprains or patella (kneecap) tracking disorders. Or if you’re simply looking for added support when walking, practicing yoga or doing other athletic activities, this is a great option.
The bariatric knee sleeve compresses the leg without cutting off circulation. This can speed the flow of blood to your knee, which reduces swelling and pain more quickly and speeds along healing. For that reason, compression is recommended for treatment of many knee injuries.
The fact that this wrap around knee brace comes in sizes up to XXXL means you don’t have to worry about squeezing a big leg into an ill-fitting brace, which can be counterproductive.
The compression wrap for plus size knees provides lightweight, flexible support to the joint. This is great if you are dealing with kneecap instability due to ligament sprains or tears to the cartilage that cushions the kneecap (meniscus). And the flexible, lightweight nature of the brace means you can comfortably wear it throughout the day, including during periods of activity.
The neoprene-alternative material that makes up this XXL adjustable knee wrap warms the leg, which is great for soothing an achy, stiff or arthritic knee. We also offer a heated knee wrap if you are looking for even more warmth.
The patella wrap around brace also comes with a pull-tab buttress that supports the kneecap and helps it move as it should. You can tweak where the horse shoe-shaped support is positioned to make the knee stabilizer fit as it should. For even more support, you may want to check out a brace with a J-strap stabilizer.
The opening over the kneecap prevents the big knee wrap from pressing on a sore kneecap. It also allows the kneecap to move more easily and as directed by the buttresses.
Frequently Asked Questions about Husky Knee Wrap
- What conditions / injuries does this brace treat?This compression wrap is specifically designed to help with pain and instability of plus-size knees, whether from arthritis, meniscus tears, past injuries and more.
- How does it work? The extra-large brace wraps around the leg above and below the kneecap, compressing and supporting your joint. The fabric pull provides a light medial (inner knee) or lateral (outer knee) pull to the kneecap. For a more flexible fit, you can easily remove this feature.
- When should I wear it? You should always follow a doctor’s instructions regarding use of any orthotic. But generally speaking you can wear this adjustable knee support whenever you need extra stability.The fact that it is lightweight and breathable means you will have no problem wearing it throughout the day, if you want.
- What is this brace made of? The brace itself is made of a neoprene-alternative material that warms the leg and is soft, breathable and flexible. Its closures are Velcro and the horseshoe buttress is made of felt. The huge knee wrap is free of latex.
- Who can wear this wrap? This knee wrap is great for both men and women with big legs. We offer sizes XXL to XXXL, fitting knee circumferences ranging from 25 inches to 40 inches. If this wrap is too big for you, we offer a similar knee wrap in a smaller size.
- How do I put it on? Begin by positioning the circular opening of the brace over the kneecap with the buttress side against your skin. If you need the pull-tab buttress to pull the kneecap in the opposite direction, simply flip the entire wrap. Next, wrap the straps below the knee and above the knee and secure them using their Velcro closures. The brace should be snug, but not uncomfortable. Finally, pull the tabs of the buttress to increase tension on the kneecap.
- How do I clean it? First, close the Velcro straps to protect them from damage. You can then wash the compression wrap by hand using warm water and mild soap. Lay it flat to air dry. You should not use bleach or high temperatures to wash or dry this support.
- Other features:
- The wrap is 13 inches long.
- There is no fabric at the back of the knee to bunch up.
- The support provides soothing warmth to the knee.
- The knee wrap wicks away moisture.
- What color is it? Black.