Quad and Hamstring Sleeve for Sports
This compression sleeve for thigh injuries provides numerous benefits to athletes and non-athletes alike. The quadriceps wrap warms, supports compresses the thigh, with its sewn-in oval pad providing additional support.
Compression encourages blood flow to this region of the leg, encouraging healing and reducing painful inflammation for those looking to treat a pulled hamstring or strained quadricep, for instance.
For those who do not have a thigh injury, the compression can speed lactic acid removal from the body, helping one to have a quicker recovery period.
The 12-inch long sleeve covers a good amount of one’s thigh and the placement of the oval pad can be adjusted as needed for one’s support needs.
The layer of material also shields one’s body from the elements. So if you are trail runner, this can protect against scratches and the like. And bikers love this thigh support as it protects the legs from chaffing against one’s seat. (See more braces for cyclists.)
The strained hamstring support is made of unique hyPur-cel material that makes it well suited for use by an active individual. This open-celled foam material is breathable and lightweight, allowing sweat and heat to escape for a cool fit.
This material is also stronger and more durable than one might expect when it comes to foam. In addition, the low-compression foam is soft against the skin.
Another feature that sports enthusiasts will appreciate is that this compression sleeve for thigh pain has antimicrobial properties. This also extends the life of the quad/hamstring sleeve in addition to making it more pleasant to wear and helping to manage odors.
The material of which this leg warmer for bicycling is made is also environmentally friendly.
The black quad brace is free of latex and comes in a variety of sizes ranging from extra-small to a 2XL thigh support.
Why Wear an Athletic Sleeve for the Thigh?
Structural imbalances, uneven muscle strength or flexibility, inappropriate equipment (See 10 Unique Gadgets for Your Next Biking Adventure), ill-fitting shoes, overuse, a poor bike setup or even a sedentary lifestyle can all lead to a hamstring or quadriceps injury. In many cases, pain in these areas is a sign of a problem elsewhere, such as the hip or knees.
But regardless of the culprit for one’s leg pain, generalities can be made about treating them. The steps of RICE—rest, ice, compress and elevate are a good starting point.
Rest is needed for an injury to heal fully. Whether that implies full rest or active rest will depend upon the severity of the injury. The support the athletic hamstring wrap provides can help reduce some of the stress on the tissues of the thigh.
Ice is another component that is very effective when it comes to reducing painful inflammation. A leg wrap for cold therapy can simplify that process.
Compression also speeds the removal of inflammation and swelling, and this quadriceps compression wrap is a convenient way to apply it. Such thigh sleeves should fit snugly without being uncomfortable. The many sizes that this thigh brace comes in means you can find just the right size.
Elevating the leg above the heart using pillows also helps the body flush inflammation out.
These steps are largely aimed at getting inflammation under control so that healing can occur. But long-term treatment often involves a more comprehensive approach that addresses what caused the injury in the first place (in instances where it was not an acute injury such as a blow to the quadriceps).
This often involves physical therapy to improve one’s flexibility, strength and balance. This can help address any problematic imbalances in addition to improving the body’s ability to handle various activities.
The hyPUR-cel material of which this sleeve is constructed makes it a good quad sleeve for rehab.
The antimicrobial and breathable hamstring support brace is also well suited for times when one simply wants added support and compression to the thigh, such as when one is recovering from a tough workout or going on a long bike ride.
An added bonus with this wrap for the thigh is that it adds a layer of warmth, keeping the legs warm on chilly days and one’s muscles loose.
Some also turn to compression sleeves for the hamstrings for the performance and recovery benefits they offer.
Details on Athletic Compression Sleeve for Hamstring and Quad Injuries
This brace for hamstring strains, quadricep pulls and more has a number of features that make it a good choice for treating such injuries or simply for enhancing one’s athletic experience. Following is a detailed list of its main features:
- Padded compression sleeve for strains and pulls of the quadriceps and hamstrings, sore muscles, injury rehab and other sources of thigh pain
- Upper leg wrap has an oval pad for extra support
- Positioning of the pad can be adjusted as needed for thigh pain treatment
- Compression applied by this quad and hamstring injury brace reduces pain and inflammation and promotes healing
- Studies have shown compression sleeves can reduce recovery time; some tout performance-enhancing benefits
- Antimicrobial thigh wrap helps manage odors and prevents sweat buildup
- Open-cell HyPUR-cel material is lightweight and breathable
- Foam sleeve for quadricep injuries is soft against the skin
- This support for thigh pain is constructed of environmentally friendly material
- Orthotic treatment for thigh pain is quite durable
- Brace for thigh support during sports
- Use as an upper leg warmer for biking, running, etc. during cooler temperatures Thigh guard protects thighs against chaffing against a bike seat
- Latex-free upper leg and thigh compression sleeve
- Thigh & quadricep support is 12 inches long and black in color
- Thigh & hamstring sleeve for sports comes in a wide range of sizes, including a 2XL plus size brace for large thighs
|S||19" - 20"|
|M||20" - 22"|
|L||22" - 25"|
|XL||25" - 28"|
|Measure the circumference around the widest part of your thigh, in inches|