A Versatile Post Op Knee Brace
The Ossur Flex Ligament Knee Brace is a viable post-op/functional rehab solution offering more versatility in both shape and function than most other knee braces and supports. Its heat-moldable, carbon composite frame accommodates edema and/or changes in leg shape during recovery from surgery, while its Accutrac range-of-motion hinges provide flexion and extension control. Gel Fit condylar pads improve suspension and are comfortable to tender knees recovering from trauma.
How Can a Ligament Knee Brace Help Those with Rotary Instability?
Knee rotary instability is described as the excessive rotation of the shinbone in relation to the thigh bone. This happens when a blow to the knee is suffered, often during vehicular accidents or while playing sports. Patients with rotary instability usually feel tenderness and swelling in the knee as well as numbness, weakness, tingling, and unpredictable buckling of the knee even when the patient is at a standing position.
Knee supports and braces, like the Ossur Flex Sport Knee Ligament Brace, can provide ample protection by improving proprioception of the knee (position sense of the joint) and providing mechanical stability during joint motion. As such, it is the perfect knee brace for those looking for protection against rotary instability or even for patients already suffering from the condition who still want to engage in their chosen sport or athletic activity at a relatively high level.
Because of this, the Ossur Flex Sport Knee Ligament Brace is a great athletic knee brace. It is, in particular, an excellent knee brace for basketball, an ideal soccer knee brace, and one of the most effective football knee braces in the market.
Features of the Ossur Flex Sport Knee Ligament Brace
- A knee support brace featuring a total support system that provides support for rotary instability as well as ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, and combined instabilities
- Accutrac ROM hinges with easy-to-use flex and extension stops
- Adjustable Tibial Strap (ATS) that captures the tibia and allows adjustments in hinge depth for a more customized fit
- One of the few knee braces and supports that features a heat-moldable, carbon composite frame that accommodates edema and/or changes in leg shape during recovery
- Gel Fit condylar pads for improved suspension and comfort
- Large, open-window frame design accommodates post-op dressing and edema
- One of the few knee supports that is constructed of non-corrosive materials, which makes it suitable for water sports
- Long-term use for post-op rehab and functional support
- Excellent support for knee, particularly for ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, rotary, and combined instabilities
- Recommended for low to medium contact/impact