Abdominal Binder after Surgery
This binder for swelling after abdominal surgery supports and compresses this region of the body so that healing has a chance to occur. This elastic abdominal binder simplifies what would otherwise be a tough but necessary component of stomach surgery recovery—applying compression. (See more abdominal compression garments.)
This post-surgery compression garment is composed of premium elastic panels and foam side components. The panels are joined via faggoted stitching that prevents rolling.
These panels provide compression to help with abdominal swelling after surgery. The amount of compression this surgical abdominal binder applies can be easily adjusted simply by adjusting the Velcro closure that secures the support. Said closures are located at the front of one’s body, as appropriate considering this product is designed for post-abdominal surgery.
The compression applied by this abdominal binder can help with swelling or edema, it can prevent tearing in the incision area and it can help to hold tunnels in a collapsed position until scar tissue takes hold for procedures like liposuction.
This post-surgical abdominal binder can help after surgical procedures such as:
- Caesarean section (c-section)
- Hernia repair
- Appendix removal (Appendectomy)
- Tummy tuck
The elastic abdominal support can also help in non-surgical instances such as after an abdominal muscle strain or a vaginal birth. (BraceAbility offers a number of maternity support belts.) The abdominal compression can even help ease back pain.
Wearing a stomach binder after surgery or injury does not have to be obvious. This abdominal wrap for after surgery is fairly low-profile and it comes in a discreet white color, helping the post-surgical compression garment to fit beneath one’s clothes.
The abdominal support band for after surgery also comes in a number of sizes ranging up to 4X-large. Plus it comes in two different heights, depending on how much vertical coverage you want, and to accommodate various torso heights.
Surgical Binder to Reduce Swelling after Abdominal Surgery
Wearing abdominal binders after surgery is a highly recommended practice for a number of procedures. Besides providing abdominal support after surgery, surgical binders also help limit pain by distributing pressure evenly across the abdomen. Wearing abdominal binders after surgery can also speed heeling by stimulating blood flow to the incision site. This compression also reduces swelling and/or edema.
Another added benefit of such after-surgery compression garments is that they can help improve posture and balance. They might also make one feel more comfortable getting back into the swing of things after a surgical procedures.
After-surgery compression garments are not used exclusively for such uses. Some wear a post-surgery abdominal binder after giving birth or straining an abdominal muscle for some of the previously listed benefits. The compression an abdominal surgical binder provides can help the uterus return to its normal size more quickly after delivering a baby. (Learn more about low back and abdominal pain in women.)
And abdominal binders have long been used as a solution for back pain. In fact, many back braces contain an abdominal compression element much like one receives from a post-surgery abdominal binder like this.
Key Features of Abdominal Surgical Binder
This surgical binder and abdominal support is a versatile product that can help after surgery, giving birth or a mid-section injury. Following is a breakdown of the many features that make this post-surgery binder a product well-suited for abdominal compression needs:
- Surgical binder & abdominal support is constructed of premium-quality elastic panels.
- The panels of this support for abdominal muscle surgery have special faggoted stitching that prevents rolling
- Using an abdominal band after surgery can ease pain
- Surgery binder applies compression to the incision site, stimulating blood flow and healing
- Binder after surgery features a convenient anterior (front of body) closure
- Abdominal surgery binder can be secured and adjusted via simple hook and loop (Velcro) material
- Low-profile fit so the stomach compressor fits easily beneath one’s clothes
- This abdominal binder can help after hysterectomy surgery, giving birth (cesarean section or vaginal), liposuction, tummy tuck, abdominal muscle strain, surgical hernia repair, appendectomy, laparoscopy and more
- Abdomen compression garment works for men and women
- Color: White
- Abdominal binder for post-surgery care comes in two heights: 9 inches or 12 inches
|Size||Men (Waist Circumference)||Women (Hip Circumference)|
|S||24" - 30"||24" - 30"|
|M||30" - 36"||30" - 36"|
|L||36" - 42"||36" - 42"|
|XL||42" - 48"||42" - 48"|
|2XL||48" - 54"||48" - 54"|
|3XL||54" - 60"||54" - 60"|
|4XL||60" - 64"||60" - 64"|
|Men - measure the circumference around your waist. Women - measure the circumference around your hips.|