Effective Knee Bracing with the Ossur CTI OTS Ligament Knee Brace
For the highest level of support and protection, the proven technology behind the classic CTI knee ligament brace is available with off-the-shelf convenience. Outfitted with anatomically correct Accutrac hinges and flexible cuffs and buckles, the rock-solid CTI carbon frame provides a rigid exoskeleton that stabilizes the knee joint. This carbon frame is completely non-corrosive, making this an ideal knee brace for waterskiing, wakeboarding or other water sports. Breathable liners coated with bio-inert Ossur Sensil Silicone ensure that this knee ligament support remains properly positioned on the leg, for optimal functional benefit.
How Can Knee Braces and Supports protect the ACL & PCL?
The anterior cruciate ligament or ACL is one of the four major ligaments found in the human knee. The ACL is attached to the knee and the end of the thigh bone or femur and then passes down through the knee joint to the front of the flat upper surface of the tibia or shin bone. The ACL's purpose is to help prevent movement of the shin bone from underneath the thigh bone. Needless to say, the ACL is one of the most important ligaments of the knee and plays a vital role especially for people who engage in contact sports as well as for sports that involve twisting and pivoting movements and abrupt changes in direction.
It's not surprising, therefore, that an ACL tear or ACL injury is one of the most common knee injuries among athletes and sports enthusiasts. A tear in the ACL is often the result of a twisting force felt in the knee while the foot is planted on the ground or while falling while the knee is bent. Fortunately, knee supports and braces like the Ossur CTI OTS Pro Sport Knee Ligament Brace can help protect your knee—your ACL, in particular—and prevent injuries while you enjoy playing your chosen sport or engage in any strenuous physical activity that puts a lot of stress on the knee. The Ossur CTi is the only ligament knee brace that captures the tibia and locks down securely on the tibial crest. The rigid upper and lower arms work together with the hinges, condyle pads and straps to properly align your knee joint and provide an accurately-tracking exoskeletal support. Designed for high impact athletics, the CTi is ideal for any sport that puts tough physical demands on equipment or players, including BMX, Motocross, mountain biking, wakeboarding, surfing, snowboarding, skiing, skateboarding and more. Trusted by hundreds of professional athletes, the Ossur CTI OTS is also an ideal knee brace for basketball, a great soccer knee brace, and one of the more effective professional football knee braces on the market.
Listen to Toby Gerhart, football running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars talk about the Ossur CTI knee brace:
Some of the Features of the Ossur CTI OTS Knee Ligament Brace:
- A knee brace featuring a total support system that provides support for ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, rotary and combined instabilities
- Hand-laminated, carbon composite knee brace that supplies true rigid support with very little weight; weighs only 21 ounces
- One of the few knee braces and supports that features a low-profile frame shape that contours to the leg, making it suitable for a variety of physical activities
- Anatomically correct Accutrac hinges with extension stops that track the natural movement of the knee
- Proprietary Sensil padding that is extremely comfortable and reduces migration
- Skin-friendly SensEdge overmolding on buckles and subshell that improves comfort and eliminates pressure points
- Flexible subshell and Adjustable Tibial Strap (ATS) that capture the tibia and allow adjustments in hinge depth for a more customized fit
- One of the few braces for knee that is constructed of non-corrosive materials, which makes itsuitable for water sports like waterskiing, wakeboarding, surfing, and snow skiing
The CTI OTS Ligament Knee Brace Is Ideal For:
- ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, rotary, and combined instabilities
- All activity levels
- Highest impact levels (Pro Sport model knee support)
- 2 Models Available - PCL or Non-PCL: The PCL model includes a PCL opposition sytem with a femoral horseshoe extension and an anatomically-designed opposing gastroc force plate which goes behind the calf to help reduce posterior drawer / sag associated with a PCL tear.
|Small||8.9 - 10.2 cm||28 - 32 cm|
|Medium||10.2 - 11.4 cm||32 - 36 cm|
|Large||11.4 - 12.7 cm||36 - 39 cm|
|X-Large||12.7 - 14 cm||39 - 42 cm|
|2X-Large||14 - 15.2 cm||42 - 46 cm|
|Caliper measurement point: Medial to Lateral (joint width) in a standard, weight-bearing position.|
|Circumference measurement point: Just below the bottom of the kneecap.|