Medial or Lateral Heel Pain Wedge Inserts
These BraceAbility silicone shoe inserts are designed to reduce pressure on one's muscles, tendons and joint, making them well suited for easing lateral or medial heel pain, whether it stems from heel spurs, heel bursitis, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis or simply a long day on one's feet.
And because the alignment of the feet and/or weight distribution on them can affect other areas of the body, such as the ankles, legs, knees, hips or even the lower back, this lateral/medial heel wedge can often help with pain in these areas as well. As a result, the silicone gel inserts provide quick relief of pain and fatigue.
The pair of heel wedges have a raised portion that is 1/4" tall on one side for lateral or medial unloading. Because the lateral heel wedge inserts come as a pair, one can simply flip the insert so that the raised area is at the medial part of the heel for medial unloading or lateral area for lateral unloading. The insole has self-adhesive backing so it stays in place while allowing for repositioning if necessary.
Lateral wedges have been suggested by medical professionals for mild medial compartment osteoarthritis of the knee, and medial wedges for lateral-compartment knee osteoarthritis. Since these reversible heel wedges can be used as either medial or lateral shoe inserts, they have the potential for slowing either type of knee osteoarthritis (OA) progression as well as helping with other types of knee pain and conditions like bowlegs or knock-knees.
The soft, silicone-like material of the lateral wedge is comfortable against one's foot. It may be used in conjunction with other insoles or placed directly in the shoe. The valgus or varus heel wedge fits easily within shoes, including both athletic and dress ones.
This material will not irritate the skin of one's foot, nor will the foot wear down the silicone wedge. It also holds up well to sweat, as appropriate for silicone heel cushions that will be encased in one's shoes for long periods of time.
Shoe Insoles for Heel Pain, Knee, Leg & Foot Disorders
There is no shortage of lateral and medial heel pain causes, ranging from plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, stress fractures, pinched nerves, heel spurs, heel pad syndrome, or bursitis. The most common cause of pain at the underside of the heel is plantar fasciitis (especially pain at the medial heel), while discomfort at the back of the heel typically stems from achilles tendonitis.
Plantar fasciitis causes throbbing or stabbing pain at the medial part of the heel that is most prominent with the first few steps of the day or when moving after a long period of rest. This stems from overloading the plantar fascia that forms the arch of the foot and is an important shock absorber for it. Wearing silicone heel wedges can reduce tension on the plantar fascia in addition to evening out pressure distribution across the foot. BraceAbility also offers arch supports and night splints that can help with plantar fasciitis treatment.
Similarly, a lateral heel lift can help lessen the strain on the achilles tendon at the back of the foot/ankle in instances of achilles tendonitis, relieving pain and allowing healing to occur. See more braces for treatment of achilles tendonitis.
Medial insoles for varus unloading or lateral insoles for valgus unloading can help with pain in the lateral heel or medial heel by improving the alignment and the distribution of pressure on one's foot. This can also help with ankle, knee or hip pain stemming from imbalances stemming from alignment or gait abnormalities. For instance, one that rolls the ankles outward as he or she runs or walks may benefit from a lateral foot wedge, while someone who is knock-kneed may benefit from increased varus support via medial heel cushions.
These comfortable shoe inserts can also help with medial, posterior or lateral heel spurs that are often associated with plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis. A heel spur refers to the buildup of calcium deposits on the bottom of the heel bone due to constant or repeated stressors.
Those who experience bilateral heel pain may be dealing with a systemic illness, such as gout or rheumatoid arthritis. Again, wearing these flexible heel cushions may help relieve discomfort associated with these conditions. Learn more about common foot problems.
These heel wedges are available in a universal size that fit most adults. Both men and women, with sizes 5+, can wear them.
Key Features of the Silicone Shoe Wedges for Heel Pain and Knee Disorders
This varus of valgus heel wedge can help with a wide variety of complaints, whether you are dealing with plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, pump bump (haglund's deformity), lateral heel pain syndrome or simply tired feet. Following is a list these medial heel cups' key features:
- Lateral heel cushions ease pressure and stress on muscles, tendons and joints
- Medial/lateral heel wedges prevent early fatigue and reduce pain
- One side of the heel cups is raised 1/4" for medial/lateral unloading
- Heel cushions come in interchangeable sets that can be switched so that they provide either medial or lateral unloading
- Heel lift wedges are gentle on the skin, will not absorb perspiration and can easily be cleaned with cold water
- Inserts for heel support easily fit within shoes, including both dress and athletic ones
- Self adhesive backing helps the insert to not slip out from beneath one's foot
- Constructed of a silicone-like material that is latex free
- Can help with heel, foot, ankle, knee, hip and even low-back pain
- When worn laterally (with the raised portion towards the outside of your legs), they counteract varus knee deformity (bow-leggedness) and can help reduce or prevent medial knee osteoarthritis and medial knee pain
- When worn as medial heel cushions (with the raised portion towards the inside of your legs), they counteract valgus alignment (knock-knees) and can reduce the effects of bilateral knee osteoarthritis and lateral knee pain.
- Treats and/or eases pain associated with the following conditions that cause heel pain: plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, haglund's deformity (pump bump), heel bursitis, heel spurs, sever's disease, stress fractures, mechanical abnormalities, rheumatoid arthritis, and more
- Available in a universal size that fit most adults - both men and women sizes 5+
|Adult U.S. Shoe Size||5+|