Open Patella Knee Brace for Compression and Support
This compression knee brace provides support and compression to the knee to help with knee strains or sprains, joint pain, and recovery from other knee injuries and problems. The spiral stays of this brace add medial and lateral support. They also keep the knee orthotic from rolling over and help it to remain situated with the kneecap in the open patella slot.
This knee sleeve with stays is constructed of CoolTex, a neoprene alternative that is breathable, lightweight and comfortable. This material is also hypo-allergenic, making this knee strain knee sleeve more attractive to active individuals or those in sports. Like traditional neoprene knee braces, this CoolTex knee brace is also free of latex.
The open patella design of this knee sprain brace makes it more mobility friendly so you can walk, run, jog, and generally move around easily. The open patella also keeps direct pressure away from the kneecap. The black knee sleeve applies compression to the tissues surrounding the knee instead, promoting blood flow and reducing inflammation.
This comfortable knee sleeve comes in eight different sizes ranging all the way up to 4XL. Therefore, odds are high one will find the perfect size. This is a compression knee sleeve and therefore it is important that the sleeve be snug around your leg. If you notice the sleeve sliding down, you likely need a smaller size. When measuring, if you are in between sizes, order the smaller size for the best fit. For knee braces in even larger sizes, check out our full selection of bariatric products.
Knee Sleeve with Stays for Sprains, Strains and More
Treatment for numerous knee problems and injuries often follows the same general course of treatment, which includes protecting the knee from further damage and resting it for a period of time. Other steps often include icing, compressing and elevating the knee to reduce inflammation and pain and possibly physical therapy to return the knee to its previous level of function.
This breathable knee support for sprains and more helps with both the compression and protection aspect, making it ideal for dealing with numerous sources of knee pain, such as moderate knee sprains or strains. The spiral stays provide medial and lateral support and the brace itself compresses the area surrounding the kneecap.
If you are looking to treat arthritis knee pain, you might want a true neoprene knee brace, as neoprene has warming properties which can help ease knee arthritis pain.
This sleeve is made from Cooltex, which has cooling properties. And flexible material of this sleeve means one can wear this soft knee brace all day long for comfortable support during many stages of the knee injury recovery process. Adding to its comfort appeal is its CoolTex material that is anti-microbial, lightweight and breathable. This means it will be comfortable even for more active individuals or during the rehabilitation process.
BraceAbility also offers a number of products for icing the knee.
Breathable Black Knee Brace Details
This breathable knee brace is a versatile product that can help with numerous injuries and various stages of recovery. Following is a summary of its key features.
- Constructed of CoolTex, a neoprene alternative that is breathable, comfortable and lightweight so your leg won't overheat or sweat profusely while running, jogging, walking, etc.
- CoolTex is also anti-microbial for odor management
- Indications: Knee pain, knee strains and sprains (moderate),knee arthritis and more
- Provides support, warmth and compression
- Spiral stays prevent the knee orthotic from rolling or bunching
- Stays provide medial and lateral support to the kneecap
- Soft knee support will stay put rather than slipping down the leg, but be sure to order the correct size for proper fit. If in between sizes, order the smaller size.
- Open-patella design for a more flexible knee brace fit
- The open patella knee brace keeps pressure away from the kneecap
- Black knee support has a closed popliteal area behind the kneecap to prevent uncomfortable bunching behind the knee.
- This sleeve for knee strains comes in many sizes (based on the circumference of the leg 6 inches above the middle of your kneecap, and at the middle of your kneecap. Note: This is a compression sleeve and should fit snug around your leg. If you are in between sizes, order the smaller size
- X-Small: 16"-18" | 12"-13"
- Small: 17"-19" | 13"-14"
- Medium: 18"-20" | 14"-15"
- Large: 19"-21"| 15"-16"
- X-Large: 20"-22" | 16"-18"
- 2X-Large: 21"-23" | 18"-20"
- 3X-Large: 23"-26" | 20"-22"
- 4X-Large: 26"-29" | 22"-24"
|Size||6" Above Kneecap||Middle of Kneecap|
|XS||16" - 18"||12" - 13"|
|S||17" - 19"||13" - 14"|
|M||18" - 20"||14" - 15"|
|L||19" - 21"||15" - 16"|
|XL||20" - 22"||16" - 18"|
|XXL||21" - 23"||18" - 20"|
|3XL||23" - 26"||20" - 22"|
|4XL||26" - 29"||22" - 24"|
|Measure the circumference around your leg 6" above your kneecap, and the middle of your kneecap.
Fit should be snug. If you are in between sizes, order the smaller size.