An Excellent Knee Support for Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis of the knee is one of the most common types of osteoarthritis. In fact, more than ten million Americans currently suffer from knee osteoarthritis; this disease is actually the most common cause of disability in the United States.
While there is currently no cure for osteoarthritis of the knee, there are treatments that can help manage the painful symptoms of this condition, and one of them is knee bracing. Wearing knee braces and supports, specifically a knee brace for osteoarthritis, can help manage knee pain, stiffness, limited range of motion in the knee, and localized swelling, all of which are common symptoms of knee osteoarthritis.
The Ossur OASYS CartiCare Knee Support is a dual upright knee brace for on-the-spot medial or lateral unloading of the knee joint to relieve the pain associated with unicompartmental osteoarthritis. Its double upright increases functional support for those patients with ligament instability. Ossur has equipped this unique knee support brace with the new Accutrac ROM hinge, making it further suitable for post-operative and long-term rehabilitation (more than four weeks) protocols requiring unloading and/or adjustable flexion/extension control.
Some of the Features of the OASYS Osteoarthritis Knee Brace
- A knee brace featuring Accutrac ROM hinges with easy-to-use flexion/extension stops as well as an Acculign slide bar for on-the-sport medial or lateral unloading
- Heat-moldable frame for customized fitting by O&P professionals
- Pivoting, quick-release buckles and 4-strap design for easy application and removal
- One of the few versatile braces for knee that provides a total support system for ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, rotary and combined instabilities
- One of the few knee supports and braces that feature a heat-moldable frame for customized fitting by O&P professionals
- Exclusive Gel Fit condylar pads that provide ultimate joint line comfort and cushion bony prominences for improved patient satisfaction
- Reduced medial surface area for streamlined fit and improved comfort on fleshy legs
- One of the few knee braces and supports that is constructed of non-corrosive materials, which makes it suitable for water sports
- Frame reliefs for a lightweight, open design
- Functional knee support with or without varus/valgus alignment
The OASYS Knee Brace for Osteoarthritis Is Ideal For:
- Medial or lateral compartment unloading for unicompartmental osteoarthritis or articular cartilage healing
- Post-op, rehab, and functional support plus unloading for protocols requiring reduced medial or lateral joint loads during recovery
- Excellent knee support for ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, rotary, and combined instabilities
- Low and medium contact/impact activities