Meniscus Knee Brace
This torn meniscus knee brace pairs hinges that permit extension and flexion control with a two-part design aimed at comfort as well as healing, with the result being a top if not the best knee brace for meniscus pain with an off-the-shelf price tag.
The hinge is a polycentric one that is easy to access and includes a condyle shell to protect it. The hinge and aluminum uprights allow flexion and extension control so one can set the brace for torn meniscus treatment to allow the knee to bend 0°, 15°, 30°, 60° or 90°, for example. See more of BraceAbility’s hinged knee braces.
To apply the brace for medial or lateral meniscus tear, one pulls the lower sleeve portion of the brace up the calf, centers the open patella area on the knee, and then closes the upper wrap portion of the brace at the thigh. Finger loops help with application and there are four Velcro strap closures for a secure fit and easy adjustment.
The heavy-duty support is surprisingly comfortable and lightweight, adding to its appeal as best knee brace for torn meniscus care. The neoprene material of which the brace is made is will keep your knee warm to decrease pain.
There are a number of conditions besides meniscus tears where the compression, support and range-of-motion control (ROM) this knee brace offers might be helpful. Some of these include the following:
- Knee sprains and strains
- Medial/Lateral Instability
- Weak or injured knee ligaments or muscles
- Degenerative joint disease of the knee
- Unstable ACL or PCL
As previously noted, this meniscus brace is also compatible with non-contact sports participation. See more knee supports geared toward athletic use.
This meniscus knee brace comes in seven different sizes, including 4X-large. See BraceAbility full line of bariatric orthotics.
Treating a Lateral/Medial Meniscus Tear
A tear of the meniscus, one of two c-shaped discs that cushion the knee, is one of the most common knee injuries. Usually this occurs when one twists or turns quickly, especially if one has the foot planted with the knee bent. Generally speaking, this causes pain, stiffness and swelling. One might have trouble extending the knee fully after such an injury. Tears are also more common as one ages and the meniscus gets worn down.
Differing degrees of tears warrant different modes of treatment. In some cases, rest, ice and taking medications can relieve pain and give the meniscus a chance to heal. Physical therapy can also help strengthen the muscles so that they can better stabilize the knee. Knee braces with range of motion controls like this one add support to and protect the knee from further damage, by preventing your knee from twisting or turning in a way that will causes further cartilage damage.
In other cases, surgery is needed to trim a torn meniscus.
This hinged knee brace can also help with post-surgical care when range of motion control and support will be needed. After surgery, it is especially important to limit side-to-side motions and twisting motions which will prevent your meniscus from healing properly and cause you pain. This knee brace allows you to limit your knee's range of motion so you can protect it after surgery. See more post-operative knee braces and knee immobilizers.
This knee brace can also help distribute forces more evenly around the knee and diminish stress in key areas. The hinge of this meniscus knee brace allows one to adjust the degree of flexion it allows as he or she progresses through injury recovery or post-surgery rehab.
The sleeve for the calf applies compression to reduce swelling and stimulate healing. But the kneecap area itself is left free of pressure. Blood clots are also a risk after surgery, and the application of compression can reduce one’s chances of them forming.
The fact that this is an off-the-shelf brace for knee meniscus tears translates to savings to the customer.
Versatile Meniscus Tear Brace
There are a number of reasons this is a good product for treating meniscus tears, including the following:
- Aluminum uprights and polycentric hinge allow full flexion and extension control with settings at 0°, 15°, 30°, 60° and 90°.
- Hinge is covered with contoured rounded shell that’s covered in soft suede
- Constructed of neoprene for warmth and to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Knee brace for non-contact sports and daily activity
- Wrap-around design above the knee makes this brace easy to put on an to adjust
- The lower half of this heavy-duty knee brace has a pull-on sleeve design
- Tabs to help with brace application
- Open patella for support to the cartilage around the kneecap
- Open popliteal cutout behind the knee prevents bunching or pinching when bending and walking
- Two Velcro straps allow additional fit adjustment- one above the knee and the other below
- Straps help keep the sports meniscus tear brace suspended
- Treats pain and prevents further injury for those with meniscus tears, cartilage degeneration, strains, sprains, knee instability, muscle weakness/injury, ligament injury/weakness, moderate ACL/PCL instability, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Simple black design
- Multiple knee support sizes, including bariatric / plus sizes up to 4XL for larger legs.
|Sizing Guide||6" Above Mid-Kneecap||Mid-Kneecap||6" Below Mid-Kneecap|
|Measure the circumference around your leg at the 3 points listed above, in inches. Because the bottom portion of this brace is a sleeve, Point C is very important. Above the knee, it is a wrap around design and the fit can somewhat be adjusted.|