Spica Thumb Splint for Thumb Pain
The Active Innovations Moldable Thumb Spica is a great splint to immobilize the thumb while allowing the other fingers to retain free movement. This thumb support can be applied and removed easily with one hand and provides the comfort and immobility that that the wearer expects from a thumb abduction splint.
Features of this Splint for Thumb
Among the many injuries and symptoms—carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, thumb pain—that this immobilizer helps treat it also brings the qualities needed to the wearer.
- This splint for thumb includes a Terry Cloth within the interior with an antimicrobial agent to increase comfort and keep the stay odor free
- The hook and loop straps located at the wrist and thumb remain tight without stretching and enhance immobilization.
- Thermoplastic stay is easily adjusted through the tabbed slot in the end of the thumb spika splint.
Carpal Tunnel Thumb Splint
The main carpal tunnel symptoms are numbness or tingling located in the thumb and fingers. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a very serious condition that can leave the patient incapable of performing their normal tasks due to the severe numbness that can cause unbearable pain.
- Keeps the thumb immobile and comforted to reduce the numbness
- Heat moldable thermoplastic brace enhances immobilization and is easily adjustable for supreme comfort
Trigger Thumb Splint
Due to an inflamed or swollen tendon in the thumb, trigger finger is a common injury that many people face. The thumb is needed in many tasks performed by various people, and without proper treatment the injury could become more severe
- Unlike an ankle brace or ankle support, this splint finger can be molded to contain pressure points and the swelling in the area
- See our Trigger Finger Splint by Active Innovations, which can be worn as a splint for trigger thumb or for trigger finger, depending on your needs.
Thumb Arthritis Splint and other Treatments
General thumb pain and pain in the thumb joint needs to be immobilized and treated immediately in order to keep the pain from getting worse. Without a splint like the Moldable Thumb Spica it is difficult to refrain from using the thumb in some way, this causes the injury or symptoms to last longer or not heal correctly.
- Helps treat Metacarpophalangeal(MCP) injuries—injury to the ligaments around the knuckle of the finger—and is a non-operative option to a fusion surgery or a helpful brace for post operative use
- Treats Gamekeepers thumb, a ligament injury in the joint of the thumb
- Immobilization and comfort helps with the treatment of sprains and tendonitis
Thumb Support Splint Sizes: By Wrist Circumference (Measure Carefully)
Small: 5-6 inches
Medium: 6-7 inches
Large: 7-8 inches
X Large: 8-9 inches
|Name||Gamekeeper's Thumb Splint Spica by Active Innovations|
Write Your Own Review
|Shipping Method||Destination||Est. Delivery Date|
|Ground||Continental US Only||05/29/2013 - 06/01/2013|
|2nd Day||United States||05/29/2013|
|Next Day||United States||05/28/2013|
|Expedited||Canada||05/30/2013 - 06/02/2013|
|International||International||05/31/2013 - 06/06/2013|
|Wrist circumference in inches||5-6"||6-7"||7-8"||8-9"|
|Sized by wrist circumference.|