CyberSpine Back Straightener Brace
The postural extension this TLSO brace provides is ideal for straightening your spine and mid-back, and treating and managing pain stemming from:
- Compression fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Mechanical back pain
- Pre- and post-surgery care
As previously noted, this kyphosis back brace is an upgraded version of the original CyberSpine TLSO. Some of the improvements include the addition of removable side panels for added support as well as an L-code for medical insurance reimbursement (L0464).
The side panels as well as anterior and posterior plastic shells and a thoracic extension element that connects symphysis pubis to the sternal notch help restrict motion in the sagittal, frontal and transverse planes, stabilizing and supporting the trunk.
The posterior panel of this osteoporosis brace is designed to be easy to use with a cutout to relieve any pressure on the spine. The panel extends from the sacrococcygeal junction to the inferior spine of the scapula (shoulder blades).
The fit of this brace for kyphosis can easily be adjusted without the use of tools, thanks to Velcro closures and quick adjust straps and the easy pull adjustment of the thoracic extension element. The brace for osteoporosis fits much like a backpack. See more braces for kyphosis treatment.
Another notable feature of this brace for postural extension is the patented mechanical advantage pulley system. The abdominal compressive component allows a patient to easily adjust the degree of compression the brace provides.
The parts of the back brace f that come in contact with the skin are lined with a soft, plush material that can be removed if one so desires. For more choices, check out BraceAbility’s full line of TLSO braces.
What are the Best Treatment Options for Conditions Affecting the Thoracic Spine?
Treatment of injuries or conditions affecting the thoracic spine might require more movement restriction than similar injuries to the lumbar spine. The thoracic spine is less mobile to begin with. Plus, there is less space as a buffer around the spinal cord in the upper back, increasing the risk of damage to serious complications with an injury in this region. On the flip side, injuries to the thoracic area of the body are rarer.
The postural extension support this brace provides not only reduces pressure on the intervertebral disc and vertebrae, but it also helps limit any harmful motions of the trunk. A period of relative immobility is often needed for healing to take place.
In some cases, such as if a fracture is unstable or if there are signs the nerves or spinal cord is being affected by the injury, surgery may be necessary. This brace for postural extension can help immobilize one’s upper back leading up to and following surgery.
Are there any Milder forms of Treatment for Kyphosis?
Yes! If you're looking for a less intense form of treatment for Kyphosis try the Posture Corrector Brace. This brace offers a simple and sleek design making it a mild alternative to a thoracic postural kyphosis brace. The material is breathable and lightweight and allows for a customizable amount of tension. Similar to the back straightner, the brace is designed like a backpack, making application and removal a breeze.
What Uprgades were Made From the Original Cyberspine TLSO?
The upgrades made to the original CyberSpine TLSO makes this TLSO orthotic even more attractive to those dealing with an injury or condition of the thoracic back. Its features include the following:
- Provides thoracic postural extension alignment
- Supports and stabilizes the back
- Controls motion on three planes (sagittal, transverse and frontal)
- Treats: osteoporosis, spinal stenosis, kyphosis, compression fractures, mechanical pain, strain
- Ideal for pre- and post-surgical care
- Segmented rigid plastic shells
- Molded panels
- Removable side (lateral) panels for extra support and stability
- Back panel has a cutout for spine relief
- Extends from the sacrococcygeal junction to the inferior of the scapular spine
- Patented mechanical advantage pulley system
- Abdominal compressive component
- Anterior shell and the thoracic extension component run from the symphysis pubis to the sternal notch
- Articulating sternal pad
- Can be adjusted without tools
- Quick release buckles
- Soft, plush liner (removable)
- Ergonomic design
- Available in sizes small to 2XL, fitting waist circumferences 30 inches to 55 inches.
- Different back panel heights as appropriate for changes in sizes
- Includes L-code for medical insurance reimbursement (L0464)
|Size||Waist Circumference||Back Panel Height|
|Small||30" - 35"||17"|
|Medium||35" - 40"||17"|
|Large||40" - 45"||19"|
|X-Large||45" - 50"||19"|
|2XL||50" - 55"||19"|
|All measurements taken in inches|