Elbow Counterforce Brace for Lateral Epicondylitis or Medial Epicondylitis
At this point, you might be asking yourself, what is a counterforce brace? A counterforce brace for elbow epicondylitis is a simple elbow strap that encircles the forearm just a thumbs’ breadth below the site of one’s pain.
This simple counterforce elbow strap reduces tension on the tendons at their insertion point to the bone by transferring force farther down the arm. Some also say that this “confuses” the nerves into not sending pain signals. Regardless of how it works, its effectiveness makes it one of the best counterforce braces for tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
This particular tennis elbow counterforce brace comes with a pad for targeted compression in the vicinity of one’s pain.
The counter force elbow brace is very easy to put on and take off. One simply opens the strap, positions the padded area, threads the strap through the buckle, pulls it back to one’s desired level of comfort and secured it via the hook-and-loop (Velcro-like) closure. Most experts recommend that patients should place the counterforce brace for tennis elbow slightly (about a thumb’s breadth) below the painful area.
A lateral epicondylitis counterforce brace should fit snugly, but not so tightly that one’s fingers tingle or become numb. That is a sign one’s circulation is being impinged. The best counter force brace for golfer's elbow will only work if it is applied properly.
The counterforce tennis elbow brace is constructed of premium-grade neoprene that warms one’s tissues. This material is also quite durable, but soft against the skin. There are no hard edges on this counterforce brace for tennis elbow to irritate one’s skin.
Another perk o elbow counterforce bracing is that is an inexpensive way to treat various forms of elbow tendonitis. The universal sizing of the counterforce brace for medial epicondylitis also helps cut down on inventory, which makes it a more affordable brace for customers. With a price tag under $20, there is little reason to hunt around for a special or coupon when you’re looking to buy a counterforce brace for epicondylitis.
The universal sizing aspect also makes ordering simpler. The adjustable tension elbow brace can easily be adjusted to fit most individuals. Specifically, it fits forearm circumferences ranging from 8 to 12 inches.
Elbow Counterforce Brace for Golfer’s Elbow and Tennis Elbow
Golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow are two types of elbow tendonitis, more specifically known as medial epicondylitis and lateral epicondylitis, respectively. The distinction between them has to do with whether the irritated area is at inner (medial) or outer (lateral) side of the elbow.
As you can likely infer, the more informal terms golfer’s and tennis elbow has to do with sports that are commonly associated with these forms of tendonitis, but they are certainly not mutually exclusive. Golfers can get tennis elbow and vice versa. And there are many activities that put repetitive stress on the tendons of one’s forearms. Typing, playing the guitar or gardening can all lead to elbow tendonitis.
Such flexion or extension motions irritate the tendon where it inserts to the bone, causing inflammation and in some cases small tears. Besides pain, this can also compromise the mobility of one’s wrist and hands.
So what kind of brace do you use for tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow? Many professionals recommend a counter force brace for elbow tendonitis.
What is a counterforce elbow brace? This refers to a circumferential brace that encircles one’s forearm and provides tension to the irritated area. This helps transfer force down the arm, reducing pressure on the painful area around one’s elbow.
These come in two forms—as a counterforce strap that encircles one’s forearm or a full sleeve that includes an elbow counterforce strap. Both counterforce elbow orthoses are quite effective and one’s choice is primarily a matter of user preference.
In many cases, wearing a counterforce forearm brace, taking anti-inflammatory pain medications and taking a break from irritating activities is sufficient for treating golf or tennis elbow.
A lateral or medial epicondylitis counterforce brace can be worn throughout one’s day or just during irritating activities. Note that the extra pad of this particular golfers elbow counterforce brace can help reduce vibrations that might irritate one’s elbow, such as when operating power tools or riding a motorcycle.
You will find most counterforce braces for sale are quite affordable thanks to their simple but effective design.
“They are not expensive and if they don't work, they don't cause harm. I encourage people to try them,” Edward McFarland, a professor of orthopedic surgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore told the Wall Street Journal.
Key Features of Counterforce Elbow Brace
A counter force brace for tennis elbow is a low-cost and low-effort way of easing elbow tendonitis that is quite successful for many individuals. Following are some of the details that make this an obvious choice for treating tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow.
- Counterforce bracing for tennis elbow or golfers’ elbow is a simple and effective solution
- The counterforce arm brace features a simple, wrap-around design
- Tennis elbow counterforce strap is low profile for athletic or daily use
- Tennis elbow padded brace can reduce stress of vibration
- Tension band for tennis elbow transfers force away from tendon insertion points
- Counterforce brace for lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and medial epicondylitis (golf elbow) treatment
- It is easy to put on a tennis elbow brace—simply open its strap, position the pad on or just below the affected area, thread the strap through the buckle and pull back to fasten the hook-and-loop closure
- The tennis elbow tension brace should fit snugly without impairing circulation
- Velcro-like closure makes it easy to adjust the fit of the counterforce brace for golfers’ elbow
- Fit of brace for lateral epicondylitis is very adjustable
- Universal sizing of this counterforce splint makes sizing a breeze (fits forearm circumferences from 8 to 12 inches)
- This cuts down on inventory, making the counter force tennis elbow brace even more affordable
- Neoprene brace for medial or lateral epicondylitis treatment is soft and warm
- Anti-inflammatory elbow brace
- Counterforce brace for elbow tendonitis is latex free
- Black counterforce brace for elbow
Adjustable - one size fits all