List Price: $950.00Your Price: $790.00You Save: $160.00The new and improved Ossur Unloader One knee brace incorporates color-coded buckles, more intuitive strapping, and denser Sensilﾮ lining for increased patient comfort. The flexible, perforated shells on this osteoarthritis knee support conform easily to your unique leg shape, giving Unloader One OTS an excellent out-of-the-box fit. The Dual Dynamic Force Straps generate more unloading leverage than any Unloader to date, and quick fit ratcheting buckles and a breathable liner help ensure ease of wear.
List Price: $900.00Your Price: $680.00You Save: $220.00The Ossur Flex is a post-op knee brace - a rehab solution offering more versatility in both shape and function than most other post surgery knee braces. THe heat-moldable, carbon composite frame accommodates changes in leg shape during recovery from surgery, and the Accutrac range-of-motion hinges provide flexion and extension control.
List Price: $800.00Your Price: $680.00You Save: $120.00The Ossur Paradigm knee brace is an off-the-shelf ligament knee brace which provide total ligament support through multiple points of leverage. The contoured medial thigh shell provides maximum comfort while the calf shell features an Adjustable Tibial Strap that captures the tibia. The patented design on this Paradigm knee brace simplifies application and removal, while accommodating changes in leg shape which may occur during rehab from acute ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL or other ligament injury or surgery.
List Price: $900.00Your Price: $680.00You Save: $220.00The Flex Sport Ossur Knee Brace is offers more versatility in both shape and function than most other post-surgery ligament knee brace options. Its carbon composite frame accommodates edema and/or changes in leg shape during recovery from knee surgery. The Gel Fit condylar pads improve suspension and are comfortable to tender knees recovering from trauma. The sport version is intended for wearers with a leaner or more athletic leg shape.
List Price: $695.00Your Price: $680.00You Save: $15.00C180 Rocket model for kids. With a condensed size and Accutrack hinges that are modified to more accurately track young knees, the Rocket provides support for children with ligament instabilities.
List Price: $950.00Your Price: $600.00You Save: $350.00A sleeveless, single-upright, off-the-shelf knee brace for the relief of osteoarthritis knee pain. The Unloader Spirit knee brace is an adjustable, lightweight and low profile brace for mild to moderate OA. The Unloader Spirit is ideal for patients with proportionate limb shape wishing to enjoy their normal daily activities.
List Price: $900.00Your Price: $680.00You Save: $220.00The MVP Contour is a versatile, low-profile, aluminum OTS knee brace brace incorporating Ossur's patented technology that is engineered to capture the tibia, securing the brace in the proper position on the leg. This Post op knee brace is a great LC knee brace and PCL brace and can be easily tailored to achieve a customized fit.
List Price: $900.00Your Price: $700.00You Save: $200.00OAsys® is an osteoarthritis knee brace for medial or lateral unloading of the knee joint to relieve the pain associated with osteoarthritis. Its double upright increases functional support for those patients with ligament instability. Ossur equipped this unique brace with our new Accutrac ROM hinge for post-op and long-term rehab.
List Price: $700.00Your Price: $600.00You Save: $100.00The Ossur Unloader Express is a lower cost alternative unloader knee brace option for less active individuals. Using the proven 3-Point Leverage System, the Ossur Unloader Express combines an Adjustable Dynamic Joint with a Dynamic Force Strap to unload the affected compartment, reducing pain. Combining a CoolFlex sleeve with a semi-rigid frame, the Express offers a unique variation on the Unloader theme.
List Price: $700.00Your Price: $480.00You Save: $220.00This cost-effective, single-upright knee brace is the perfect option to treat moderate MCL injuries, or mild combined ligament instabilities. With a diagonal DFS strap that tightens when the knee is extended, Trainer resists valgus forces and minimizes axial rotation. Its carbon steel range-of-motion hinge and injection-molded carbon shells are extremely durable, and an Adjustable Tibial Strap provides tibial capture and improved suspension. The Trainer knee brace is an excellent option for use in activities where a medial hinge may impede performance, or a padded shell covering is required.
Ossur is an Icelandic company, founded in 1971 in order to research, manufacture and market non-invasive orthopedics to the general public. These orthopedics now include a variety of products from supports and braces to revolutionary prosthetic limbs, all of which have the aim of helping people to ‘live a life without limitations’.
The company is a key player in American, Asian and European markets, and is continually expanding its influence to new countries. The expanse of Ossur means it can commit vast resources to research and development in order to produce innovative products for these markets.
What Makes Ossur Braces Unique?
Ossur is a company focused on the research and development of new materials, technologies and manufacturing techniques which can be incorporated into new product releases. This research and development is focused into six core areas:
- Mechatronics – combining electronic and mechanical engineering in prosthetics, in order to more accurately imitate natural human movements.
- Carbon Composites – finding new carbon-based materials which have properties useful for prosthetics and braces (e.g. light, strong and flexible).
- Silicone – this material has long been used in prosthetics as a comfortable way to join the prosthetic to the joint, but new compositions may further increase its uses.
- Textiles – a range of materials which can be used to provide greater comfort and improve the functionality of damaged limbs or joints (e.g. increasing blood flow).
- Injection Moulding – a manufacturing process which may improve the reliability of products as well as adding functionality.
- Mechanics – advancing mechanical knowledge can help to improve all products, giving them more functionality and progressing upon the uses they already have.
This large range of active research areas helps to make Ossur products state-of-the-art while maintaining their commitment to create products at a low enough cost to sell to the general public.
Ossur ligament and osteoarthritis knee braces include design features from this research to provide rigidity, flexibility, optimum protection and maximum stability to the knee joint, all while being lightweight and comfortable to wear. Different products within these ranges provide varying features for different lifestyles and even suitability for different sports (e.g. baseball, basketball, running, golf, etc.).
Which Medical Conditions are Treated by Ossur Braces?
The human knee is a complex structure which can be affected by ligament damage or osteoarthritis in a number of ways. Braces help these conditions by lowering the load the joint has to withstand, so therefore reducing painful symptoms in order to return to a normal life, which may include sporting activities.
The five most commonly damaged structures in the knee are:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL)
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL)
Damage to each of these affects the knee differently and so therefore requires a unique style of knee brace. Knowing which structure has been damaged is vital and should be diagnosed by a qualified medical professional, so that the appropriate brace can be chosen.
Osteoarthritis is damage to the knee of a different variety - it is less often caused by a mechanical injury. As the condition worsens the cartilage protecting the knee degenerates and so simple movements can become painful as the bone is unprotected. Ossur knee braces help to reduce the load the knee joint has to withstand, which helps to reduce painful symptoms as the bones grind together.
For all Ossur products there is online support for each which offers primarily physicians, but also the public, a more in depth view of how each brace works and which will be most effective for specific conditions. This support can be found at the Ossur website ‘ossur.com’ under the subheading ‘Ossur Academy’.
- Ossur reported end of year sales totalling $401 million in 2011, a rise of 11.6% from the previous year.
- During 2011, 25 new and innovative products were released, including the first products in partnership with ‘Nike’.
- North and South America formed 51% of the company’s total sales in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Ossur has 8 main operation centres around the world which offer customer support assistance, including one in California.
- Ossur employs roughly 100 research and development professionals at 4 centres around the world in order to design new products and improve existing ones.
- ’Fast Company Magazine’ voted Ossur as the 7th most innovative healthcare company globally.
- Ossur’s carbon fibre prostheses ‘Flex-Foot Cheetah’ is used by double-amputee sprinter Oscar Pistorius (known as ‘The Blade Runner’).