Bort Thumb Splint
Skier’s thumb is a thumb ligament injury to the tissue that connects the bones of the thumb. These can be torn or irritated and cause severe pain that needs to be immobilized and treated correctly. The Bort StellFix thumb splint immobilizes the thumb saddle joint at the base of the thumb for the best stabilization.
A De Quervain's Tenosynovitis Brace
De Quervain s syndrome is a painful swelling and irritation that occurs in the thumb and runs down the thumb side of the wrist. The pain can even reach the lower arm and needs thumb and wrist support to be healed comfortably and correctly.
Brace for Thumb Saddle Joint and Metacarpophalangeal Joint
- A short version of the StellaFix thumb braces that allow free movement of the fingers and the wrist.
- Thumb saddle joint brace, made of thermoplastic material, which meams it can be customized and reshaped with the use of a hairdryer and scissors.
- The Velcro strap is located around the wrist and is padded for the best comfort and positioning.
- Textile flocking lines the inside of the brace.
- Perforation provides the best ventilation and breathability.
A De Quervain's Brace for Thumb Joint Pain and other Thumb Injuries
- A metacarpophalangeal joint sprain can cause metacarpophalangeal joint swelling in the joints of the thumb causing pain and irritation to the ligaments and tendons of the thumb. This can also be classified as metacarpophalangeal joint arthritis as it is a sign of Rheumatoid arthritis in the thumb.
- Immobilizes the thumb saddle joint located at the base of the thumb that is the source of numerous thumb injuries.
- Unlike the Bort Thumb Hand Brace, the Bort StellaFix N is not a hand immobilizer that works to heal hand injuries. It concentrates on the thumb joints and gets added support from the wrist strap.
- Color: beige
|Size||Circumference of Wrist|
|X-Small||Up to 6"|
|Small||6" - 6.75"|
|Medium||6.75" - 7.5"|
|Large||7.5" - 8.25"|
|X-Large||8.25" - 9"|
|Measurement point: Circumference of wrist proximal to styloideus. (see image above)|