The Bort Soft Thumb Splint for Arthritis in Thumb
Arthritis of the thumb is a very common form of osteoarthritis in the thumb that affects the thumb joints. The thumb saddle joint and thumb basal joint are the commonly involved which makes the flexion and extension of the thumb become painful and sometimes almost impossible. The bones in the basal joint run through the hand, making a need for a hand support brace as well as a thumb support a priority.
Features of this Bort Thumb Arthritis Brace for Arthritis Symptoms
- An extremely soft hand and wrist support that is both breathable and comfortable.
- Integrated, anatomically molded thumb splint that provides partial immobilization to the thumb saddle joint and metacarpophalangeal joint.
- A splint for hand and thumb that allows free movement of the fingers.
- Works for either hand.
- At 4.3" (11 cm), the Bort Soft Thumb Splint Short is a shorter brace than its counterpart, the Bort Long Thumb Arthritis Brace.
The Bort Soft Thumb Splint Brace and Arthritis Thumb Treatment
There are varying severities of arthritis in the thumb that must be treated correctly. A brace like the Soft Thumb Splint is often suggested.
- Comforts the pain in the joints of the thumb.
- Immobilizes and positioning of the thumb.
- Allows the joints to rest in order for them to recover.
- A soft and comfortable hand finger brace that can be worn throughout the entire day for the best support.
Soft Thumb Splint Short for Arthritis of the Metacarpal Joint
Arthritis in thumb joint can also occur in the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb. Not only does this brace for hand act as a partial wrist immobilizer, the thumb tube is also long enough to stabilize the metacarpophalangeal joint to comfort and help in the recovery of thumb arthritis.
- Soft support, breathable material provides optimum comfort
- Integrated, anatomically pre-molded splint for partial immobilization of the thumb joint
- Color: beige, blue (note: Beige may take 3-5 weeks for delivery)
- Universal, works for the left or right hand