The Bort SellaDur for the Thumb Saddle Joint
The Bort SellaDur thumb brace was designed to fit over the hand and to act as a thumb saddle joint support. The saddle joint in the thumb is the closest joint to the wrist that allows flexion and extension that is necessary for the thumbs movement. If the thumb ligaments and thumb tendons are torn or irritated in this area, the thumb injury needs the immobilization provided by the Bort SellaDur.
Features of the Bort SellaDur Thumb Brace for Arthritis in Thumb Treatment
- This is a splint for hand that straps on similar to a hand support brace and immobilizes the metacarpophalangeal joint and saddle joint of the thumb with the rigid Duroplast material.
- The perforated holes in the finger support offer comfort and breathability.
- This thumb arthritis treatment has a raised edge at the thumb forefinger where joints are joined to avoid unwanted pressure.
- There is an added thumb sock under the thumb brace for added support.
A Brace for Arthritis Thumb Treatment & Skier's Thumb Pain
- This treatment for thumb arthritis is also great for the treatment of skier’s thumb. This is a thumb ligament injury to the ligaments that connect the bones of the thumb. The Selladur thumb splint immobilizes the thumb joints to give the irritated thumb ligaments a chance to heal properly.
- Thumb Rhizarthrosis—this is also known as thumb arthrosis at the base of the thumb and can cause pressure pain in the joint that needs to be stabilized and comforted.
- Immobilization to the metacarpophalangeal joint and thumb saddle joint where many common thumb injuries occur.
- Incorporates a special raised edge in the critical thumb forefinger area (commissure)
- With black undersock for excellent comfort
- Color: blue